The Manchester United Thread

The referring was terrible but that won't excuse the dire performance all across the board today. But you know what? There's possibly a silver lining to all this: if this result doesn't give the Glazer's a kick in the **** to invest, nothing will. Good thing it came early while the transfer window is open

Deserved to lose. Looked like a team playing there first pre season. Everyone poor and looked off it. Simple as that really signings wouldn’t of helped today. Oh I hate VAR.

Signings wouldn't have helped? What more evidence do we need that half this team isn't good enough. Although it actually helps when your manager knows how to pick the best team and not players like McTominay and James. No offence to either of them and McT actually done better in second half however they both shouldn't have started. Not to mention TFM who is just never going to make it as a United RB.

Sorry mate but if you can't tell from that the new signings needed then I am a bit worried. No good just saying due to preseason, Rashford looks as much of an issue on the LW than any problem we supposedly have on the RW. It's just a shambles tbh.

Our one signing Van De Beek was the only bright spark, no more evidence needed that signings would have helped. He was the best player on the pitch in the 20 mins he was on.

Signings wouldn't have helped? What more evidence do we need that half this team isn't good enough. Although it actually helps when your manager knows how to pick the best team and not players like McTominay and James. No offence to either of them and McT actually done better in second half however they both shouldn't have started. Not to mention TFM who is just never going to make it as a United RB.

Sorry mate but if you can't tell from that the new signings needed then I am a bit worried. No good just saying due to preseason, Rashford looks as much of an issue on the LW than any problem we supposedly have on the RW. It's just a shambles tbh.
Rashford actually played? Lol. I thought Like Shaw was more of an attacking threat on the left

As much as I love to hate on United, the decision to give that as a penalty was poor, but the decision to retake that was a joke! Ive seen keepers nearer the 6 yard box and retakes not happen!

Joke to award the initial penalty. But bang on the retake.

Everyone knows that rule now. Don't like it. But goalies should be prepared. Anyway, they've just reviewed it and he was clearly off his line.

Yeah tbh Ole's signings are highly questionable as time has gone on (if they are his cos never quite sure) everyone got carried away when they started last season well. But at the moment if you could get a refund on most of them I would.

How would 2 new signings of helped today? Would they have made us fitter or sharper. Would they have made Linderlof not have a stinker. Would they have improved Martial, Rashford, Pogba, Fernandes not be able to make simple passes. Would they have magically make Matic or AWB fit enough to play. NO!

Yes we need new signing that’s glaringly ****** obvious but it wouldn’t have made a huge difference to today’s result. There was a lot more factors then just signings today. Ole clearly stated why McTominey and James and TFM started before the match.

Both your CH's are if truth be told.

But that's the whole you've dug for yourselves and you're stuck with the £80 million one.
I do have my reservations on Maguire but he rarely has those games were he sticks out like a sore thumb like the one Lindelof had. He basically had a hand on all 3 goals we conceded (no pun intended).

Yeah tbh Ole's signings are highly questionable as time has gone on (if they are his cos never quite sure) everyone got carried away when they started last season well. But at the moment if you could get a refund on most of them I would.
?? talk about nonsense.

But in other news, VAR just set a precedent with a GK's expected positioning during penos. DDG was barely an inch off his line and it was deemed illegitimate. I find this to be absolutely ridiculous but they've got to apply that standard in every game now

How would 2 new signings of helped today? Would they have made us fitter or sharper. Would they have made Linderlof not have a stinker. Would they have improved Martial, Rashford, Pogba, Fernandes not be able to make simple passes. Would they have magically make Matic or AWB fit enough to play. NO!

Yes we need new signing that’s glaringly ****** obvious but it wouldn’t have made a huge difference to today’s result. There was a lot more factors then just signings today. Ole clearly stated why McTominey and James and TFM started before the match.

Our right wing was Fosu-Mensah and Dan James in the first half...... that's why bro, that's why. Mediocre players still getting games and shouldn't even still here here in some cases.

Our one signing Van De Beek was the only bright spark, no more evidence needed that signings would have helped. He was the best player on the pitch in the 20 mins he was on.

Quality isn't he?

I completely disagree with the common assertion that Utd have bought well recently under Solksjaer except for the last two signings.

Fernandes and van de Beek are genuine quality. I always thought, when you watched Ajax on their run to the semi's the CL, whilst the lad that went to Barcelona got all the headlines along with the CH that went Juve, he was the real standout that ran the show for that group.

Our right wing was Fosu-Mensah and Dan James in the first half...... that's why bro, that's why. Mediocre players still getting games and shouldn't even still here here in some cases.
Yes because AWB only had 3 sessions and could play. Brandon Williams has a knock from training. Again a couple of signings would not have stopped everyone else being rubbish and would not of improved our fitness or match sharpness today.

Quality isn't he?

I completely disagree with the common assertion that Utd have bought well recently under Solksjaer except for the last two signings.

Fernandes and van de Beek are genuine quality. I always thought, when you watched Ajax on their run to the semi's the CL, whilst the lad that went to Barcelona got all the headlines along with the CH that went Juve, he was the real standout that ran the show for that group.

Looked very good today in the brief time, just hope his hunger and desire doesn't fade when he sees the mediocrity that is beside him. Bruno was rather bad today but has genuinely been quality. Ole's two best signings, the rest have been highly questionable.

Quality isn't he?

AWB and Maguire have improved our defence massively last season that’s undeniable. Fee or not I don’t think either player was worth that much. But a good partner next to Maguire that had pace and can defend one on ones and will be sorted. Shame Bailly or Tuanzebe can’t stay fit ?