The Manchester United Thread

Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see any of them coming here with Ole in charge.... the attraction to play for us in the Europa League? Maybe if we offer them stupid money then yes, but that kind of kills the point going down this route anyway.
Think the same, CL is a must for them and it might happen somehow you get it. But still Haaland wants first team, will you then sell off Martial?

Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see any of them coming here with Ole in charge.... the attraction to play for us in the Europa League? Maybe if we offer them stupid money then yes, but that kind of kills the point going down this route anyway.
Maybe they want to come here and play for Ole knowing full well they will play first team football be guaranteed starters and can actually see Okecand the club are trying to build something. Of coarse we will over pay nothing new there Utd have always overpayed one way or the other.

By all reports Sancho isn’t happy in Germany and would like a move back to England and be closer to his family. Plus the fact we would of signed him in the summer But Dortmund didn’t want to sell. And Sancho was more than happy to come despite us not being in the CL. Not to mention the fact that 4 of his best buddies play for the club who he is always on holiday with.

Haaland is very keen on the move also and as Daniel Taylor said in his athletic article he would love to play under Ole again who he has a fantastic relationship with and also with his farther and agent. And Riola wouldn’t be an obsticle in negotiations either.

Yes we are not in a fantastic place right now. It it’s not all doom and gloom either. We actually don’t have a bad squad when everyone is fit and available. The football hasnt been great but there’s been flashes of what this team can do under Ole at the same time.

I actually don’t think Oles is doing a to bad job tbh. He’s shifted out most the deadwood. And made 3 very good signings. Yes you could say he left us short but I rather that then waste money on players who doesn’t really want. Just so they can come in and do a job for ridiculously high wages. Then the very good job he’s doing trying to get the talent players from the academy into the first team.

My thoughts have always been since the start of the season. Yes there’s gonna be ups and downs especially with the thinness of the squad and how hugely the average age has dropped and will again next summer. It’s gonna be a case of short term pain for long term gain imo.

? Ole names a youthful XI to face Astana...#MUFC #UEL

Grant, Laird, Tuanzebe, Bernard, Shaw, Garner, Levitt, Gomes, Lingard, Greenwood, Chong

Subs: Kovar, Mengi, Taylor, Galbraith, Puigmal, Ramanzani, Mellor

Genius question. Remember some years ago there has been questions and issues that in FA cups too many youngsters where played etc, basically saying it is not-respecting opponent, fans etc.

Looking at your squad not that fan of it. They have worked hard getting to EL and then home game and this u18 team is facing them....
I understand that the progress has achieved but this is very disrespecting to opponent/competition and even does not show Ole wanting to try something new as he really needs have better tactical set up for first team and more momentum.

Every second comment of the game has been how bad he has been. Is it really like that?

He did absolutely **** all but run like a headless chicken with no end product. He went ahead to miss an open goal to cap off a absymal display.

It's all rather embarrassing but this is just United right now. Trying to paint this positive image about a rebuild when the truth is that most of our youth are simply not good enough and YEARS away from making PL football regularly.

Solskjaer once again seems to be simply riding on this.... it's sad.

Astana are equivalent to about a league one/ two side.... being generous.... Chelsea's youth would wipe the floor with them.

It's all rather embarrassing but this is just United right now. Trying to paint this positive image about a rebuild when the truth is that most of our youth are simply not good enough and YEARS away from making PL football regularly.

Solskjaer once again seems to be simply riding on this.... it's sad.

Astana are equivalent to about a league one/ two side.... being generous.... Chelsea's youth would wipe the floor with them.
Biggest load of bollocks I’ve read in a very long time if your not being sarcastic!

Biggest load of bollocks I’ve read in a very long time!

Explain why? Our only youth players that are close to being ready are Williams and Greenwood. But even those are not near to being at the level where united first team should be at.

If you're happy with mediocrity and playing youth to be entertained then yes it's fine, but personally I want to see us beating teams like Astana convincingly to have any hope that this lot are anywhere near ready.

I did at least learn that Lingard doesn't look out of place with that lot and should probably stay with the youth team.

Explain why? Our only youth players that are close to being ready are Williams and Greenwood. But even those are not near to being at the level where united first team should be at.

If you're happy with mediocrity and playing youth to be entertained then yes it's fine, but personally I want to see us beating teams like Astana convincingly to have any hope that this lot are anywhere near ready.

