The Manchester United Thread

I don't wanna be hearing this tiredness stuff either, if Ole had anything about him as a motivator he'd have put a fire under them for this and he can use 5 subs, does he not know this?

I genuinely still don't know our style of play or what ole wants us to do. At times we looked like a Jose team tonight.

I was not a fan of LVG, but at least we knew what we were. I just wanna see some style, tempo and i hate saying it, but Pep, Klopp and even Bielsa they all have give their clubs a clear identity.

We've found our new ZZ! ?

We've found our new ZZ! ?

please enlighten me, at times i think we're trying to be a possession based team and then other times we're trying to counter everyone and then other times we just look lost when attacking with zero tempo.

When Ole arrived we didn't really have the defenders or midfielders to play an expansive passing game, so I think he decided to settle for making us solid defensively, with Maguire helping us to play out from the back. We initially seemed content to be compact and quick on the counter-attack, which worked against the top sides but left us short against mediocre opponents, hence all the dropped points.

Since signing Bruno - and Pogba's return - we've started to solve this problem and clearly play more attractive, fluid football when everyone is 100%. The problem is, we've got a good first 11 and a to much of mediocrity backing it up. So our solution has been undone by an overall lack of quality.

Unless you've not been watching since February, this team is more than capable of playing coherent, quality football. Ole just doesn't have faith in the likes of Lingard, Mata, Dalot, Pereira. And he's probably right about the majority of them.

We just need to fight our way through 1 more game before making moves in the market to unburden ourselves from the usual underwhelming suspects. Then we'll see more good football, more regularly.

When Ole arrived we didn't really have the defenders or midfielders to play an expansive passing game, so I think he decided to settle for making us solid defensively, with Maguire helping us to play out from the back. We initially seemed content to be compact and quick on the counter-attack, which worked against the top sides but left us short against mediocre opponents, hence all the dropped points.

Since signing Bruno - and Pogba's return - we've started to solve this problem and clearly play more attractive, fluid football when everyone is 100%. The problem is, we've got a good first 11 and a ton of mediocrity backing it up. So our solution has been undone by an overall lack of quality.

Unless you've not been watching since February, this team is more than capable of playing coherent, quality football. Ole just doesn't have faith in the likes of Lingard, Mata, Dalot, Pereira. And he's probably right about the majority of them.

We just need to fight our way through 2 more games before making moves in the market to unburden ourselves from the usual underwhelming suspects. Then we'll see more good football, more regularly.

I think so many fans overrate players we have and don't realise how much quality we need. If we seriously wanna catch Liverpool or compete, I'd change 4-5 players from that 11 today with legit quality and we're talking the likes of Saul, Sancho etc here, we need genuine class.

I think so many fans overrate players we have and don't realise how much quality we need. If we seriously wanna catch Liverpool or compete, I'd change 4-5 players from that 11 today with legit quality and we're talking the likes of Saul, Sancho etc here, we need genuine class.
Na don’t agree. Put Sancho in that starting 11. With the general progression from the young players we potentialy beat any team in the league. What our problem is is depth. It simply isn’t there. Especially in the CM and attacking position.

please enlighten me, at times i think we're trying to be a possession based team and then other times we're trying to counter everyone and then other times we just look lost when attacking with zero tempo.

Again, it's a byproduct of fatigue. OGS generally has us playing attacking football. He sits and counters depending on the strength of the opposition (to which, he switches to 3 at the back).

I raised concerns about how many minutes the starting XI were accumulating within a short period of time and those concerns have indeed manifested. Bruno has played 4 games in 11 days (90+mins in 3 of those games and got subbed of in the 86th minute vs Southampton). These players need rest but we can't afford to rest them with what's at stake. OGS, again, takes some blame for his gamble against Chelsea.

Again, it's a byproduct of fatigue. OGS generally has us playing attacking football. He sits and counters depending on the strength of the opposition (to which, he switches to 3 at the back).

I raised concerns about how many minutes the starting XI were accumulating within a short period of time and those concerns have indeed manifested. Bruno has played 4 games in 11 days (90+mins in 3 of those games and got subbed of in the 86th minute vs Southampton). These players need rest but we can't afford to rest them with what's at stake. OGS, again, takes some blame for his gamble against Chelsea.
This is my main gripe. Needs to use the squad more. Hopefully when he gets a few more players in he trusts to rest some of the bigger players we will see it. Hopefully when the season starts again and we get back to some sort of norm schedule it will be better all around.

Na don’t agree. Put Sancho in that starting 11. With the general progression from the young players we potentialy beat any team in the league. What our problem is is depth. It simply isn’t there. Especially in the CM and attacking position.

I don't think a team with Matic at CDM and that back 4 can get anywhere near winning the league. I see fans hyping up this team and this group of players, i'm not sure many would get close to the 2013 team which was our worst ever title winning side, and those are the standards we need to try and reach again.

Could of definitely used Ighalo more in this run in. Clearly Periera, Lingard don’t seem to be in his plans same for Dalot.

Could of definitely used Ighalo more in this run in. Clearly Periera, Lingard don’t seem to be in his plans same for Dalot.

I don't understand why Mctominay never featured tonight, Matic was useless and offered nothing but give away countless fouls.

I don't think a team with Matic at CDM and that back 4 can get anywhere near winning the league. I see fans hyping up this team and this group of players, i'm not sure many would get close to the 2013 team which was our worst ever title winning side, and those are the standards we need to try and reach again.
It can if used properly. Matic is still top class but because of the stakes atm Ole can’t really afford to rest him. And the form of Fred/Mctominey since the restart hasn’t helped. We definitely need a good partner for Maguire to compliment him.

There’s a lot of quality in this young side that’s not even close to its full potential yet and it’s quite rightly got praise from many cornersin football since the new year.

Get Sancho and one of Grealish and VDB. then you can start rotating players like Rashford, Bruno, Martial, Sancho, Pogba with the like of Greenwood, Grealish, VDB instead of Mata, Periera, Lingard. Recruitment will be key this summer.

On an insignificantly more positive note, we get 4 days to rest before Leicester...may not be much but it's still better than 3...

On an insignificantly more positive note, we get 4 days to rest before Leicester...may not be much but it's still better than 3...
Yeah will help a little. Chelsea look absolutely shot also tonight and this result could really deflate them going into Wolves on Sunday who will be well rested and well up for it

Yeah will help a little. Chelsea look absolutely shot also tonight and this result could really deflate them going into Wolves on Sunday who will be well rested and well up for it

I'll wage anything you want however this game ends it won't make a jot of difference to Chelsea Sunday.