The Manchester United Thread

Solskjær believes he will be able to field Van de Beek in the same #mufc midfield as Pogba and Bruno Fernandes next season #mulive [@mcgrathmike]

Can see this against the teams that sit back and we dominate the ball. VdB is good enough defensively but would offer that extra guile opening up teams.

Solskjær believes he will be able to field Van de Beek in the same #mufc midfield as Pogba and Bruno Fernandes next season #mulive [@mcgrathmike]

Can see this against the teams that sit back and we dominate the ball. VdB is good enough defensively but would offer that extra guile opening up teams.

It may work vs lower table sides but we'd get murdered by any top 6 side lol

Simon Peach
@SimonPeach
#MUFC U23s XI v Doncaster Mens: Carney, Laird, Ercolani, Fish, Bernard, Garner, Trialist, McCann, Helm, Puigmal, Stanley. Bench: Neville, Mastny, Taylor, Mengi, Mejbri, Haygarth, Devine

5-0 Doncaster FT

Simon Peach
@SimonPeach
Reda Khadra was the trialist due to start for #MUFC Under-23s against Doncaster but the winger wasn't able to play in the end. The 19-year-old Germany youth international left Borussia Dortmund in July having come through the youth system. He will stay with Utd.

We signed a German ?

Statman Dave
@StatmanDave
Dylan Levitt’s debut game by numbers vs. Finland:

84% pass accuracy
83% long pass accuracy
4 ground duels won
4 clearances
2 tackles won
1 interception

A composed and victorious senior debut. ???????

Dan James also got an assist, nearly had 2 but the first goal was ruled off for offside. Both players had a really good game. Chuffed for Levitt. Different player completely to Garner but equally as talented!

Samuel Luckhurst
@samuelluckhurst
Deserved Wales debut for Dylan Levitt. Of the #mufc U18 side that beat Chelsea in the FA Youth Cup under two years ago, two have won senior international caps, there could soon be a third (Greenwood) and eight of the 13 players used that night have played for the first-team.

Sanchez did instagram video where he discussed about situation in united. Here is translation that a guy did in Reddit. I posted here, but I tought to put it to PL thread as I think valid points come out the harrassment the media and ex players give out and that will be reflected to the fans. I think more players should come out be more direct against pundits, because in the end fans hear the media and fans are more easily to be turned or manipulated.

"I wanted to talk through here a bit about my United epriod, about things said to make me look bad, and... Well, about my experience with that club. The first day I joined, first I had an agreement with City, but it fell through and I went to United, and it was an enticing proposal, really, and something nice for me, as a kid I liked that club, and well, I then signed, and without knowing what was up behind the scenes I went and well, the first few days with teammates, sometimes you don't realize stuff before arriving. After the first training session I had I realized many things and when I got back home I told him to my agent if I could cancel the contract and go back to Arsenal. and they laughed and I say "something's off, something is wrong" but I had signed, was there, and as months passed the same feelings, we weren't an united group. And journos, ex players, spoke without knowing behind the scenes, and would talk, saying it's your fault, and such, and as a player you depend on being joined as family, as team, which we weren't. And when someone had to be blamed, it was always me. Sometimes I didn't play, played 20, 30 minutes, but it was still my fault. Of course I am self-critical, should've been better those 5-10 minutes. Then there were also injuries, and it was my fault, and journos, ex players, had no idea and kept saying stuff that was untrue. Got injured, things happened, and well, I wasn't happy back then. Another thing was in a match v West Ham I didn't suit up, which never happened to me, which hurt and pained me and I said "this is impossible, going from one of the best of the PLs and five months later not even i the bench". I was sad, I was mad, got home, and the next day I trained double shifts as always, because I love what I do which is football. By season's end the new manager, still at united, arrived and I want and said "sir it's better if I get new air, I want you to let me go to Inter and he said yeah, no worries, and I went, already their player, and all I have is words of thanks to United for letting me play and wear their kit. I am annoyed at things not working out partly because of the mood around, if we'd been more of a family we could have worked out, and journos and former players that spoke not knowing and that affected me too. I say it now after it was a learning period as player and person. I'm sad because I would have loved to play, win everything, and made the fans happy. It didn't happen because of things at the time that weren't suited for team United's size."

