The Manchester United Thread

Looked very good today in the brief time, just hope his hunger and desire doesn't fade when he sees the mediocrity that is beside him. Bruno was rather bad today but has genuinely been quality. Ole's two best signings, the rest have been highly questionable.

You really questioning AWB now?

Yes because AWB only had 3 sessions and could play. Brandon Williams has a knock from training. Again a couple of signings would not have stopped everyone else being rubbish and would not of improved our fitness or match sharpness today.

AWB I still have some hope for, but we can't ignore that a RB with little attacking side in the modern game is such a compromise to any progressive system a manager wants to implement. Not writing him off but you can't say that him and Maguire £130m is good business, especially Maguire just nowhere close to elite defenders we have had in the past.

Looked very good today in the brief time, just hope his hunger and desire doesn't fade when he sees the mediocrity that is beside him. Bruno was rather bad today but has genuinely been quality. Ole's two best signings, the rest have been highly questionable.
Martial, Rashford, Greenwood, Pogba, Fernandes all mediocrity ?

How would 2 new signings of helped today? Would they have made us fitter or sharper. Would they have made Linderlof not have a stinker. Would they have improved Martial, Rashford, Pogba, Fernandes not be able to make simple passes. Would they have magically make Matic or AWB fit enough to play. NO!

Yes we need new signing that’s glaringly ****** obvious but it wouldn’t have made a huge difference to today’s result. There was a lot more factors then just signings today. Ole clearly stated why McTominey and James and TFM started before the match.
So if no singings would have helped then you pointed out things that manager should take care.

AWB I still have some hope for, but we can't ignore that a RB with little attacking side in the modern game is such a compromise to any progressive system a manager wants to implement. Not writing him off but you can't say that him and Maguire £130m is good business, especially Maguire just nowhere close to elite defenders we have had in the past.
Like I said not worth the fees no way. But I don’t think most players are but that’s footy in today’s world. But to say they haven’t improved us or been good for most parts simply ain’t true. Get Maguire a good partner and the defence in the Centre will transform.

AWB and Maguire have improved our defence massively last season that’s undeniable. Fee or not I don’t think either player was worth that much. But a good partner next to Maguire that had pace and can defend one on ones and will be sorted. Shame Bailly or Tuanzebe can’t stay fit ?

Mate, I think it's been that long since Utd has had proper quality back there that you grasp at any incremental improvement over the other ***** that's on the books.

For example, the lad that's gone to 'Spurs, although I 100% agree with Utd not being made mugs of being Real's *****'s, P all over any FB you currently have. And Maguire is nowhere near what should be Utd's level.

But we aren't going to agree on this so it's a pointless debate.

I wasn't speaking in the literal sense just the team generally, as midfield is our strongest part of the team on paper... however they were all gash today, utter gash.
Totally true it was utter gash. But that’s far off from totally being down to signings. I’m not happy we lost and not happy how we played. But not gonna go off the deep end either. Only if it becomes a regular occurrence will I start to worry.

Totally true it was utter gash. But that’s far off from totally being down to signings. I’m not happy we lost and not happy how we played. But not gonna go off the deep end either. Only if it becomes a regular occurrence will I start to worry.

First game of the season so some perspective is always needed, however I predicted this bad start which is the most frustrating thing. I really wanted us to kick on and get off to a good start, however I believe the board have compromised by not signing players earlier. But I know you don't agree, it's all opinions.

This is not at you Zz I just get frustrated AF when the first thing I see after a loss after all things considered going into this first game. Is we lost because of signings, signings, signings.

Football is not FM!

Mate, I think it's been that long since Utd has had proper quality back there that you grasp at any incremental improvement over the other ***** that's on the books.

For example, the lad that's gone to 'Spurs, although I 100% agree with Utd not being made mugs of being Real's *****'s, P all over any FB you currently have. And Maguire is nowhere near what should be Utd's level.

But we aren't going to agree on this so it's a pointless debate.
Reguillon is pretty suspect defensively tho. He'd be much more of an offensive threat than any FB we have but real madrid fans tell me he switches off constantly

Reguillon is pretty suspect defensively tho. He'd be much more of an offensive threat than any FB we have but real madrid fans tell me he switches off constantly

I think a heck of a lot of people are going to be very surprised this season by just how good he is.

But again, I don't blame Utd one iota for walking from that deal.

Big clubs don't agree to **** like that.

He’s miles worse than Shaw defensively on reddit I’ve lost count how many Madrid fans have mentioned this. I only would of liked him for that attacking outlet coming off the bench. Give me Telles any day.

This is not at you Zz I just get frustrated AF when the first thing I see after a loss after all things considered going into this first game. Is we lost because of signings, signings, signings.

Football is not FM!
Considering there has been no pre season and half the players are not at full fitness I said before shock results will happen. The first month is all about just getting the results not panicking and getting everyone to full fitness with no injuries.

Considering there has been no pre season and half the players are not at full fitness I said before shock results will happen. The first month is all about just getting the results not panicking and getting everyone to full fitness with no injuries.
Why can’t people just be a bit ****** rational at times ??‍♂️

Fitness shouldn't be a concern for any team, mate, given the short turnaround.

Lack of rhythm no question and getting re-acquainted with partnerships and team patterns etc.

But no team should significantly have lost fitness as things are as opposed to a normal pre-season break.