The Manchester United Thread

Not to mention that

1. Maquire has what, 4-5 years left on a brand new contract
2. He has made no indication that he wants to leave

Leicester would be in there rights demand whatever stupid money they want and they have done so because they have held this position since the world cup. For me Newcastle only bumped the needle because AWB but the Maguire situation has been like this since 2018

To be honest N'Didi impressing me the most out of Leicester players lately, seems to be having a great AFCON as well.

Maguire is good but bit underwhelming for the price we shall end up paying. Would prefer Dias for sure but it's better than no one.

Lee O’Connor will be captain for Ireland at the u19s euros this Summer. Chuffed for the lad shame he missed out on the tour though. Expect him to be u23s captain this season if he doesn’t go out on loan.

To be honest N'Didi impressing me the most out of Leicester players lately, seems to be having a great AFCON as well.

Maguire is good but bit underwhelming for the price we shall end up paying. Would prefer Dias for sure but it's better than no one.

Ndidi has been amazing the past 12 months, after the Tielemens transfer Leicester wouldn't even name a price for him, its just a flat out no. They're primed with that midfield for a potential breakout in the EPL

Speaking to a few Portuguese Benfica fans yesterday about Diaz. They all pretty much confirmed it’s way to early for him. He’s super rash and aggressive. And he’s pretty bad at playing out from the back.

Ndidi has been amazing the past 12 months, after the Tielemens transfer Leicester wouldn't even name a price for him, its just a flat out no. They're primed with that midfield for a potential breakout in the EPL

To be honest there is a genuine case to say that Leicester midfield is as good as anything in this league now bar City perhaps.

N'Didi, Tielemans, Maddison.... would love all those here at United. Still a bit annoyed we didn't go for the latter when he only cost £35m.

Hes off to Roma according to Di Marzio. And Newcastle was can do one at that price. Ed gets a lot of stick but see what he has to deal with just because we are Utd.

He will not. If he is after paycheck, spurs can match or even over it easily.
There must be something rotting for this move.
I see him run his contract end and go to ajax or add one year more to Spurs with additional pay.

To be honest there is a genuine case to say that Leicester midfield is as good as anything in this league now bar City perhaps.

N'Didi, Tielemans, Maddison.... would love all those here at United. Still a bit annoyed we didn't go for the latter when he only cost £35m.
All good players but Maddison And Tielemans still have a lot to prove and could still go either way.

He will not. If he is after paycheck, spurs can match or even over it easily.
There must be something rotting for this move.
I see him run his contract end and go to ajax or add one year more to Spurs with additional pay.
Maybe he’s not after just a paycheque maybe he fancies a move to something different and his family might also like the move.

Maddison is still somewhat one dimensions and flaky. Tielemans is a good all rounder, ndidi is excellent.

Maddison is still somewhat one dimensions and flaky. Tielemans is a good all rounder, ndidi is excellent.

Sherkey man, they have increased the price post AWB to Utd to the extent City have baulked. Which from their point of view you can understand as you’ve opened that door. They’re a set of cheeky btards no question but you can’t complain when you create the opportunity for them. Ala Newcastle with Longstaff.

It’s all relative.

That price was that high before AWB. Maguire has been priced that high for a year. They raised it further when city got involved because there might he a bidding war. And that was all before United showed interest in wan bissaka

Fourth signing for the women’s team this Summer. Made some great additions to get ready for the WSL this season.

1f91d.png
We are delighted to confirm @Lionesses goalkeeper @1MaryEarps has joined #MUWomen!

Welcome to the club, Mary
1f601.png

Edit: Make That 5

Last edited:

Leichester will be hard match for every top team i think. Their team is not maybe filled with WC players but have one of the best balanced teams.
Also depends on how Vardy is getting on while being older.

I would say theres a brilliant foundation there. Tielemans price was driven down because his past 18 months have been equal parts good and bad. Whether thats because Monaco have been a mess is up for debate but his loan at Leicester proved theres a quality talent there and its a great piece of business.

Ndidi has all the hallmarks of a giant money move next season. Leicesters actions this window could prove to be the buidling blocks of a great 5 years ahead. Unless Ndidi derails himself this season they either have the next great DM or a giant chunk of change in the bank.

They'll be a tough assignment for every team in the league next season for sure

I would say theres a brilliant foundation there. Tielemans price was driven down because his past 18 months have been equal parts good and bad. Whether thats because Monaco have been a mess is up for debate but his loan at Leicester proved theres a quality talent there and its a great piece of business.

Ndidi has all the hallmarks of a giant money move next season. Leicesters actions this window could prove to be the buidling blocks of a great 5 years ahead. Unless Ndidi derails himself this season they either have the next great DM or a giant chunk of change in the bank.

They'll be a tough assignment for every team in the league next season for sure
Bouhafsi has already reported PSG have a serious interest in Ndidi.

Bouhafsi has already reported PSG have a serious interest in Ndidi.

I mean the sale of Neymar means there is no one they cannot reach but once again like the Maquire thing, Ndidi has a contract until 2024. Leicester have no reason to sell other than for a giant transfer fee and can drag their feet knowing the moneys there and not accepting until they get it.

I don't see it happening this window and if it does Leicester will get their pound of flesh for it

He says a lot of things. Most turn out to be ****.
Tbh Sky Italian have also. But let’s see. Can’t see it this year tbh!

#MUAcademy: we have been drawn in Northern Group H alongside Doncaster Rovers, Rotherham United and Lincoln City in the @EFL_Trophy. #MUFC

Will defo get tickets for these matches as they are all close as I live in Lincolnshire :)

Back