@ManUtd U21

?

EFL Trophy

⏰

KO 19:45

?

@GNev2 on co-commentary Watch the match LIVE on Salford City TV

?

Leeds and Villa getting thumped 7 and 8 respectively aside last night, it was a very good overall first round of games for academy U21 sides in the EFL Trophy.

Might watch that for the Derby novelty factor.

Belter start to the U18's season Sat'day morning. All the best.

Last edited:
Leeds and Villa getting thumped 7 and 8 respectively aside last night, it was a very good overall first round of games for academy U21 sides in the EFL Trophy.

Sadly got hampered, but the team was U-18(only one lad was over 17) As U -23 guys are involved with first team training by Bielsa request and playing them there would break the training bubble set by COVID.

I'll wager a friendly bet with you (npt sure exactly what we can bet? Signature maybe?), that he goes for less than that when he moves next summer.

But that aside, yes, considering this window has been Utd's one opportunity at him, and Dortmund are in no need to sell with a player who's sound being there another year, that fee seems very reasonable from both stand-points.
Whatever said, have to respect Sancho also through this. As a United fan, kinda makes me wish he had kicked up a fuss, reduced his price. But having seen too many footballers throw their toys out of their pram when pushing for a move, this kinda nice and refreshing. (despite the arguments that he will still get to move next year, but looking at everything, I still don't believe he will kick up an extreme fuss (Coutinho?) even then.

By all reports, seems similar to Alaba. He wants Bayern to sell him now if they can't agree on a wage increase/extension as he wants to ensure they get some sort of fee. This despite the fact that he can stay on another year, be a key player, win trophies and move on a free for massive sign on fees next year.

Sadly got hampered, but the team was U-18(only one lad was over 17) As U -23 guys are involved with first team training by Bielsa request and playing them there would break the training bubble set by COVID.

I wasn't skitting Leeds mate. It's all an invaluable learning process.

Just going through last nights academy introduction into the tournament for this year.

Whatever said, have to respect Sancho also through this. As a United fan, kinda makes me wish he had kicked up a fuss, reduced his price. But having seen too many footballers throw their toys out of their pram when pushing for a move, this kinda nice and refreshing. (despite the arguments that he will still get to move next year, but looking at everything, I still don't believe he will kick up an extreme fuss (Coutinho?) even then.

By all reports, seems similar to Alaba. He wants Bayern to sell him now if they can't agree on a wage increase/extension as he wants to ensure they get some sort of fee. This despite the fact that he can stay on another year, be a key player, win trophies and move on a free for massive sign on fees next year.

Absolutely. He seems a straight-up, decent young man. Very refreshing indeed. And kudos to Alaba if that's the case with him and Munich too.

That's what's had Dortmund secure all through. They know they have him tied down and he's not unhappy at all to give them another year. And for once they have absolutely no need to sell financially with all they've raked in the last few years from major sales.

Yeah gonna tune in. It’s been a good comp the EFL cup

Ducker and Stoney from the BBC reporting Sancho is pushing this move now. Posted the tweet in the transfer thread.

Well, I would have done if I could have found a stream.

Never mind.

2-0 United at half time. Mature performance from United who have stood up to the physical challenge well. Laird, McCann, Garner, Puigmal & Elanga very impressive & some important defensive interventions from Fish who is the youngest player on the pitch

FFS! This poor lad. A seriously seriously big talent is gonna go to waste if he can’t get over his injuries ?

jb8521
@jb_8521
Ethan Laird's night is over as he looks to have pulled his hamstring. Very disappointing as he's been excellent

Solskjaer: "Ajax made Matthijs De Ligt captain when he was 18. Teden Mengi has impressed me, you can see something very special in him. It is about picking the right moment to give him a chance." [bbc]

The last 15 mins Salford have turned into part time rugby/karate wannabe. But fair play to the lads there proper giving them the middle one ?

Salford 0-4 #MUFC More good work from Elanga + a really smart finish down low by McCann, threaded it into only place he could score from

Salford 0-5 #MUFC Seconds after an astonishing miss from Touray, United break + Garner puts Helm through for the fifth

6-0. Mejbri plays a lovely ball in behind for Elanga who destroys the defender for pace & provides a cool finish

Last edited:
jb8521
@jb_8521
Final score 6-0. Excellent displays from all of United's players with Elanga unplayable at times. Charlie McCann man of the match for me having only played once for the u23s before & his first game against senior players.
Special mention as well for 17 year old Will Fish youngest player on the pitch, who won everything up against a giant in Tom Elliott