The Manchester United Thread

I wonder if people would make that comparison if they weren't African though, he has pace and decent dribbler. Not so good with passing and operating against low blocks which ironically is our main problem. It would be a bit underwhelming knowing that he wasn't even close to being a priority for us.

Seen him tear Arsenal a new one in Europa when he played for Rennes though, year or two ago can't remember exactly.
All players have faults. Mane was nowhere neart the quality he is now and at first even maybe seemed a bit overhhyped even though there was raw potential with him. But in the end it all worked well as manager trusted him and made him better, so in the end the question will be if Ole has the needs to make him better and suit him into the tactics or he needs more fined player.

Got to say a loan for Dan James would be absolutely perfect, learning under Bielsa or Potter.

Let him develop and then come back a better player, he's not ready for us now he needs football regularly. But having said that it probably won't happen because... we have no depth.

Got to say a loan for Dan James would be absolutely perfect, learning under Bielsa or Potter.

Let him develop and then come back a better player, he's not ready for us now he needs football regularly. But having said that it probably won't happen because... we have no depth.

If we got a quality RW, I'd def support this.

Absolutly against it now. Dont understand loaning now in PL young players at the same level as we have lads to just train them to get better and then send back. If he is was sold then I would welcome him as Bielsa clearly wanted him but no need fo loan deal. We have Poveda for example who can take that role.

If we where one league down then it would be other thing as we would like to get up. Also loaning maybe more mature and finished article is also okey for depth. Who has fallen out of the picking order. Bielsa is too valuable for our youngsters, not to have young loanes from the same league :D

James Ducker says there no chance of this happening due to the fact we have to many players leaving and Ole only discussed it with the player as an option if he is unhappy with his role this season.

With potential comings and goings at full-back, Ethan Laird has been added to the United first-team squad permanently after recovering from injury #mufc

??

So less than a week to go.
Any predictions how many in and out transfers? And if you feel bold predict some names.

So less than a week to go.
Any predictions how many in and out transfers? And if you feel bold predict some names.
Likely outs: Periera, Smalling, Rojo, Romero, Dalot. Possibly Jones most likely in Jan as he’s currently recovering from an injury surprise surprise.

Possible ins: Telles, Sancho/Sarr could be a surprise CB if all the outgoings get done.

Yup, let's get a short term option in Cavani, who's a free agent and will likely demand obscene wages or Jovic, who's basically a reject.

Smells like panic buy
Yeah the wages would be the factor that would sway a deal being good or bad. Because as a player for squad quality it’s a good signing.

Jovic I would prefer actually. Most Madrid fans will openly admit he’s not been given a fair chance during there manager merry go round. And Zidanes love for playing Benzema.

Yeah, no Cavani please. And getting Jovic in still doesn't solve the problem at RW. Unless those are independent moves (but the way we are moving seems unlikely). Also, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Jovic a poacher? Likes to stay on the last man and be an option. Part of the reason why Benzema is preferred, maybe, due to link-up play. How will he fit in the team? Unless as a plan B/C?

I reckon Telles will join before the window closing. Depressing thought is that I don't see anyone else.

Yeah, no Cavani please. And getting Jovic in still doesn't solve the problem at RW. Unless those are independent moves (but the way we are moving seems unlikely). Also, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Jovic a poacher? Likes to stay on the last man and be an option. Part of the reason why Benzema is preferred, maybe, due to link-up play. How will he fit in the team? Unless as a plan B/C?

I reckon Telles will join before the window closing. Depressing thought is that I don't see anyone else.
The STR and RW are independent. Jovic was likened more to a young Aguero when his move to Madrid was being discussed a lot on various forums. Still reckon 2/3 more incomings. The 3rd being like a Martial type transfer out of nowhere.

Dafuq, some sources saying we're close to Dembele.... this is weird as f right now.

Dafuq, some sources saying we're close to Dembele.... this is weird as f right now.
I told ya something will come out of nowhere. I think all this Dembele stuff is try to put pressure on Dortmund. Sky Germany reporting we had a bid rejected today but will go back in. Then not long after all this Dembele talk of a big bid. And Sancho not travelling either for the game against Bayern. **** getting real though for sure. Buckle in ?