The Manchester United Thread

Rashford. Rewarding him 250K when he hasn't even moulded into what he's supposed to be yet 4-5 seasons in is silly. What happens if & when he develops into what he's supposed to be? What does he earn then? Is he going to demand another raise?

Benzema is on 150K at Madrid.

Wage structure is a circus, this isn't sustainable. Only players at the club who should be earning more than 200k are De Gea & Pogba. If you want world class wages, become a world class player.

Where are you seeing that, because its supposeded a highly incentivised 200k

On the contrary, the wage is sustainable. Sanchez is the only outlier. And our wage bill is significantly smaller than Madrids, Benzema isnt a good example, because he's underpaid compared to the rest of Madrid's main players

Its easy to blame Sanchez, but the real issue is a lot of the big european clubs like PSG can offer mad wages. You can bet Rashford could get more at Barcelona, whose wage bill is at half a billion a year

Last edited:
Found it, So its a highly incentivized 250k a week. Which he only earns if he's flying week in and week out. So suspect his base wage is indeed around 150k

To be honest I don't even think we'll sign anyone there if Lukaku goes. Especially if Sanchez keeps up this form. I honestly believe it's lingard and dalot on the right. Martial and James on the left, and rashford and Sanchez up top if Lukaku goes. And they are all pretty much interchangable. They key is Sanchez keeping his formthen we should have enough regardless of Lukaku. If he stays you move dalot to RB, James to RW and Sanchez LW to keep Lukaku up top

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

That only works if Sanchez is flying and he's not been for 6 months. They'll track another forward who can play across the flanks.

It's only Ducker reporting that tbf and he says £250k 'including bonuses'....... I wouldn't actually put much on this at all because his base wage is probably much lower. Not to mention Ducker isn't all that accurate most the time with United imo.

It's only Ducker reporting that tbf and he says £250k 'including bonuses'....... I wouldn't actually put much on this at all because his base wage is probably much lower. Not to mention Ducker isn't all that accurate most the time with United imo.

Also doesn't say if the 250k a week includes a signing on bonus, which will take his basic wage down further again

Also doesn't say if the 250k a week includes a signing on bonus, which will take his basic wage down further again

Yeah and wasn't it just the other week most these 'journals' was saying how he was 'DEMANDING £350k!?".... don't think they have a clue.

Depends how preseason goes, the setup Ole had them playing before he ran them into the ground, especially in the Arsenal away game was great, pace movement all over the front 3. and that was Martial / Lingard / Rashford.

Depends how preseason goes, the setup Ole had them playing before he ran them into the ground, especially in the Arsenal away game was great, pace movement all over the front 3. and that was Martial / Lingard / Rashford.

Exactly. Lingard destroyed Arsenal that day. First thing first, we've got to be so much fitter

Reports in various Portuguese press. Also MEN reporting Fernandes agent is in England to push through a move to Utd this week. Also backs up what Ducker reported on Friday.

Exactly. Lingard destroyed Arsenal that day. First thing first, we've got to be so much fitter
Lingard central, sure why not? As a winger? Uh, he lacks dribbling, pace and crossing to be a winger. AWB would need to carry that right side by himself.

Also, the Moyes' curse is lifted. United is back.

Lingard central, sure why not? As a winger? Uh, he lacks dribbling, pace and crossing to be a winger. AWB would need to carry that right side by himself.

Also, the Moyes' curse is lifted. United is back.
If it's a 4-3-3, we would have very little use of a traditional winger too, right? Lingard would be cutting in and floating centrally, Rashford anyhow likes to drift right to receive possession. I guess a slightly fluid system is what we would be focussing on. It can work with Rashford, may not work with Lukaku (well, Mourinho-Lukaku). Ideally, someone like Pepe would be excellent, based on what Mike was talking about his game style a couple of weeks back, but he is not the focus right now, and I can understand that. If we get the players centrally to start controlling games (CB/CM), that takes away some of the pressure on the wingers which helps. Can focus on getting a winger next season.

Also, it is insane that we just got rid of Moyes and his compensation. Man, I miss Ferguson.

You need width anyway. That front 3 provides little of it. If its 433, fullbacks need to carry a lot more. We'll see. Cant wait for the first friendly.

One of the issues with Lingard I find now is his whole brand has become a bit of a meme and his influence on other players just seems to make a joke out of everything.

When things are going well you kind of take to his laugh and joke silly attitude, but now not so much... just comes off as childish a lot of the time.

But I'm genuinely just not a fan of that type of mentality and especially when they are doing all that dancing ****. Got on strictly for that, you and Pogba would make a perfect duo.

Fernandes, Longstaff, Yedder And a CB should be our aim now. Then look to shift on the likes of Lukaku, Darmian and Rojo!

One of the issues with Lingard I find now is his whole brand has become a bit of a meme and his influence on other players just seems to make a joke out of everything.

When things are going well you kind of take to his laugh and joke silly attitude, but now not so much... just comes off as childish a lot of the time.

But I'm genuinely just not a fan of that type of mentality and especially when they are doing all that dancing ****. Got on strictly for that, you and Pogba would make a perfect duo.

Who actually cares what he does in his offtime on holiday?

People need to spend less time focusing on what people do in their off time

As long as he trains and plays professionally people need to get over it. By all accounts he's an exceptionally good trainer and had to be, because they thought he was far too small to play football for years. It's why he debuted so late

It’s funny because he’s posted lots of vids of himself training but people only seem to want to focus on the dancing and stuff. Martial, Mctominey or James post some vid on training in the off season. And it’s a wank fest!

Well, yes, it's similar to Pogba's hairstyle. Always garners more attention and criticism than it warrants. Mainly because people are used to a 'normal' professional outlook, even on hair or dancing. Honestly, I don't particularly care about either, as long as they do their job on the pitch and perform well.

Who actually cares what he does in his offtime on holiday?

People need to spend less time focusing on what people do in their off time

As long as he trains and plays professionally people need to get over it. By all accounts he's an exceptionally good trainer and had to be, because they thought he was far too small to play football for years. It's why he debuted so late

He posts this jokey stuff throughout all the season tbf, can see why he winds people up.

He posts this jokey stuff throughout all the season tbf, can see why he winds people up.

He doesn't wind people up. People get unnecessarily would up by it. There's a big difference.

Back