The Manchester United Thread

Jude Bellingham what a talant. Been superb again for Birmingham getting on the score sheet. At 16 his level can be anything!

Some good read.

Was only on the pitch 23 minutes as well. 3 minutes to score his first and 20 mintes for the hat-trick. Missed out big time there with him.

You have to feel for Greenwood and the pressure being heaped on him so soon to be Utds saviour. And in a real poor side to boot. Invariably the first one off the bench to save games if he’s not starting. Where as he should still be developing the 23s and being slowly introduced. Or out on loan somewhere getting a first taste of pro-football.

Terrible squad mismanagement from Solksjaer and those above him who’ve put it together.

It’s nearly as bad as when Rafa went into a season with N’gog as the only other striker to Torres. Then Torres got injured early and this raw, naive kid is leading the line.

Was only on the pitch 23 minutes as well. 3 minutes to score his first and 20 mintes for the hat-trick. Missed out big time there with him.
Yeah. Made a good choice for his development. Will move in a couple of years and have his choice of where to go.

You have to feel for Greenwood and the pressure being heaped on him so soon to be Utds saviour. And in a real poor side to boot. Invariably the first one off the bench to save games if he’s not starting. Where as he should still be developing the 23s and being slowly introduced. Or out on loan somewhere getting a first taste of pro-football.

Terrible squad mismanagement from Solksjaer and those above him who’ve put it together.

It’s nearly as bad as when Rafa went into a season with N’gog as the only other striker to Torres. Then Torres got injured early and this raw, naive kid is leading the line.
Agree mate. Should of got a Mandzukic, Giroud or someone of that Ilk in to gives us that option and help to not rely on him to come of and save games. Fair play to the lad though he’s taking it all in his stride and showing his undoubted talent at the top level. Ole made his bed with the youth route and can’t complain if it doesn’t pan out come the end of the season and massively fails.

Agree mate. Should of got a Mandzukic, Giroud or someone of that Ilk in to gives us that option and help to not rely on him to come of and save games. Fair play to the lad though he’s taking it all in his stride and showing his undoubted talent at the top level. Ole made his bed with the youth route and can’t complain if it doesn’t pan out come the end of the season and massively fails.

Exactly.

He was one of the kids I was referring to the other week when I got madly accused of talking B/S from someone in here for saying Solksjaer's over-playing the kids.

I really like the prospects of Greenwood FWIW. (And Williams has been Utd's best player by far when I've seen you recently. Although what that say's about the senior pro's is another thing again.). Not just what he's flashed the first team either. Mason's really stood out as the one Utd player you thought had the difference-making ability to properly cut it at the top level the last couple of years the youth games against us.

One thing Solsjaer does seem good at is being clever in playing to the fans emotions with things like keeping a smaller squad and pushing the kids/ Utd way line/ timely saying the right things this week playing to the gallery about knowing how to play against L'pool/ there being no way Utd will go 30 years between titles again et al.

But he's made his bed now with the youth gamble so good or bad, it'll play out for him as he wants. As you said.

Well in the never ending Fernandes story lol. SSN are saying talks have stalled atm after Sporting doubles there valuation in the last 24hrs. Ducker and Castles saying the player is angry having already agreed personal terms. And Simon Stoney is saying he still expects the deal to happen.

Well wasn’t expecting that from Newcastle

Even if we get a point then at least it's something. Does take a bit f pressure away though knowing Chelsea are only 5 points no matter the result though.

This is why I consistently say, if Ole can't get top 4 this season... when will he? This is the best chance we'll ever have, yeah we're not great quality wise, but neither is anyone else around those outer top 4 spots.

Oh and this Fernandes thing, is just united cocking up another deal then briefing the press trying to save face. They haven't doubled their price at all, it doesn't even make sense either.

We were supposedly willing to pay £42m + £17m add ons... you're telling me they now want £100m effectively? Right, no.