The Manchester United Thread

A few reports saying Utd are already pushing hard for targets in February to be done early in the summer. Really hope this is true but will see in time! Grealish, Sancho are Utds 2 main targets. And have cooled there interest in Maddison after receiving positive signs regarding Grealish.

So if it comes to one or the other, would you have Grealish or Maddison?

Personally I lean more in the Maddison camp.

So if it comes to one or the other, would you have Grealish or Maddison?

Personally I lean more in the Maddison camp.
Been far more impressed with Grealish this season than Maddison. And the former will be about half the price. Still like Maddison though.

May not have a warchest to spend in the summer, either. Sigh.
Don’t worry we will spend and sell like we do every summer. Don’t expect anymore than 3 good signings and then a few youth players to bring through. That’s clearly the model now and has been for the last few Windows.

With Rojo, Smalling, Sanchez, CBJ, Mata, Grant, Joel all leaving and possibly Matic and Pogba. The funds will be there to get Ole 3 players no problem. Wages won’t be an issue either as since Ole has taken over it’s gone down by about 11%. Even if Pogba does decide to stay we will still get our targets in the market no worries.

Brugge presser:

Team news
We had a couple of knocks in training, but all will be okay. 25-man outfield squad so a good session., We are looking stronger.

Fosu Mensah and Tuanzebe close?
They are getting close to play in the next reserve match or behind closed doors match. We need them to play in that kind of game before they can make a first team appearance.

Solskjaer's birthday plans
It will be my youngest [son's] training in the academy tonight so I will watch him. Then some Champions League games tonight.

Shaw on Solskjaer impact
He has been unbelievable and has brought a smile on our faces. Of course you see with him, he has been brilliant and the lads are really enjoying it, more so now we are getting better results. We have got an important second half of the season, Ole has been great and we all enjoy working under him.

'Bruno is x-factor'
We feel we've added some x factor quality with Bruno. Anthony coming back, he was out for a couple of months, means he’s getting used to the no.9 position.

Scott has developed but Nemanja and Fred have done well. The addition of Bruno gives us a bit of a different flavour. He likes to play forward passes and take risks, which a Man United player should do.

What Solskjaer wants from his players
You can blossom more with confidence, and speaking to the manager, getting them free. You want them to be free. Play with courage, bravery and you want bit of fear in you. It is a fine balance between arrogance, confident, humble.

Brugge missing three key players
We need to play against 11 players, so it might change. If Vormer and Dennis are injured it does something to them. I know Diata is back in, he is the most exciting player. He is fit I understand, he might be a handful for Luke.

Only PSG have more clean sheets than United in Europe's top leagues...
It’s the work we do on the pitch and the quality of the players we’ve got - and perhaps at times a bit of luck, margins.

We did sign Aaron and Harry in the transfer market for big sums of money, but they were worth it as we want a foundation to build from.

We’re not happy winning games 1-0, we want to be attacking, but the coaching has been fantastic, absolutely incredible and the application of the boys, adapting between a back three and back four. It’s that work that’s been done.”

Shaw on United ambitions this season
We are still in two cup competitions and the league is still a very high priority. we have got a good chance to get in the top four and we have a very good chance in both cup competitions. We want to win all of them.

Brugge presser:

Only PSG have more clean sheets than United in Europe's top leagues...

Uhmmmm ...... < Points to the other end of the East Lancs and waves.

How hard is it for a journalist to actually research a question before they throw complete lies out there?

Don’t worry we will spend and sell like we do every summer. Don’t expect anymore than 3 good signings and then a few youth players to bring through. That’s clearly the model now and has been for the last few Windows.

With Rojo, Smalling, Sanchez, CBJ, Mata, Grant, Joel all leaving and possibly Matic and Pogba. The funds will be there to get Ole 3 players no problem. Wages won’t be an issue either as since Ole has taken over it’s gone down by about 11%. Even if Pogba does decide to stay we will still get our targets in the market no worries.
No way Matic leaves. And between those 5-6 players you can get max 50m. But wages should be amazing after that clear out. I personally would be happy with 2 new signings, three would be amazing. Winger and a defensive midfielder. Or a winger and a backup striker. Or a winger and LB. Basically winger + anything.

No way Matic leaves. And between those 5-6 players you can get max 50m. But wages should be amazing after that clear out. I personally would be happy with 2 new signings, three would be amazing. Winger and a defensive midfielder. Or a winger and a backup striker. Or a winger and LB. Basically winger + anything.
Winger and CM/DM and a STR are my priorities. I know it’s asking a lot but I really want Pogba to knuckle down and stay. Also only mentioned Matic leaving as reports suggested he wasn’t gonna be happy with the limited mins with the extension we offered like Young

Starting 11- Romero, AWB, Bailly, Maguire, Shaw, Mctominey, Fred, Mata, James, Ighalo.

Subs- DDG, Lindelöf, Matic, Williams, Chong, Greenwood, Lingard

Was there ever a player so weak on the ball like James? Even the slightest of contacts makes him go unbalanced. Mata and Fred are just as "small" as he is, but they have much better balance.

What he heck was that VAR check? It was so obvious its a pen and a red. Two seconds of thinking was two seconds more than enough to call that.

Great ball by McTom, and good run by James. Shame about the finish, he really needs a goal for his confidence.

First of many for Ighalo. Great goal. Also, what a ******* player Bruno is.