The Manchester United Thread

We’re gonna win the league ? **** off Brighton lmao !! ? 3 points and that’s all I care about?

Come on mate. How can you be pleased with that? Short-lived high. Playing like this isn't sustainable. We need new blood ASAP. Felt like I was watching a post-2016 Mourinho side

Brighton completely played us off the park. Hope that completely undeserved victory doesn't give the Glazers some type of leverage. Hate them so much. Get the arabs in ASAP, cheap bstards

Lucky that goal was not called foul, had hands all over Dunk.

But real question. Is Pogba still wc player, dont mean on his day but overall? Noone wants to pass him even...

He’s never been anywhere near consistent enough to be WC mate. Laughable that he’s ever out in that bracket. He has God given WC talent ..... that he’s flittered away with a P poor attitude.

Complete waste of a career as to what it should have been. Complete waste of space of a man/ player.

5-1 lol. Ironically, if we lost this game by that scoreline, i don't anyone in this thread would've had any complaints. Shambolic! Tactics were shambolic, subs were shambolic but we had the same luck Chelsea had back in 2012 in the champions league.
Yes the youth teams look exciting again this year. Tbh we had the look what Chelsea had when they won against these the other week.

He’s never been anywhere near consistent enough to be WC mate. Laughable that he’s ever out in that bracket. He has God given WC talent ..... that he’s flittered away with a P poor attitude.

Complete waste of a career as to what it should have been. Complete waste of space of a man/ player.

Lmao..... World Cup winner come on, you clearly don't like him but that's just ridiculous. He's achieved more in his life than we ever will and most other footballers ever will.

Come on mate. How can you be pleased with that? Short-lived high. Playing like this isn't sustainable. We need new blood ASAP. Felt like I was watching a post-2016 Mourinho side
Never said I was had with the performance just the 3 points. Yes performances certainly matter but not so much as the points this early in the season.

Lmao..... World Cup winner come on, you clearly don't like him but that's just ridiculous. He's achieved more in his life than we ever will and most other footballers ever will.

Bollocks it is. He’s a complete waste of God given natural talent. He turns up when he wants. That’s not a WC player in any way, shape or form.

Absolute dog s**t that performance. The coaching staff need to get hold of AWB and sort his awareness out. Everytime the opposition has the ball down their right, AWB comes in miles too far, practically the middle of the box which always leave their left winger in acres of space. Brighton did that about 10 times today. And its been happening pretty much every game since lockdown. Could pick apart even more but cant be arsed. Load of ****

Scouse is right tbh. A key sign of a world class player is consistency. Pogba has WC ability but he only puts it on display when he wants. If all players with WC ability could be regarded as world class then Wilfred Zaha is world class.

That was a match right out of Football Manager. Outplay your opponent, keep hitting the woodwork, and lose. I would of rage quit.

This was one of the more depressing performances I've seen from a United team. And very honestly, we didn't have a plan, there was no visible pressing, no control in the midfield and we didn't have a coherent plan in any shape or form, whether in attack or defence.

I sound like a broken record, and I've been stating this for a long time, but we need someone to control the tempo of the game, someone who can play passes and actually keep play ticking. We have two midfielders out of three who like to play aggressive and lose the ball quickly while the other is no Biscuits/Xabi to handle both of them. We honestly won't be able to sustain both Bruno and Pogba in the team for a long time.

Outside of that, practically everything was shambles today. DDG was half decent, everything around him crumbled. Too many players crowding around the same spaces while not helping each other out, we were pretty bad. And you have to lay blame on the coaching/tactics, honestly. I was more worried about that aspect of the game heading into the season, and so far, haven't seen much to allay fears.

Absolute dog s**t that performance. The coaching staff need to get hold of AWB and sort his awareness out. Everytime the opposition has the ball down their right, AWB comes in miles too far, practically the middle of the box which always leave their left winger in acres of space. Brighton did that about 10 times today. And its been happening pretty much every game since lockdown. Could pick apart even more but cant be arsed. Load of ****
Noticed that about AWB today.

Scouse is right tbh. A key sign of a world class player is consistency. Pogba has WC ability but he only puts it on display when he wants. If all players with WC ability could be regarded as world class then Wilfred Zaha is world class.

Souness, who was WC midfielder in his era, and one of the best players, let alone midfielders, Britain has ever produced, has had Pogba bang to rights all along.

Just nobody wants to listen to a L’pool legend if they’re of a Utd persuasion.

No he isn't, not liking him is fine but to call him a complete waste of a person/player is laughable.

There has been plenty of world-class players that have his similar languid style. Like I say, you either love or hate him, he's not my cuppa tea but he's not as bad as being made out either.

These first two games he has just had COVID and no pre-season, if you go back to last season after lockdown, he has been good. Not Bruno good, but respectably so.

Defo. But if Brighton don’t take their chances and all that.

Nobody to blame but themselves.
So true Brighton hit the post 5 times in that game a record for the Premiership (they also had 18 shots on goal (5 on target) United had 7 shots (3 on target)), it doesn't matter how many shots you get the winner is the one who gets the ball in the back of the net in that respect (only) United deserved to win.

Defo. But if Brighton don’t take their chances and all that.

Nobody to blame but themselves.
Know a Brighton fan at work. Was texting him during the match. Was saying Trossard is the most frustrating player at the club. Great technique works hard can pass. But he can’t get his foot over the ball when shooting especially in and around the box. Most of his efforts either go into the top of the net or blaze over, wastes so many good chances down to this.

No he isn't, not liking him is fine but to call him a complete waste of a person/player is laughable.

There has been plenty of world-class players that have his similar languid style. Like I say, you either love or hate him, he's not my cuppa tea but he's not as bad as being made out either.

These first two games he has just had COVID and no pre-season, if you go back to last season after lockdown, he has been good. Not Bruno good, but respectably so.
Thought Bruno was poor today tbh.

Thought Bruno was poor today tbh.
Everyone was poor today, bar the post, which should have been MotM for United today. DDG was half decent, and it stops about there.

Also, Pogba didn't create, take a shot, no tackles or interceptions and had the lowest pass percentage in the match. He is clearly not back to full fitness post Covid, wtf is Solskjaer persisting? Give him a break, give him limited minutes while he gets back match fitness and bring van de Beek, FFS.