The Manchester United Thread

Official: #mufc Under-23s will face Doncaster Rovers on September 3 at 15:00 BST. The game against Everton on September 5 has been cancelled

Thiago makes very little sense for United at this stage, plus I think it would be very harsh on Fred who I thought was one of if not our best player last season, pre Fernandes. I'm more than happy with what I've seen from Fred in that Matic position, he adds a real good alternative option there, which I think suits ole's vision better. We always seem to play quicker going forward with the passes when Fred is in the team.

Can’t believe in about 10 seasons we are actually discussing CM options in our squad for a change lol ??

The Athletic, Times, Telegraph all reporting this morning that:

Villa want Romero
Newcastle want Jones
Roma/Everton want Smalling
Estudiantes want to keep Rojo

Would be happy if they all happened and we shipped out pereira to.

Thiago makes very little sense for United at this stage, plus I think it would be very harsh on Fred who I thought was one of if not our best player last season, pre Fernandes. I'm more than happy with what I've seen from Fred in that Matic position, he adds a real good alternative option there, which I think suits ole's vision better. We always seem to play quicker going forward with the passes when Fred is in the team.
Yeah. I would've liked more DM links (like Partey) as we do need a DM presence. Fred is a good presser, but has a lot of wayward passes for that position. There are rumours of clubs coming in for Fred, and along with him, if we do manage to shift out Pereira too, I would go in for another prospect in CM/DM (maybe a younger one).

Honestly though, I want more creative presence. if noone else goes in for Aouar this season, I would like for United in the mix next time around, he is a nifty little player. Suspect he will be City bound (although Arsenal have their links this season). He can pick out a pass and carry the ball out of the press into the final third - a useful ability for any midfielder. He will be a very good Pogba replacement//

Ducker already rubbished the Fred exit talk on Monday. Would rather concentrate on shifting out the players above. And the a RW and CB partner.

The Upamacano talk has me more excited than the Thiago talk.

France are insanely stacked in this generation at CH.

For instance, N'Dicka has shown every bit as much as Upamacano for Frankfurt the Bundesliga and he'd be less than half the price.

The potential/ quality in the current crop of French defenders dotted around Europe right now is out on its own.

Don't think Upamecano will be happening sadly, Christian Falk usually pretty good and has ruled it out this summer.

Don't think Upamecano will be happening sadly, Christian Falk usually pretty good and has ruled it out this summer.

Then not Utd specific but any club after a CH right now should look at someone of exactly the same ilk like the aforementioned Evan N'Dicka.

Yeah the clubs leaked something in regards to no Upamacano this Summer. As in the space of about 13 mins Falk, Ramano, Peach, Mitten, Ogden, Ducker, MEN all said that we are interested but he’s not on the list for this summer or some similar variation of the same message. That’s when you can tell Utd move away from a player. Not had anything the like around Sancho yet.

Very good watch this with Andy Mitten today. Pretty much spot on with everything. Especially Herrera exit.