I did at least learn that Lingard doesn't look out of place with that lot and should probably stay with the youth team.
Your statement about Chelsea’s youth wiping the floor with these is way off the mark. Also expecting these kids nearly all making there first team debuts half way across to China against a team full of experienced grown men internationals who regularly win there league is just delusional. You talk about them being equivalent to league one or league 2 which again is rubbish. Not to mention these same players are beating those teams in the EFL cup.

These lads dominated for 60 mins last night all aspects. If Chong puts us 2-0 up its game over. But as football goes they went up the other end and scored. WOW big shock the lads heads dropped a little and conceded an unlucky deflected goal. After that the lads showed fight pressing for a winner forcing the keeper into 2 worldies. I hype the kids up but jeez your expectations are laughable.

It’s a nothing game we already qualified in and was great learning/experience for the lads. You would be ***** and crying like a baby if we took a decent side and picked up injuries or looked leggy at the weekend.

My lifespan increased by 20% since I put Zz on ignore.
Hope Ole does exactly the same in the last group game to. Especially since the other result last night only sees us needing a draw to top the group.

Thought Levitt and Garner controlled the game well for large parts. Laird was always a danger going forward beating his man and was solid at the back. Gomes showed his quality in spurts but needs to go and play regularly somewhere. Good mins for Tuanzebe and Shaw returning. Shaw should of had 2 assists. Greenwood looked lively and was denied by a worldie

Hope Ole does exactly the same in the last group game to. Especially since the other result last night only sees us needing a draw to top the group.

Thought Levitt and Garner controlled the game well for large parts. Laird was always a danger going forward beating his man and was solid at the back. Gomes showed his quality in spurts but needs to go and play regularly somewhere. Good mins for Tuanzebe and Shaw returning. Shaw should of had 2 assists. Greenwood looked lively and was denied by a worldie

No one is against playing the youth in a game like this, but it's the club and Solskjaer pushing the narrative every time he speaks seemingly that is ******* me off more than anything. They are taking all the fans for mugs, give Ole time, give Ole time - we're back in 1989!

That's fine, but how can we trust any of his vision when he himself is delusional? Look at his comments about Lingard after the game yesterday. He still sees him as like some love child who he can't let go. Just accept that Lingard is not good enough and maybe I can start believing that you're taking the team in some kind of meaningful direction.

Astana are rubbish mate, lets not beat around the bush, some of our youth is decent but that's all they are. Most of them need extended loan spells before being ready for United first team. Any good youth team of yesteryear under Fergie wipes the floor with Astana.

But we're meant to believe that the reason for this season is because the club narrative is that the youth need time, the manager needs time, we're back in 1989.
It's all a load of nonsense though, we know the real reason why this season was down the pan before it started. They didn't invest in crucial areas. So now the season narrative at the start of being in top 4 has turned in to a fairy tale and we're all meant to believe that this was the plan.

Vanjagl will be critical because he can't accept that I just speak honestly.. But he himself never comes up with any reasonable argument for anything so his contribution to this thread is next to nothing, just like his last post and probably every one before it.

P.S. Chelsea's youth probably would wipe the floor with them, as most of them are more experience than ours and would have put that game to bed yesterday. A lot of the youth at Chelsea have had loan spells and got experience, which is exactly what ours should be doing.

Last edited:
You watch to much Utd Stand mate! You sound just like Mark Goldbridge thank **** I block his ***!

Your deluded mate and I’m honestly surprised to say this to you. Nearly all those debutants yesterday were playing u18s football last season. Take out Lingard and Grant and the average age was less than 18 1/2 years. These are good young players that need experience and yesterday was a perfect chance in a nothing game against a decent team of fully grown experienced men. FFS half our fans bleat on all the time about making the jump from youth to first team and how tough it is. Then find it annoying when they struggle a little and it was a little.

You can think it’s a narrative all you want but Ole has been saying this since he was caretaker. So you can hardly say he’s pushing it because we didn’t invest which we clearly did.

Exactly ffs you have just said it yourself *****! Chelsea youth are all older more experienced and had good loans at championship level absolutely non baring Tuanzebe have had that. FFS I honestly can’t believe you expected them to go there and wipe the floor with them...... face palm!

Yes not all of these will make it but if 4/5 over the comings years that’s a great return!