The Manchester United Thread

Solskjaer on last season: "I'd rather be an optimist and be wrong than be a pessimist and be right.
"I did think we would qualify for the Champions League but I was hoping for a trophy along the way as well." [BBC]

Solskjaer: "When we signed Bruno Fernandes, we knew we needed that type of player.
"Now we have signed Donny van de Beek, he is the type of player I felt we needed in the squad and the type of person that will fit the culture, the team and will improve us for next season." [BBC]

Solskjaer on van de Beek: "He is a versatile player, he is clever and has plenty of energy and enthusiasm. He scores goals and that is what we need to add from midfield.
"We need goals throughout the squad, we did not score enough to challenge at the top." [BBC]

Simon Stone
@sistoney67
Neil Wood on @manutd loans: "The lads who were with us last year will prob go on loan. But some factors stand in way of that. Sometimes agents want to get involved, or player might not fancy going. There is a lot of interest + a lot of them have been in talks."

Be disappointed if we don't sign a LB, feel this is a priority at this point with Shaw's injury record and Williams needs to go back to RB.

Especially when you consider the prices that Telles or Reguilon are supposedly available.

As nice as Sancho will be (if it even does happen, big IF), there are still other priorities we can't ignore!

Be disappointed if we don't sign a LB, feel this is a priority at this point with Shaw's injury record and Williams needs to go back to RB.

Especially when you consider the prices that Telles or Reguilon are supposedly available.

As nice as Sancho will be (if it even does happen, big IF), there are still other priorities we can't ignore!
Reckon we will sign a LB this year, along with Sancho. But we can't plug every hole in the squad this year, definitely needs more work, but happy pushing that to next year.

Reckon if we get a RW/LB this year, next year will be prioritising a CDM, Striker and a CB. Would've loved to get a CB this year, but have to be realistic, taking Covid into account.

Reckon we will sign a LB this year, along with Sancho. But we can't plug every hole in the squad this year, definitely needs more work, but happy pushing that to next year.

Reckon if we get a RW/LB this year, next year will be prioritising a CDM, Striker and a CB. Would've loved to get a CB this year, but have to be realistic, taking Covid into account.
Yep. All things considered a CM/AM in VDB a LB the hopefully get Sancho done then that’s a good window with hopefully a couple more deadwood out

Yep. All things considered a CM/AM in VDB a LB the hopefully get Sancho done then that’s a good window with hopefully a couple more deadwood out
Hm, yeah, outgoings are important. Will be happy if we can get rid of Smalling and Romero. Doubt we can sell Rojo and Jones is definitely a no-go (being injured till November). And one of Lingard/Pereira.

Tbh there aren't any good CB's available really, so can see why we would leave that for now. Even Upamecano didn't look all that the other day to say the least.

Tbh there aren't any good CB's available really, so can see why we would leave that for now. Even Upamecano didn't look all that the other day to say the least.
Yeah any CB we could get/go for is basically gonna be another Linderlof/Bailey type signing. Young up and coming and the hoping they hit the ground running from the off. We could definitely use another LF LB in case Shaw gets injured again as cover or to eventually take over from him. Have Williams at RB covering for AWB. But even then you still have TFM at the club and Dalot who I think it’s to early to give up on yet.

Veteran ready ones I think you more meant mate.

There's a lot of potential quality CH's developing around Europe as TOD noted. But the real top quality, vet. experienced ones that can slot straight in and improve everything from the off are few and far between. And when you're paying silly money, that's what you should be paying for.

That's why City are desperately trying to land Koulibaly at 29 for the mad sums De Laurentiis is demanding.

FB_IMG_1599763650907.jpg