The Manchester United Thread

Okay, Mastour is nostalgic. I remember signing him on one of the earlier FMs when he was the rage. Mad to think it was such a long time ago, and he is still 22. I believe Gomes will turn out better, atleast, I hope so.

All the hype and didn't do anything at Milan. Loaned out a load and did nothing at those clubs, now in Serie C :rolleyes:

Dont think the buy back clause is so cut and try as media is saying, Lewy would not see it be a loss to a club. If this kind of singing can help you push to top 4, then you would not do it? Push for better place is risk worth it with a player who improves that positsion so much, even if there is SOME possibility that he leaves in 2 years time. Ultimatly you have also have some money moving around if the club needs to clear some books. Ofcourse there is danger of player not working out or a dressing room problem, but lets face it that can happen with any player as we have seen time to time. Bascially loan move where money is moving around and there might be change that the players stays.

Also I understand Mou tactics and the perspetion he has in this forum, but dont make him sound like complete fool sunday leage manager, who could not change tactics if right players are coming in.

Regarding Kane. I really hope Lo Celso could take more the place of nr10 role when he comes back, to give Kane more movement up top, not droping down all the time. He played really well after the reset and team seemed better with him on the pitch. All are talking about Kane drop off, but I think Alli drop has been more bigger and constant already from Poch time.
Spurs is not getting top 4 ??

Glad to see people coming back!
It is start of season and transfer window is open, you can imagine what is the vibe :D

Not played FM in so long and now have a 10 month old kid so I don't see myself getting on it any time soon!

Hoping to see big things from Greenwood this season

Hello guys!

Not been on in a while, how are we all?

I see Angel Gomes has been loaned out to Boavista, can see him turning out like Mastour unless he really pulls his finger out
Hi mate. Yeah shame about Gomes leaving the club permanently. Badly advised by his reps. Don’t think will hear much of him now. Will be loan after loan after loan. Then will be in his mid 20s floating around a lower league somewhere before he knows it.

Not played FM in so long and now have a 10 month old kid so I don't see myself getting on it any time soon!

Hoping to see big things from Greenwood this season
Just started a new busby babes save to keep me going till this year one comes out. But before that must of been 6 months since I played. Congrats on the baby ??

Just started a new busby babes save to keep me going till this year one comes out. But before that must of been 6 months since I played. Congrats on the baby ??

Seen a few databases floating about with old players in, reminded me of plating the old Championship manager games. Kind of made me want to play but I know I wont have any time. Thanks ToD!

Seen a few databases floating about with old players in, reminded me of plating the old Championship manager games. Kind of made me want to play but I know I wont have any time. Thanks ToD!
I just started a save with Utd on career mode. Got rid of most the deadwood. Not going to sign any players and just use my academy. Championship manager those were the days

Old champs manager should be also available for Mobile. Just to pass time sometimes quickly. Should not be hard to get working it, had it on my old phone.

sry for off topic. CM 01/02 is able play on mobile, not sure on 03/04. Also able to find season update online if wanted.

I did that when I discovered a Mac version through lockdown.

Had absolutely no zero interest in FM for years. Totally over-complicating a simple concept that doesn't interest me at all.

But having the single best version of the entire series back ..... Passed the time great.

Used to love this game, for me it's still one of the best to ever come out. Is the mobile version any good?
it is the same game from pc, just you are able to play it on Mobile. Might be bit uncomfrotable with smaller screen but doable.
Easily downable and video should be good. If any help need then gladly to help.

U17's played Burnley last night. Scorers and squad members with age groups

SCORERS:

Manni Norkett ⚽⚽

Chris Popov ⚽

PLAYERS FEATURED:

U15s- Finley McAllister, Habeeb Ogunneye, Ruben Curley

U18s- Dan Polakowski, Oliver Kilner, Alvaro Fernandez, Marc Jurado, Dillon Hoogewerf

U16s- Chris Popov, Manni Norkett, Daniel Kavanagh, Sam Murray. Plus others.

@Bujakaa92 ...