Such a weak mentality though, from a so called professional to effectively want to give up after one training session and can't take criticism. Not saying there aren't some valid points, mainly being the dressing room under Mourinho probably was as toxic as it has been at United in the last decade. But that still doesn't excuse his professionalism and his lack of effort when he was ever on the pitch, was very evident for anyone to see.

Also he's a hypocrite, did he moan about this stuff when he was at Barcelona? The scrutiny from media, fans and everything is just as much there as it is here or any other global super club for that matter. Lets not kid ourselves Alexis and try to strain away from how ***** you were. he's not anything much better at Inter either, don't let the Italian league fool you.

The biggest tragedy in all this, was our transfer policy and how we ever even signed this guy.... baffles me.

Such a weak mentality though, from a so called professional to effectively want to give up after one training session and can't take criticism. Not saying there aren't some valid points, mainly being the dressing room under Mourinho probably was as toxic as it has been at United in the last decade. But that still doesn't excuse his professionalism and his lack of effort when he was ever on the pitch, was very evident for anyone to see.

Also he's a hypocrite, did he moan about this stuff when he was at Barcelona? The scrutiny from media, fans and everything is just as much there as it is here or any other global super club for that matter. Lets not kid ourselves Alexis and try to strain away from how ***** you were. he's not anything much better at Inter either, don't let the Italian league fool you.

The biggest tragedy in all this, was our transfer policy and how we ever even signed this guy.... baffles me.
I think there is still more than our eye can see in the background that we dont know. Guy who loves football so much will not give up like this. And he has played a lot better already at Inter.

I think there is still more than our eye can see in the background that we dont know. Guy who loves football so much will not give up like this. And he has played a lot better already at Inter.

Ashley Young looks great at Inter, it's a great retirement home for finished players, the league is a lot slower and less physical. Like I say he may have some valid points, but he undoes any credibility with it for when he expected an easy ride when moving to a big club and on that kind of salary.

Also one other thing to bare in mind, at Arsenal in his last 6 months there, he was pretty bad and I always thought we signed him not based on recent form. But I remember stories from Arsenal journalists saying how he often isolated himself there too in the dressing room and didn't have many friends, the only one really being Ozil.

^^^^^ To be fair, IIRC, zz was just about the only one in here at the time seriously questioning the Sanchez acquisition form all standpoints.

Whilst others were giddy in excitement over him.

^^^^^ To be fair, IIRC, zz was just about the only one in here at the time seriously questioning the Sanchez acquisition form all standpoints.

Whilst others were giddy in excitement over him.
The wage was ridiculous, even then. Half of us didn't even believe it, mind. I think it was Woodward's phase of "Oh, my rival wants him, I'll get him" - similar to Fergie's phase of "Oh, he scored against us, lets get him."

However, he was genuinely a really good player at Arsenal (last few months aside) and was well-adjusted to the PL. I was quite happy we got him, initially. And he was one who could play on the right, and we were lacking that (though Mou never played him there). He was utter dross, though. But hopefully, it was a good lesson learnt for the club (albeit an expensive one).

And I agree with the Italian League. Sure, it has its moments, but it is famous for its defense. This year was the highest scoring year they have had in ages, IIRC. And most teams sit back and soak up the pressure. Sure, Juve are always in the mix for late bids in the CL, but they are generally the only consistent presence there.

Oh, also, Inter can also get way more toxic and political - much more than at United.

All that being said, wasn't his fault he asked for and received and bumper package. Hopefully, he will have a few good years at Inter.

NOTHING justified that salary mate. It was laughed at in here at the time as Utd being able to afford it but unless you’re backed by a state like City or PSG, it’s financial suicide and to the clubs detriment. As Juve are fast finding with the ridiculous Ronaldo contract on top of other free agent mammoth deals. (Aaron Ramsey being the highest paid British footballer on the planet is still funny as F in its absurdity.).

Which has had its knock-on with the bulk of the squad and Utd being backed into a corner to well over pay for certain extensions since Sanchez.

All down to one moment of absolute lunacy on one player.

Who’s demands even City walked away from.

1599220108211.png
1599220129869.png

Interesting view i tought some might like.

Since Ole has been here things have slowly but surely started to look good at first team level on and off the pitch in a very very long time??

Greenwood has the No11 shirt this season ??

Brandon Williams is the only other play to have his number changed this season from 53 to 33.