The Manchester United Thread

Oh and this Fernandes thing, is just united cocking up another deal then briefing the press trying to save face. They haven't doubled their price at all, it doesn't even make sense either.

We were supposedly willing to pay £42m + £17m add ons... you're telling me they now want £100m effectively? Right, no.
No one knows what’s going on tbh.

Apparently the reason we didn't sign Halland is because we wanted 100% conrol of his image rights... ffs wouldn't surprise me.
the main reason was the buy out clause Riola and his agent wanted in the deal which Dortmund agreed to. But image rights and fees to his farther also played a part also

the main reason was the buy out clause Riola and his agent wanted in the deal which Dortmund agreed to. But image rights and fees to his farther also played a part also

Raiola is a **** tbf, but really feel we could have done with him. Poor old Ole let out to dry.

Raiola is a **** tbf, but really feel we could have done with him. Poor old Ole let out to dry.
Ole clearly wanted him. But I agree with the club for not agreeing to have a buyout clause tbh. We would just be where we are now with Pogba in 2 seasons time with Haaland

More news in that Rashford might be out for season with back injury. Dont know how much weight these rumors hold but seems to miss today's game.

More news in that Rashford might be out for season with back injury. Dont know how much weight these rumors hold but seems to miss today's game.
I’ve seen the mirror and the Sun reporting it. Robson of the MEN saying he’s just out of todays match. If true he’s out that’s a major blow. Apart from going in the market. Would have to switch James to LW which is were he’s played his best football for us. Then it’s gonna have to be Mata, Greenwood for the RW rotating. With Chong likely getting more squad mins.

Really wouldnt surprise me. Adds another theory to Bruno not being done anyway. Funds for 1 player and now need to replace Rashford so we've pulled and blaming Sporting for doubling the price to save face lol.

A lot of reports this morning saying this morning that Utd still want Fernandes, Soumaré and Bellingham the latter going back on a 18 month loan. Will see. Reports in Portugal saying clubs will be willing to meet In the middle. I’m sure there’s more than funds available for one player.

Luckhurst saying Rashford not at the Lowry. But can’t confirm the Rashford our till the end of the season rumours.

Think if Rashford is out that's our season done.... just can't see how that thread bare midfield and attack will cope with the fixture of games coming up. Especially if we don't at least sign one or two players which at the moment... looks more likely.

Want to be positive about today but without Rashford... this game becomes a lot more difficult than it already was of course.

Think if Rashford is out that's our season done.... just can't see how that thread bare midfield and attack will cope with the fixture of games coming up. Especially if we don't at least sign one or two players which at the moment... looks more likely.

Want to be positive about today but without Rashford... this game becomes a lot more difficult than it already was of course.
Likely go 532. Just hope it Williams and not Shaw. And would have Mata behind James and Martial least he can keep the ball under pressure and has some composure on the ball. Third CB would be Bailly for me.

Utds women currently 3-0 up against Spurs. Goals from Sigsworth and 2 from Zelem a peno and a great free kick

Just read something about Haaland's hat-trick yesterday. Surely it's bollocks? Apparently it doesn't count as a hat-trick in Germany. For it to count you have to score all 3 goals in one half (which he did) but also score them consecutively. As Sancho scored after his first goal it broke the run of 3 in a row so it's not a hat-trick. What a load of ****

Just read something about Haaland's hat-trick yesterday. Surely it's bollocks? Apparently it doesn't count as a hat-trick in Germany. For it to count you have to score all 3 goals in one half (which he did) but also score them consecutively. As Sancho scored after his first goal it broke the run of 3 in a row so it's not a hat-trick. What a load of ****

Did Woodward tweet that per chance?

Apparently the reason we didn't sign Halland is because we wanted 100% conrol of his image rights... ffs wouldn't surprise me.
I feel the main reason was that €50 million release clause Raiola was demanding. I mean, that's nothing in today market and would weaken our hand alot if other top clubs come for him.