The Manchester United Thread

He's good but more raw, probably isn't ready to be our first defender and we're not actually sure he's for sale.

We don't need him to be versatile at right back tbh
I would personally go for him looks more ready for the PL than Ruben Diaz who I think youre a big fan of Mike but think it might be a step to far for him. Plus he plays on the right hand side which you already have Lindelof for.

Alternatives of Milenkovic and Dias are certainly good ones. But United need Maguire's personality as much as anything too.

I would personally go for him looks more ready for the PL than Ruben Diaz who I think youre a big fan of Mike but think it might be a step to far for him. Plus he plays on the right hand side which you already have Lindelof for.

He's a very good player for his age. We also lack a force of personality which Maguire has. Which probably tips it for me tbh. That's not to say I'd be disappointed if he rocked up at the club. Far from it. I'd take any one of the three

Yeah Milenkovic is definitely not ready to be a starter for us. And even though playing more out of position at FB. His passing is all over the place.

Simon Stone: Belgium forward Romelu Lukaku looks increasingly likely to be staying at Manchester United.
It had been expected Inter Milan would try and sign Lukaku. However, there has been no bid tabled so far. Even if one were to be, United would want at least £90m more than they paid Everton for him two years ago....the club would not allow the second most expensive player in their history to leave without making a profit.

Simon Stone: Belgium forward Romelu Lukaku looks increasingly likely to be staying at Manchester United.
It had been expected Inter Milan would try and sign Lukaku. However, there has been no bid tabled so far. Even if one were to be, United would want at least £90m more than they paid Everton for him two years ago....the club would not allow the second most expensive player in their history to leave without making a profit.

Isn't this wrong though... They're currently just far apart.

ok maybe but why should we let him go for less than what we paid thay ****** us about so pay up or **** off
We don’t want to except less. We want them to stump us as is being reported. But it won’t be cash like you want. It will likely be a structured deal but still getting our money back in the process.

Anyways in other news. MEN and Evening Standard reporting Utd confident Pogba will stay and that we will sign 3 players even if Lukaku stays.

Starting 11:

Romero

Dalot-Tuanzebe-Jones-Young

Matic-Periera

Chong-Lingard-James

Martial

Subs: DDG, Joel, Rojo, Smalling, AWB, Garner, Gomes, Mata, Mctominey, Pogba, Greenwood, Rashford

Last edited:
Kit looks great! Matic all over the place so far! James looking very dangerous. Pressing has been good. Tuanzebe so composed. Nice be be playing with genuine width!

Energy has been superb. Young goes close with a good effort. The intensity is noticeably different from a lot of our past pre seasons.

Lingard goes close. Tuanzebe and James standouts so far. Martial definitely doing more off the ball. Pitch is dogshit!! Feel sorry for Periera trying to do the job of 2 atm but been decent.

Greenwood, Rashford, Gomes, Pogba, Wan-Bissaka, Mata, McTominay, Rojo, Shaw, Smalling and Joel Pereira warming up for the second-half. #mufc

Chong been better since swapping to the left. Perth literally playing with 11 in the box. 0-0 Ht

Rashford makes it 1-0 with a great goal. Assist by Pogba. Angel Gomes been sensational since coming on at HT!!!

Greenwood misses a great chance after some lovely link up play between Mata and Pogba.

Last edited:

Sometimes I wonder where these numbers come from. We're asking Inter to essentially cover the cost, no ones making a profit of the sale of Lukaku now

Greenwood has a good effort blocked. Then not long after sub Garner makes it 2-0 with a great strike :O

2-0 FT. Good first pre season. Energy, pressing, intensity all good throughout. Tuanzebe, James, AWB and especially Gomes were the better performances. Only negative was Matic looks miles off it. Shaw went off injured could be hamstring.

Last edited:
Shaw injury, who is our alternative to him this season? Dalot and Young I guess.

Matic defo needs replacing sooner rather than later. \

Overall solid workout for the lads and good to see Greenwood/James/AWB/Garner etc.

Last edited:
Shaw injury, who is our alternative to him this season? Dalot and Young I guess.

Matic defo needs replacing sooner rather than later. \

Overall solid workout for the lads and good to see Greenwood/James/AWB/Garner etc.
Shaw is ok Ole said after. Just precautionary.

Back