The Manchester United Thread

Job done! Huge win. 19 unbeaten. Rashford, Martial, DDG were great. TFM was solid. Another Fernandes assist. Now rest everyone!

Team against Chelsea

Romero
TFM-Mengi-Bailly-Dalot
Fred-Mctominey
James-Mata-Lingard
Ighalo

DDG, Laird, Chong, Garner, Levitt, Mejbri, Lindelöf, Rashford, Martial on the bench

Team against Chelsea

Romero
TFM-Mengi-Bailly-Dalot
Fred-Mctominey
James-Mata-Lingard
Ighalo

DDG, Laird, Chong, Garner, Levitt, Mejbri, Lindelöf, Rashford, Martial on the bench

I've got a bad feeling that Ole will go strong for it though... he really wants a trophy.

I've got a bad feeling that Ole will go strong for it though... he really wants a trophy.
I don’t think Chelsea or Lamps will go strong. Even the team I put out tbh is heavy rotation but a lot of those featured in our wins against the big teams this season. Be disappointed if he goes full strength because WHU will be more rested.

Fosu-Mensah: "Comfortable is a big word but I’ve played there [left-back] before. I think I came on against Arsenal as a left-back, I can play in a lot of different positions." #mulive [mutv]

Encouraging return considering it was his first game for about 16 months. Ok except for a few overlaps in the second half he didn’t offer much going forward but was very good defensively. Can see him being a good O’Shea type squad player.

At this point in time do performances actually really matter as long as the team win. Ole is no doubt very aware of the situation in terms of player's tiredness and is managing the situation the best the coaching team can. At least there is still something to play for which will keep the squad focussed, and who would have honestly have thought that would have been the case way back in January.

At this point in time do performances actually really matter as long as the team win. Ole is no doubt very aware of the situation in terms of player's tiredness and is managing the situation the best the coaching team can. At least there is still something to play for which will keep the squad focussed, and who would have honestly have thought that would have been the case way back in January.
Not too worried about not creating enough. Squad is good enough to score 2 past almost anybody. I'm worried about defending. Last 2 games were horrid defensively and against LC United were fortunate to not concede at least one. And Uniteds playing from the back is mediocre at the moment. Needs much better movement in front of them and some 'easy' passes. They are too flashy for me with all those d i n k s (why is this censured lol) and spin passes.

Another problem is the slow starts.... Palace... Southampton... Sheff Utd (first 5-10 especially), Villa etc.

We need to start games better, Ole says this team is the fittest they have ever been... so there must be another reason for the slow starts, which must be a mentality issue at this point.

Hopefully we can get through Chelsea with plenty of changes and then on to West Ham.

Need to get these 3 next games out the way undefeated anyway we can. Then after that a small break between the Europe and the FA cup final if we get through

Is there a more in form STR in Europe atm than Martial? He’s turning if not already into a genuine WC STR