The Manchester United Thread

Simon Stone@sistoney67

Bruno Fernandes ⁦@ManUtd⁩ target. They still hope to do the deal. But not at 80m Euros. Sporting risk them looking elsewhere after changing deal.

Sporting being ***** again just like in the summer. Which forced us and Spurs to walk away due to them raising there prices after initially agreeing a fee. See who gives first and I bet it won’t be us an rightly so.

..... And Fernandes was no longer a top target we was interested in.

Which all then plays into robbos point on Woodward and a no plan, shockingly bad recruitment policy.

If he was no longer a target (hard to believe unless we’re being naive), then regardless of whatever reason he suddenly is again, it’s his classic MO.

Hes reactionary, scattergun and often for a high profile name. The plan isn’t there.

Which all then plays into robbos point on Woodward and a n ok plan, shockingly bad recruitment policy.

If he was no longer a target (hard to believe unless we’re being naive), then regardless of whatever reason he suddenly is again, it’s his classic MO.

Hes reactionary, scattergun and often for a high profile name. The plan isn’t there.
I said in the post you quoted he was no longer a TOP target. And stated on numerous occasions the reasons we have decided to make a move having been offered him

Which just reinforces how reactionary he is on recruitment.
Why wouldn’t he react to a past target he and the manager agreed on in our current situation and at a lower fee. Especially with Ole signing off on it.
The player wants the move. We need a good CM in this window. And we ain’t getting Maddison, Grealish, Saul or Beek in Jan.

Why wouldn’t he react to a past target he and the manager agreed on in our current situation and at a lower fee. Especially with Ole signing off on it.
The player wants the move. We need a good CM in this window. And we ain’t getting Maddison, Grealish, Saul or Beek in Jan.

Mate, you’re either being really naive or just defensive about him as you’ve been to zz, robbo and others over this.

Utd patently want him. Bad. That’s not changed since last summer. The fee was deemed too high last summer. (With no genuine indication it came down significantly this window to any great degree to change that.).

Any competent, pro-active guy in Woodward’s position would have been working on the main target (let’s not pretend otherwise), the past 5 months with Sporting to be ready for January. But you don’t have a football guy in that position who can make those club connections to negotiatebefore hand.

Even taking every rumour at face value, as you are, you’re describing a reactionary guy with no solid recruitment plan. He’s not our top want (even though everything points that way through two windows) but he’s been offered so let’s talk. That’s why the squad continues to be built so poorly.

Last edited:
Mate, you’re either being really naive or just defensive about him as you’ve been to zz, robbo and others over this.

Utd patently want him. Bad. That’s not changed since last summer. The fee was deemed too high last summer. (With no genuine indication it came down significantly this window to any great degree to change that.).

Any competent, pro-active guy in Woodward’s position would have been working on the main target (let’s not pretend otherwise), the past 5 months with Sporting to be ready for January. But you don’t have a football guy in that position who can make those club connections to negotiatebefore hand.

Even taking every rumour at face value, as you are, you’re describing a reactionary guy with no solid recruitment plan. He’s not our top want (even though everything points that way through two windows) but he’s been offered so let’s talk. That’s why the squad continues to built so poorly.
It was well reported yesterday that we agreed 43m upfront with 17m add ons. They wanted 60m upfront in the summer going to 75m that a big difference if you ask me.

He’s not the main target it’s well reported that Maddison or Grealish are. We won’t get them this window. We wouldn’t of even gone for Fernandes this window if Pogba and Mctominay were not injured. Like I said circumstances have changed to numerous factors. I’m not being defensive or anything else.

Shame that you are not trying Olmo also, if he goes for 30mil, that is huge steal.

Sound ToD mate,

You’re gonna argue whites black here as you have with anyone else questioning him so I‘l leave you to be, as I read you, blissfully naive. (17 million in add-ons, pushing 30% of the alleged fee, cracks me up the more I read it.And all for a fella with a reported 100 million release clause let’s not forget his new deal. That’s nearly as mad as what Barcelona proposed for Coutinho before they got laughed out of town.

The generous Bank of Sporting. ???.

Anyone buying that nonsense has been playing WAY too much FM.).

Sound ToD mate,

You’re gonna argue whites black here as you have with anyone else questioning him so I‘l leave you to be, as I read you, blissfully naive. (17 million in add-ons, pushing 30% of the alleged fee, cracks me up the more I read it.And all for a fella with a reported 100 million release clause let’s not forget his new deal. That’s nearly as mad as what Barcelona proposed for Coutinho before they got laughed out of town.

The generous Bank of Sporting. ???).
Sounds good ?? I don’t have a problem with people questioning him. Have done enough myself while saying he should not be near the footballing side. If people want to question anybody about how long deals take etc then they should be pointing the finger at chief negotiator Matt Judge another man that should be know where near the footballing side of things. Most likely employed by Woody due to be ex mates in Uni or Whatever it was.

Good talk.

It was well reported yesterday that we agreed 43m upfront with 17m add ons. They wanted 60m upfront in the summer going to 75m that a big difference if you ask me.

He’s not the main target it’s well reported that Maddison or Grealish are. We won’t get them this window. We wouldn’t of even gone for Fernandes this window if Pogba and Mctominay were not injured. Like I said circumstances have changed to numerous factors. I’m not being defensive or anything else.
As you keep saying its "reported" our top targets are Maddison and Grealish. So basically you know **** all but are repeating it as fact, and the Journalists "reporting" it know **** all either. Its all guess work. How does anybody know that when Ole handed Woodward his list of targets it didnt have BRUNO FERNANDES in big capital letters at the top?

As you keep saying its "reported" our top targets are Maddison and Grealish. So basically you know **** all but are repeating it as fact, and the Journalists "reporting" it know **** all either. Its all guess work. How does anybody know that when Ole handed Woodward his list of targets it didnt have BRUNO FERNANDES in big capital letters at the top?
Don’t get angry mate. Want a tissue or a teddy lol . That’s fine you chose who to believe or not no problem. It’s funny though when you take anything reported bad about the club/Edwood by said reported you lose your **** ??‍♂️