Nah mate, that’s his problem and why the game has completely left Mourinho behind. His refusal to adapt and change from a style of football that worked for him 5/10 years back but doesn’t now as the games evolved into an attacking era.

He’s a second-rate has been now who’s completely tarnishing whatever reputation as a top manager he had.

This. Mourinho's still tactically brilliant and has a unique perception of the game but his style of football is now predictable. He thrived in an era where every team attacked with consequence. He recognized this and sets his teams up to exploit this naivety which rewarded him plenty. He was one of the early adopters of reactive, counter attacking football with his wide forwards spear heading each attack but with the rise of counter pressing football, his teams don't even get the chance to play out as easily.

He's still using the same tactics from his Chelsea team...in 2004. As for his man management, that's a whole thread of its own lol

Last edited:
This. Mourinho's still tactically brilliant and has a unique perception of the game but his style of football is now predictable. He thrived in an era where every team attacked with consequence. He recognized this and sets his teams up to exploit this naivety which rewarded him plenty. He was one of the early adopters of reactive, counter attacking football with his wide forwards spear heading each attack but with the rise of counter pressing football, his teams don't even get the chance to play out as easily.

He's still using the same tactics from his Chelsea team...in 2004.
Counter attacking was still present before Mourinho (United, as an example or Liverpool). His genius was combining those with a 3 man midfield (with a pure DM role in Makelele) which made his first Chelsea team an absolute domination machine. Clubs in PL just didn't know how to react to the extra man advantage in midfield - especially since most of them were used to a 4-4-2 or a 4-4-1-1. (and none of them were fluid) ****, Ferguson was the first to experiment with a 4-5-1 (during the treble season) and teams thought he was mad.

Mourinho set up his teams to counter-attack, yes, but his x-factor revolved around the 3 man midfield and his setting the team up basis opposition (to an unmatched level of detail) meant more often than not, teams had utterly no response, and that ridiculous record Chelsea set during that time. He created an entirely new role (which was owned by Makelele), so much so that other teams started mimicking it in a bad fashion, converting attacking playmakers into defensive midfielders (Lucas Leiva, Veron etc).

Funny thing is, the Mourinho before RM actually attacked too. Yes, it was counter-attacking setup, but he also had his teams play flowing football lots of times! I think something broke when he went and finished his spell at RM. Became less tolerant, was a lot less charming and his tactics became extremely reactive. I think RM spell was what changed him.

Counter attacking was still present before Mourinho (United, as an example or Liverpool). His genius was combining those with a 3 man midfield (with a pure DM role in Makelele) which made his first Chelsea team an absolute domination machine. Clubs in PL just didn't know how to react to the extra man advantage in midfield - especially since most of them were used to a 4-4-2 or a 4-4-1-1. (and none of them were fluid) ****, Ferguson was the first to experiment with a 4-5-1 (during the treble season) and teams thought he was mad.

Mourinho set up his teams to counter-attack, yes, but his x-factor revolved around the 3 man midfield and his setting the team up basis opposition (to an unmatched level of detail) meant more often than not, teams had utterly no response, and that ridiculous record Chelsea set during that time. He created an entirely new role (which was owned by Makelele), so much so that other teams started mimicking it in a bad fashion, converting attacking playmakers into defensive midfielders (Lucas Leiva, Veron etc).

Funny thing is, the Mourinho before RM actually attacked too. Yes, it was counter-attacking setup, but he also had his teams play flowing football lots of times! I think something broke when he went and finished his spell at RM. Became less tolerant, was a lot less charming and his tactics became extremely reactive. I think RM spell was what changed him.

Fair enough. RM did play counter attacking football but it was so fluid as they had the right personnel. The pace of Ronaldo and Di Maria combined with Ozil's brilliant through balls and Xabi Alonso long passes was his recipe for success.

The common consensus among Chelsea fans that he lost a spark and charm following his tenure at Real madrid. I remember when there was all that talk of SAF retiring back in 2005, my ideal replacement was Mourinho himself.

Generally, the overall point still stands that football has adapted to Mourinho but he's yet to adapt to it.