The Manchester United Thread

That's deliberate. He wants Sancho at all costs. We have more than enough to finish top 3, and anything outside CL next season is a failure. Then next season you're looking at left back, a central midfielder, and Sancho as your elite winger as targets
That almost sounds like a plan lol. We have not had one of those in a while :P Think we would need a top DM not CM though especially if Pogba decides to stick around. Him, Fernandes, Fred, Periera, Mctominey potentiality Levitt would be good enough for CM. Would only really leave us Longstaff and Garner who play better from deep when Hopefully Matic is moved on.

If the Summer goes like rumoured Mike. How would you setup personnel wise?

DDG

AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw

Matic/Longstaff

Fernandes Pogba

Lingard/Sanchez/James Martial

Rashford​

I've stuck in options where I expect heavy competition as opposed to obvious starters

Key now is keeping OGS and giving him a fair go no matter how we start the season or where we are in January. If the plan is clear on the pitch then we need to see it out for as long as possible. No point being 7th in January and sacking him after backing him in this window. It could take a season just for us to get to the fitness level to sustain the style of play over a full season like Liverpool did.

DDG

Matic/Longstaff

Fernandes Pogba

Rashford​

I've stuck in options where I expect heavy competition as opposed to obvious starters
Yeah Exactly what I would go with.

Any thoughts on giving Fred a go as DM in rotation with Matic? Especially after his performance in Paris.

Any thoughts on giving Fred a go as DM in rotation with Matic? Especially after his performance in Paris.
I like Fred think he can cover various roles/Positions in CM. Definitely showed some of his quality from Shaktar and what made Pep and City want him. Just clearly not use to the pace of the prem to start with. His attitude was always spot on though and never hid away even when not at his best.

DDG

Matic/Longstaff

Fernandes Pogba

Rashford​

Just looking at this again. You replace at DM with say Partey then RW with Sancho that’s a genuine league challenging team imo.

I like Maguire and i'll be happy if he comes. Now, how can we value Maguire at 70 million and let Ndombele go to Tottrnhan for 60 million is beyond me.

I like Maguire and i'll be happy if he comes. Now, how can we value Maguire at 70 million and let Ndombele go to Tottrnhan for 60 million is beyond me.
Most probably because he didn’t want to come here. His agent has said all along he would only move to a club with CL. Fans need to understand we are not as desirable as we once was and Spurs are in a fantastic place.

Most probably because he didn’t want to come here. His agent has said all along he would only move to a club with CL. Fans need to understand we are not as desirable as we once was and Spurs are in a fantastic place.

If he's going to Tottenham for that price isn't very likely that other clubs - including us - have put up much of a fight for him.

If he's going to Tottenham for that price isn't very likely that other clubs - including us - have put up much of a fight for him.
They most likely we’re mate. But he will go to Spurs CL finalists. New stadium and be a guaranteed starter under a good manager and an established top 4 team plus get a wage hike. Can see easily why he would go there. We need to realise players will turn us down.

They most likely we’re mate. But he will go to Spurs CL finalists. New stadium and be a guaranteed starter under a good manager and an established top 4 team plus get a wage hike. Can see easily why he would go there. We need to realise players will turn us down.

What it most likely means is that they already knew he wanted Spurs. Transfer bids are usually one of the last things that happen these days.

I'm fine with players turning us down, i just don't know if we seriously went after him. I mean, look at how we went for De Ligt. If we had made an offer for Ndombele, Lyon would certainly use that to drive up his price. But anyways, since it's just speculation, i'll stop with this post.

Maguire is good tbf, I rate him more than Stones and barely puts a foot wrong for club/country. England's best fully established CB by a mile but the price is going to get ridiculous if they don't accept close to £70m.

They are both inconsistent at the well defending part of being a defender. Atleast with Maguire he is a set piece threat. England's best defender mantle goes to Gomez for me bit of bias of course but the kid is a rolls royce.

Nemanja Vidić has been offered the chance to coach Manchester United U23s!Nenad Lalatović said that, FK Vojvodina coach & Vida's best man."He got an offer to coach Man Utd B. I told him that's perfect for him if he wants to coach, but he hasn't decided yet." [Elta TV] #MUFC

New signing Jackie Groenen scores the goal that too the Dutch to the finals last night. Looks a cracking signing for the women’s team.

270d.png
We're delighted to confirm the signing of Scotland striker @JaneRoss10
1f64c.png

Welcome to the club, Jane! #MUWomen

https://twitter.com/ManUtd

270d.png
@AndrinhoPereira has put pen to paper on a new #MUFC deal
1f44d.png

Andreas Pereira new @ManUtd contract to 2023

Option for another year on Pereira contract. Says he regards club as his 'home'. Solskjaer: "Andreas doesn’t take it (club) for granted. Become important member of the squad with his energy and hard work in midfield. Knows what he has to do to continue his development here."

Last edited:
Back