The Manchester United Thread

Which is what they do.

Whatever the criteria is on the obligation, you can bet the house he won’t meet it.

Italian clubs are proper _____ like that.

Different story when they want to sell though.
From what I’ve read the loan fee would come out of the obligation to buy. If true there getting a decent player for dirt cheap tbh.

So did United.
Incorrect the only three non British official United Captains were Vidic, Cantona and Valencia all of whom had been at the club at least a season and who all spoke english to a reasonable standard. Own Goal there mate.

He wasn't signed to be captain he only got the captaincy when Young left not when he signed your statement therefore is still incorrect. Oh and I believe Maguire is English. Nice try.
It's a joke buddy.

Good night for us transfer news wise. Periera out having his medical. Roma close to signing Smalling after an improved offer went in. Dalot been in talks for AC Milan for the last few days. Rojo in talks with 2 Argentina clubs. And Romero in talks with various clubs. Get them out FFS!

Also happy to see Josh King going to Torino and we are not wasting money on him this window. And glad to here we are in talks with Sarr if Sancho fails.

Want the dead wood out as much as any signings tbh. Get this wage bill thinned out and bloated squad sorted eventually. Least Ole is doing good in that regards. Certainly explains why Romero, Smalling, Periera, Dalot, Rojo have not been part of any match day squads opening 3 games and non have travelled again for the Brighton match.

We've been tentatively linked with Sarr again..... still not sure about this guy. Part of me thinks he might be one of those United signings where people write him off before he plays but does very well here. Another thinks it's underwhelming and at £40m seriously getting fleeced imo.

See so much of Mane in Sarr. At anything around 30-40m think it would be a very good signing.

I wonder if people would make that comparison if they weren't African though, he has pace and decent dribbler. Not so good with passing and operating against low blocks which ironically is our main problem. It would be a bit underwhelming knowing that he wasn't even close to being a priority for us.

Seen him tear Arsenal a new one in Europa when he played for Rennes though, year or two ago can't remember exactly.

Yeah, I had the same objection with the Mane comparisions when Scouse was making them. Mane's game was so much more than dribbling - his control and movement in tight spaces and tight dribbling there was very good, even before Klopp. I believe it was stated somewhere that it was part of the reason why they were so eager to get him.

Sarr isn't that. He seems more of a direct dribbler, albeit a very good one. Not to say that he can't build that aspect of his game, but the Mane comparisions don't make sense//

Yeah, I had the same objection with the Mane comparisions when Scouse was making them. Mane's game was so much more than dribbling - his control and movement in tight spaces and tight dribbling there was very good, even before Klopp. I believe it was stated somewhere that it was part of the reason why they were so eager to get him.

Sarr isn't that. He seems more of a direct dribbler, albeit a very good one. Not to say that he can't build that aspect of his game, but the Mane comparisions don't make sense//
It’s definately already improved from his time in France. Polishes that a bit more and it’s literally a young Mane clone.

And no Zz it has nothing to do with his nationality ??‍♂️??‍♂️

Maybe Sarr played his two games against L’pool completely differently last year when he gave the best defence in Europe more problems than any other opposition player did but a straight line dribbler with pace was the very last thing he was. He was fluidly moving right across the pitch behind Deeney.

All the traits are there to have a Mane type clone under the right coaching for me.

But if we’re talking Utd, that won’t happen under Solksjaer as he does just want rapid, straight line wingers. I personally think he’d be waisted potential under him if he ended up at Utd right now to what he could well end up as.

^Edit* He’s HIGHLY converted at Anfield and nowhere near off their transfer agenda.

Which should tell you everything about what they see in his potential with the data to back their views up.

Maybe Sarr played his two games against L’pool completely differently last year when he gave the best defence in Europe more problems than any other opposition player did but a straight line dribbler with pace was the very last thing he was. He was fluidly moving right across the pitch behind Deeney.

All the traits are there to have a Mane type clone under the right coaching for me.

But if we’re talking Utd, that won’t happen under Solksjaer as he does just want rapid, straight line wingers. I personally think he’d be waisted potential under him if he ended up at Utd right now to what he could well end up as.
I don’t think that’s what Ole wants mate. Rashford ain’t that. Neither is Greenwood. James is defo that!

If you look at the wingers we have been linked to non of them seem that way either. Think Ole wants good dribbling players that can interchange and link up well with Martial.

Think fans are upset with Sarr simply because it’s not the dream signing of Sancho that might not happen. He would still be a big upgrade on anything else we have out RW.

Back