The Manchester United Thread

10:04
Different approach in the transfer market?
We’ve got players here that we’re working hard to get back as well and if there is something out there then the club is pursuing that and it’s difficult.
I can’t remember how many good ones we’ve brought in and good deals in January.
Henrik was good, Nemanja and Patrice, I’m talking about it’s hard, very hard, the clubs don’t wanna lose their best players. Alexis will come back in the summer and will prove us all wrong.

10:04
Marcos Rojo leaving?
I wouldn’t think so, Marcos has been injured and is working to get back and get fit again.

10:05
Pogba and McTominay injury latest
It’s hard to put timescales on long-term injuries because they also need the training before injury free and need to be fitter. Paul’s had his cast off and Scott took his brace off so at least they can now start doing some work on the grass.

Ive just been reading you beat us to the signing of Augustin from RB Leipzig
A case of better planning on the transfer front by Leeds. From the sounds of it the transfer was more or less done before Man Utd tried to hijack the deal. Last minute dot com or haggle then give in to demands is the current Transfer policy for Woody.

Another ******* shambles of a window by United, listening to Solskjaer's excuses for those above him in that press conference was ****** both embarrassing and infuriating. But a part of me feels for him because he deserved at least one signing this window.

I hope this gives fans even more of a reason to walk out, protest and do whatever else to get these ****** clowns out.

Lowering expectations for the summer transfer window already with Sanchez returning, it's like a new signing!!! Csn't believe Solsjjaer said Sanchez returning will prove us all wrong. He has just shown us and our ambition as our club in plain vision for everyone to see.

Antero took Neymar to PSG. Could this mean a change in Man Utd's transfers philosophy ?(if there was ever one).

Antero took Neymar to PSG. Could this mean a change in Man Utd's transfers philosophy ?(if there was ever one).

****** hope we don't go back to that again, after the calamity of the last 7 years signing supposed world-class established players like Di Maria, Falcao, Ibra, Schweinsteiger etc etc.

In fact this Antero guy would suit us..... dodgy racist crook according to many PSG fans who hated him. Racially abused Moura as well apparently but not 100% sure if that\s true.

We should have just signed Rangnick, I have no idea what we are playing at if we go with him.

****** hope we don't go back to that again, after the calamity of the last 7 years signing supposed world-class established players like Di Maria, Falcao, Ibra, Schweinsteiger etc etc.

In fact this Antero guy would suit us..... dodgy racist crook according to many PSG fans who hated him. Racially abused Moura as well apparently but not 100% sure if that\s true.

We should have just signed Rangnick, I have no idea what we are playing at if we go with him.
Holy ****, i had no idea.

... In fact this Antero guy would suit us..... dodgy racist crook according to many PSG fans who hated him. Racially abused Moura as well apparently but not 100% sure if that\s true.

Sounds a belter fella'.

With him and the ex-S*n journo advising Utd on PR, what could possibly go wrong on that front?

Lowering expectations for the summer transfer window already with Sanchez returning, it's like a new signing!!! Csn't believe Solsjjaer said Sanchez returning will prove us all wrong. He has just shown us and our ambition as our club in plain vision for everyone to see.
Yeah that was a bit baffling. But they twisted what he said having watched it. He said could prove us wrong. Still expect him gone in the summer.

Antero Henrique might have been hit and miss at PSG but could be a success at United like he was at Porto in his native Portugal. His work at Porto was very impressive according to reports and he was at the club for 26 years working various roles until he was made the Sporting Director. He also oversaw the work that made Porto European Champions in 2004 along with Mourinho. He is also someone with a vast network of contacts around the world according to reports and was described by Nasser El Khelafi as among the finest Sporting directors in the game when he was appointed at PSG. Below are a couple of articles written by PSG correspondents before he was given the PSG role.

Antero Henrique: Portrait of a self-made man

Henrique's extensive global scouting network at Porto enabled him to unearth gems such as Radamel Falcao, James Rodriguez, Hulk and Jackson Martinez and he is widely recognised as the man behind Porto's impressive structure during their strongest period in recent history.

And Mbappe. Would rather he go the route of his Porto days
Don't know if it's still possible to do it when Real Madrid are buying 17 years old brazilians who barely made It to the First team for 30 million. The market has change dramatically, and it looks to me like Benfica and Porto are struggling to adapt.

Nevertheless, Porto was a remarkable work indeed.

Don't know if it's still possible to do it when Real Madrid are buying 17 years old brazilians who barely made It to the First team for 30 million. The market has change dramatically, and it looks to me like Benfica and Porto are struggling to adapt.

Nevertheless, Porto was a remarkable work indeed.
Porto fans all pretty much agree it completely fell to **** once he lift

Hold up, why do you class zlatan in the same category tho? The dude's goals won us a couple of trophies

Woodward's reactionary, scattergun approach to recruitment is mad but he's got NOTHING on Barcelona's transfer policy. Which now includes signing players to use as bait to get other players.

Wild approach.