The Manchester United Thread

Just wanna get your guys thoughts on here as I’ve seen in general on a couple of Utd forums. Thoughts on this as a window. Just as a signimgs

Van Der Beek
Cavani
Telles
Pallistri
Sancho/Dembele/Sarr

?

Cool if that's the way you see it thats fine. My opinion is that those wages are reserved for someone coming in being first choice key player. Not a stop gap rotation option who struggles with injury issues. He was laughed out of most of Europe for his wage demands but United I guess see different in paying him a significant signing on fee and his "halved" wage demands.

I fully understand both sides of the coin here, but i just realistically didn’t see a striker worth buying a permanent deal this summer. I think this signing is fine for a year or two, as next summer or the one after there is likely to be better striker available.

Just wanna get your guys thoughts on here as I’ve seen in general on a couple of Utd forums. Thoughts on this as a window. Just as a signimgs

Van Der Beek
Cavani
Telles
Pallistri
Sancho/Dembele/Sarr

?

If that happened it’s good, but not in the way it has been conducted. Did we quantify whether Sarr had to be bought before the deadline tomorrow?

Van Der Beek
Cavani
Telles
Pallistri
Sancho/Dembele/Sarr

?
Never seen Pallistri play, no idea. Dembele only on loan. But overall, that would be a decent window, if it wasn't at literally deadline.

However, I have no confidence a RW will get done, I'm barely even sure Telles will be completed.

Van Der Beek
Cavani
Telles
Pallistri
Sancho/Dembele/Sarr

?
Van de beek will replace the highlight reel player and the "Worldclass ™" "Just need to unlock him ™" "Cant play in a two™" Paul Pogba. He will be an excellent player.

Telles will mean no more Luke Shaw that has to be a good thing.

Sancho I dont blame United one bit for not caving in and "just pay the money" according to twitter. The fee wanted in this current climate is astronomical and thats only the transfer fee and not taking into account agent and his wages. The problem is not having an alternative and still wasting time pursuing the deal.

Dembele will make Bale signing look a good deal. Avoid him at all costs and Sarr would be a good signing but he is extremely raw and would be hounded by the twitter mob for not hitting the ground running.

Thanks guys pretty much the thoughts most I’ve seen are saying. Goodish window that strengthens the team and the squad. Just been a **** show in how it’s been handled.

One last one. How many gls would Cavani need to score to be deemed as some sort of success most places I’ve seen would be happy with around 15 this season?

Thanks guys pretty much the thoughts most I’ve seen are saying. Goodish window that strengthens the team and the squad. Just been a **** show in how it’s been handled.

One last one. How many gls would Cavani need to score to be deemed as some sort of success most places I’ve seen would be happy with around 15 this season?
Never seen Pallistri play, no idea. Dembele only on loan. But overall, that would be a decent window, if it wasn't at literally deadline.

However, I have no confidence a RW will get done, I'm barely even sure Telles will be completed.
Is he a Pallister regen if so you can finally turf out the **** Steve Bruce regen that is Maguire and actually have a good CB.

If he can stay fit then those numbers would be a decent showing for a rotation option.

Is he a Pallister regen if so you can finally turf out the **** Steve Bruce regen that is Maguire and actually have a good CB.

If he can stay fit then those numbers would be a decent showing for a rotation option.
Tbh that’s what I first read when I read the Ramano and James Ducker reports ? but then realised/ slightly gutted lol it wasn’t. Know nothing about the kid except from he’s an extremely talent RW that Lyon, Juve, Atletico were after. And what I’ve seen on YT.

Is he a Pallister regen if so you can finally turf out the **** Steve Bruce regen that is Maguire and actually have a good CB. .....

Got to take exception to that mate.

Fat head Bruce was a solid, hard-knock, old school stopper type defender who was a very good leader of men.

Maguire just has a very expensive couch head

Edinson Cavani will be used as an alternative to Anthony Martial. #mufc have wanted a striker to replace Odion Ighalo and hope Cavani can be a leader in the dressing room, helping to develop Mason Greenwood and Marcus Rashford #mulive [@lauriewhitwell]

Van de beek will replace the highlight reel player and the "Worldclass ™" "Just need to unlock him ™" "Cant play in a two™" Paul Pogba. He will be an excellent player.

Telles will mean no more Luke Shaw that has to be a good thing.

Sancho I dont blame United one bit for not caving in and "just pay the money" according to twitter. The fee wanted in this current climate is astronomical and thats only the transfer fee and not taking into account agent and his wages. The problem is not having an alternative and still wasting time pursuing the deal.

