The Manchester United Thread

Didn't say he was like them, just saying if we sign Tielemans and Fernandes, we still have abundance of other midfielders already at the club. There isn't room for all of them! Wouldn't mind seeing the back of Matic totally tbh, he should be binned.

There are a lot of good CM's on the move this suer tbf and btw Garner is 18. Despite the difference in their age, Longstaff doesn't exactly have much PL experience behind him either. Not to mention coming back from injury.

Dunno a bit torn on this one tbh, this British ideology is all good if it works out but think Longstaff is not an immediate answer to our midfield like others could be.

He's not signing Longstaff for an immediate answer. That should be obvious to you.

Honestly zz, spend less time posting and more time thinking through what you're actually moaning about, because you'd answer most of your questions yourself.

He's not signing Longstaff for an immediate answer. That should be obvious to you.

Honestly zz, spend less time posting and more time thinking through what you're actually moaning about, because you'd answer most of your questions yourself.

Not moaning Mike, most fans are divided on Longstaff and if you read my original post I said that I am not saying that 'it is not a good signing'.

Anything I discuss in here comes across as the wrong way now... sigh. Even when I make the effort to at least discuss something.

Not moaning Mike, most fans are divided on Longstaff and if you read my original post I said that I am not saying that 'it is not a good signing'.

Anything I discuss in here comes across as the wrong way now... sigh. Even when I make the effort to at least discuss something.

Most fans are idiots. They restarted the green and gold campaign because we didn't sign De Ligt.

You're saying we need a here and now midfielder. That's Fernandes. Who would also be an excellent replacement to Pogba. **** it wouldnt surprise me if he's Ole's insurance.

You've long wanted a young hungry, British dominated core, and you're getting it.

He wants another Carrick. He's a raw Carrick. If he's *****, it's no money. If he's great, then you've development a 70m midfielder for less than half the price and he's going to be committed to United colours. It's a low risk, high reward signing.

Tbh I don't think fans can complain if we land all our targets, because they are all very good ones, even Maguire. And I say that as someone who much prefers Dias.

Last edited:
I'd be happy with James, Longstaff, AWB and Fernandez. Throw in a CB and I see it as a very good window.

I don't want my socks blown off in the window, I want to see a strategy... A clear strategy that can move us forward.
This appears to be happening... So no complaints from me.

Another good performance from Sanchez last night scoring the decisive pen. Had lots of energy and really good link up play. If he can bring this form into the new season he will be a very good/useful option this season. Then hopefully we will have better luck moving him on after another year has past on his contract. Defo looks to have got something about him back since the start of the AFCON.

Like a new signing, right? Where have we heard it all before?

He couldn't have been much worse tbf so anything is an improvement. And we need cover for James

Image being called back up for James...

Screw Longstaff, get Partey. 45M release clause. Yes please.

Delighted with AWB.

Manchester United is delighted to confirm the signing of Aaron Wan-Bissaka from Crystal Palace. Aaron has signed a five-year contract with an option to extend for a further year.

The 21-year-old defender came through the ranks of Crystal Palace’s academy. He made his professional debut in February 2018 and picked up both the fans’ player of the year award and also the players’ player of the year award in his first full season. Aaron represented England at this year’s UEFA European Under-21 Championship.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said: “Aaron is one of the best upcoming defenders in the Premier League. He has the right work ethic, talent and mentality to play for Manchester United and he fits exactly the type of player that we are looking to bring into the squad to help us improve and push on further.

“Aaron is a young, hungry player and eager to learn and that’s important at his age. I am delighted he has signed with us and we look forward to continuing his tremendous development so far.”

Aaron Wan-Bissaka said: “It’s an unbelievable feeling and an honour to call myself a Manchester United player and something I know that only a small number of players have the privilege to say.

“I can’t wait to get going and integrated into the squad. I will have a short break now after the European Championships but I’m looking forward to starting training with the manager and my new team-mates on the pre-season tour.”

He couldn't have been much worse tbf so anything is an improvement. And we need cover for James

Image being called back up for James...

Imagine signing 2nd divison player to be your first choice winger.
Not that I have anything against him, its just plain dumb to expect him to be a first choice, at least right away. So its Lingard, James and Mata as a choice on the right.

Not that I have anything against him, its just plain dumb to expect him to be a first choice, at least right away. So its Lingard, James and Mata as a choice on the right.
Could be anyone lol atm Lingard, Mata, James, Sanchez, Chong, Martial. Think the front 3 will be very fluid.

Lingard will be first choice, James second. Sanchez fighting to get back in the squad

If Lingard’s our first choice right winger going into the season then someone’s ****** up somewhere. James better take to it like a duck to water

I think it's going to be lingard first and dalot 2nd

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

If Lingard’s our first choice right winger going into the season then someone’s ****** up somewhere. James better take to it like a duck to water
Lingard suits it when he is on form. Likes to roam a lot, and likes to close down quite a bit too. He's the energetic presser from the front, which will help the other two get into better spaces. True, he was bad last season, but so was most of the squad. With a proper pre-season, if he can regain his form of old, it'll be good for us. Dalot is most likely back up for both RB and RM. And LB. James backup for both LM and RM.

I'm not that worried with RM, to be honest. Yes, we need a right winger, a proper one. But we sure can't get everyone this season, and if the intention is to wait next season for Sancho, then that's fine.

Bit more good news for @ManUtd. Significant progress made on new contract for Marcus Rashford. Confidence now that deal will be done. Big increase in wage - not as big as reported £350,000 - but reflective of status and OGS's emphasis on youth.

Back