The Manchester United Thread

Also, found this hilarious (screenshotting, can't seem to embed properly)

1601129686104.png

No he isn't, not liking him is fine but to call him a complete waste of a person/player is laughable.

There has been plenty of world-class players that have his similar languid style. Like I say, you either love or hate him, he's not my cuppa tea but he's not as bad as being made out either.

These first two games he has just had COVID and no pre-season, if you go back to last season after lockdown, he has been good. Not Bruno good, but respectably so.

Lol, you're thinking about Ozil now aren't you? ?

Everyone was poor today, bar the post, which should have been MotM for United today. DDG was half decent, and it stops about there.

Also, Pogba didn't create, take a shot, no tackles or interceptions and had the lowest pass percentage in the match. He is clearly not back to full fitness post Covid, wtf is Solskjaer persisting? Give him a break, give him limited minutes while he gets back match fitness and bring van de Beek, FFS.

Okay, I'd exclude Matic. He didn't put a foot wrong today

Noticed that about AWB today.
Its been pretty much every game since lockdown mate. Every time a team dominates us its down their left when they switch the ball quickly from right to left coz AWB is too far in. Im not sure if hes caught in two minds coz Maguire and Lindelof's positions in them situations is poor so he needs to come in further to cover where they should be. But I cant believe none of the coaching staff has picked up on this and sorted it out already. What exactly are they doing all week in training?

Its been pretty much every game since lockdown mate. Every time a team dominates us its down their left when they switch the ball quickly from right to left coz AWB is too far in. Im not sure if hes caught in two minds coz Maguire and Lindelof's positions in them situations is poor so he needs to come in further to cover where they should be. But I cant believe none of the coaching staff has picked up on this and sorted it out already. What exactly are they doing all week in training?
Think it’s honestly to help cover Linderlof.

He's not some inverted center back. If his positioning is somehow part of our defensive organization plan then OGS is clueless
I don’t think it is. It’s not something that been prevalent in his time at Utd. Just since our form tailed off and our CBs especially Linderlof have gotten worse since the back end of last season.

I don’t think it is. It’s not something that been prevalent in his time at Utd. Just since our form tailed off and our CBs especially Linderlof have gotten worse since the back end of last season.

Actually, it has. I notice in games, he tend to tuck in too much and look almost like a CB. Think back to Sheffield's equalizer against us in the 3-3 game last season. A cross came in from the right with AWB only reactively closing his opposite number down. It happens more frequently than you think

From Watford forum:
Garner started slow, grew into the game and wasn’t afraid to get stuck in. Needs to look after the ball better. It’s not U23 football and being casual will cost. Promising though.
-----
Every player was brilliant, as bad a DM as Cleverley is, put him further forward and he defends from the front and makes it all tick. Ngakia.. just wow. Sema.. why did we waste a year by sending him to Udinese? Garner and Chalobah oozed class.
-------
CM looked so much more controlled with Garner in there over Quina. I suspect it’s an issue of game discipline. Quina is a mercurial talent - but he’s either gonna be great or anonymous/poor given his style and age. Chalobah/Garner/Clevs are far more disciplined as players on the evidence so far. Garner looked so confident on the ball, Chalobah showed massive signs he was returning to his best - before the injury annoyingly. And Cleverley was just the standout CM on display and brilliant captain material.
-----
Hopefully Chalobah is only a few weeks. Having Garner seemed to help Chalobah settle on the ball and take more chances breaking play up further forward to influence the game. That is the Chalobah I know is there.
--------
Garner - Looked like he was hiding for the first 20 minutes but was very good after that. Certainly got stuck in as the game went on.
------
Hope Nate isn't too badly injured - Him Garner and Clevs did very well - TDB as well when he came on.
--------------
Midfield looked a bit anemic initially but got into the game around the 20 minute mark. Cleverly was excellent today, and Garner (after a very quiet start) took a fair amount of pressure off Chalobah and let him play. Best display by Chalobah in a long time today, and such a shame he went off injured.
---------------
Garner - 7 - was anonymous and just strolling about for the first 30 minutes, but once he realised he can't get away with being so casual at this level and got going he put a real shift in and showed some of his quality on the ball.
-----------
Garner - 8. Much better today. Very impressive performance given his age. Controls the game. Think when his confidence grows we'll see some more advanced passes.
----------
Garner was excellent in picking passes

On the plus side, as clueless as Solksjaer is, Chelsea won’t be outdone in that department!