The Manchester United Thread

That could have been so much worse. Now if Fred can keep up the improvement he may not be missed too much.
Yeah better than I first feared. With Pogba and Matic back. Fred being brilliant the last 5/6 weeks and playing consistently. Throw TFM, Garner, Levitt and possibly Gomes IF he signs his new contract we should be fine to manage for 4 weeks if Ole can’t get one of his CM targets. Oh and Periera.

Still legit don't know wtf to make of us right now, I mean we're winning games and in a decent spell of football but it still doesn't feel entirely convincing either.

I'll be very disappointed if we don't make top 4 this season, everyone else is just so ordinary, it feels like a low quality season generally for most teams and if we can't get it this season then something is wrong.

Still legit don't know wtf to make of us right now, I mean we're winning games and in a decent spell of football but it still doesn't feel entirely convincing either.

I'll be very disappointed if we don't make top 4 this season, everyone else is just so ordinary, it feels like a low quality season generally for most teams and if we can't get it this season then something is wrong.
It's a case sometimes of winning ugly even Ferguson's teams did that occasionally. Mind you if they can find a forward who's goals to shots ratio was better (no disrespect to Martial or Rashford) then things would be much more entertaining.

it won’t feel convincing till he feels he has the squad he wants. Let’s be honest most of our fans think our squad is full with players that are Everton level players. But then complain when we are inconsistent and not convincing. Not to mention we have the young average age starting 11 in the league. Get the CM and No10 position sorted with some genuine quality and depth then we will see a better Utd.

Haaland gone to Dortmund
To be honest it's hardly surprising Dortmund can probably offer him more chances in the first team whilst at United he would have been fighting for a place against Rashford/Martial and Greenwood. I think Ole knew that and accepted it when they had talks a few weeks back.

Glad we didn’t give in to Halands demands shows we are learning from past mistakes.

Dont want to be mean, but I dont understand how all should go around United and player coming in is only up to your decision.

It is someones life and playing career you are talking about and some few bucks to Raiola wont make the change, and Dortmund would not offer that much as you could. United is not that hot place to go currently, . He made correct decision, they have amazing atmosphere and good league to play in. Definitely good starting spot for him, not thrown into craziness.

Dont want to be mean, but I dont understand how all should go around United and player coming in is only up to your decision.

It is someones life and playing career you are talking about and some few bucks to Raiola wont make the change, and Dortmund would not offer that much as you could. United is not that hot place to go currently, . He made correct decision, they have amazing atmosphere and good league to play in. Definitely good starting spot for him, not thrown into craziness.
We shouldn’t be taken the **** of either. It’s no denying it’s a good place to go and i hope he does well. But no way should we be agreeing to having buyout clause which he wanted. And his father was asking for stupid amount of sell on fee. **** that ****!

It depends on what Raiola wanted. But have no doubt in mind, Dortmund are in much better position than United right now. In my book Haaland straight up rejected United for Dortmund.

It depends on what Raiola wanted. But have no doubt in mind, Dortmund are in much better position than United right now. In my book Haaland straight up rejected United for Dortmund.
Everyone is reporting we pulled out because his, his farther and Raiola wanted more from us than Dortmund.

Hope he does well there. Will get his and Riola big move in a year or 2 which I’m sure was the plan. That’s why he wanted a buyout clause at Utd.

He probably rejected United because he wanted a stepping stone to either Barcelona or Real, United don't work like that hence the hard ball stance with Pogba over the summer. Dortmund however, are a stepping stone club you only need to look at the players they have sold over the last few seasons to see that.

He probably rejected United because he wanted a stepping stone to either Barcelona or Real, United don't work like that hence the hard ball stance with Pogba over the summer. Dortmund however, are a stepping stone club you only need to look at the players they have sold over the last few seasons to see that.
But sources also told The Telegraph that United's interest in the player cooled when it became clear that any deal would involve a share of potential future sale profits between Haaland's father, Alfie, and advisor Mino Raiola. United would also not accept a demand for Haaland to be given a buyout clause for him to move A from the club later.

Rob Dawson

@RobDawsonESPN
United were interested in Haaland but refused to meet terms of the deal proposed by Raiola and his representatives. Wanted a buyout and percentage of future sale. United said no. Dortmund have agreed.

Mark Ogden

@MarkOgden_
Dortmund win Haaland race after Man Utd refuse to agree to buyout clause and slice of future sale fee https://www.espn.co.uk/football

I belive Dortmund also do not add clauses anymore into their players. This will be seen in future if he has some release claues or not. Also considering Buying Haaland with release clause cheape, all surrounding people wanted more money anyway

I Dont understand the fuss about signing Haaland. Yes, he looks like an excellent striker in the making but is he any better than Greenwood whos development he would block. If you're gonna go for a striker go for a player in his prime that won't block Greenwood's chances because that kid will be a special player.

Edit: Raul Jimenez is a quality player in his prime who reminds me of Firmino the way he drops into the space between mid and defence and links up play effectively.Works his ****** socks off and gets goals. He would be a great option upfront with Rashford and another right winger.

Last edited:
I belive Dortmund also do not add clauses anymore into their players. This will be seen in future if he has some release claues or not. Also considering Buying Haaland with release clause cheape, all surrounding people wanted more money anyway
Bild, Di Marzio have both said Dortmund have agreed to the clause. In the region of around 50m euros.

No surprise tbh with Riola involved did exactly the same with De Ligt and his clause he has at Juve.

I Dont understand the fuss about signing Haaland. Yes, he looks like an excellent striker in the making but is he any better than Greenwood whos development he would block. If you're gonna go for a striker go for a player in his prime that won't block Greenwood's chances because that kid will be a special player.

Edit: Raul Jimenez is a quality player in his prime who reminds me of Firmino the way he drops into the space between mid and defence and links up play effectively.Works his ****** socks off and gets goals. He would be a great option upfront with Rashford and another right winger.
Would of been happy if we did but certainly wasn’t a priority like AM/CM/RW