Dembele will make Bale signing look a good deal. Avoid him at all costs and Sarr would be a good signing but he is extremely raw and would be hounded by the twitter mob for not hitting the ground running.
While I agree with this in some respects, there are some I don't.

I'm okay with not paying for Sancho, but we have been too infatuated with him - the unhealthy, jilted lover shown in movies. They have their price, if we are not meeting it, we needed to move on ages ago. That, we didn't do, and that is something we haven't really done since the Fergie era.

Also for Pogba, while he needs to give more *****, you also have to look at his midfield partners - Fellaini, McTominay, Fred, Pereira, Matic - hardly the who's who of players (maybe bar Matic). There's also the thing that he is a core creative player and that's what he does best, unburdened mostly by defensive duties (that was what got the best out of him at Juve, with Pirlo dictating tempo and setting plays and Vidal being monstrous). With France, is with Kante, who is 4 defensive players combined in one. It's been at United that he has been asked to bear further defensive duties, dictate tempo (a la Scholes) and create and score - something which is marked of his failing here.

Now, the frustrating thing is that on his good days, he can actually do all of those things, but those are few and far between. Normally, he should be a creative player who runs in the midfield and links up with others - no joke that once Bruno came in, his performances improved as he had someone to link plays and see things the way he does.

It is kinda emblematic of our approach to transfers that we went and bought Pogba without any idea how to play to get the best out of him. Mind you, I'm not shirking away from the fact that he needs to be a lot more consistent, do the simple things right etc - all the things. I'm saying I'm just not laying the blame solely at his feet.

Van Der Beek
Cavani
Telles
Pallistri
Sancho/Dembele/Sarr

?

van der Beek is a great signing who improves the first XI. Even if he's a luxury when all the other key areas remain gaping holes.

Sarr would be a very good addition over time with the right coaching. I seriously have my doubts the Norweigian PE teacher is that. (James, for example, I'd lay GOOD money would be a way better all-round footballer fully utilising his skill set had he gone to Leeds under Bielsa like he should have before Swansea got greedy for more money.). L'pool rate him HIGHLY and continue to be real interested which tells you all you need to know on Sarr's potential.

Sancho was never happening from the get-go this summer and has made Utd not only a laughing stock. But COMPLETELY F them on future deals as Solksjaer was stupid enough to proclaim at the start of the window COVID wouldn't affect Utd and they had more to play with than anyone else.Now you'll get skanked even more with clubs wanting massive up-front payments. Stupidity/ naivety of the highest order to publically shout that.

Cavani and Dembele are more of the same. Panic buys after absolutely no salient plan of squad building that drags Utd through the mire and has everyone laughing their collective ***** off at Utd on how NOT to do it.

Telles is just a squad body and I know absolutely jack on Pallistri.

Basically a window that gets you nowhere fast. Doesn't really address the key, glaring issues you have and scares nobody.

And one that has me thinking I was VERY generous to think you could finish as high as 5th this season.

Last edited:
van der Beek is a great signing who improves the first XI. Even if he's a luxury when all the other key areas remain gaping holes.

Sarr would be a very good addition over time with the right coaching. I seriously have my doubts the Norweigian PE teacher is that. (James, for example, I'd lay GOOD money would be a way better all-round footballer fully utilising his skill set had he gone to Leeds under Bielsa like he should have before Swansea got greedy for more money.). L'pool rate him HIGHLY and continue to be real interested which tells you all you need to know on Sarr's potential.

Sancho was never happening from the get-go this summer and has made Utd not only a laughing stock. But COMPLETELY F them on future deals as Solksjaer was stupid enough to proclaim at the start of the window COVID wouldn't affect Utd and they had more to play with than anyone else.Now you'll get skanked even more with clubs wanting massive up-front payments. Stupidity/ naivety of the highest order to publically shout that.

Cavani and Dembele are more of the same. Panic buys after absolutely no salient plan of squad building that drags Utd through the mire and has everyone laughing their collective ***** off at Utd on how NOT to do it.

Telles is just a squad body and I know absolutely jack on Pallistri.
Someone clearly hasn't watched Telles. I'd argue Telles would start over Shaw.

And tbf with Sancho, Dortmund weren't baulking from their asking price even if OGS never made that comment. I'm mad as he never had a good alternative option . It's like he just submitted his list of required transfers and it just read "SANCHO" in new times roman.

Look at city for example. They didn't get Koulibaly due to Napoli's asking price so they moved swiftly for Ruben Dias.

Last edited:
Would it be outlandish to say I'd prefer if we get no one than get Cavani and Dembele or pay what Dortmund are asking? Sure, it'll screw us short term but long term, I'd send out a message that we won't bend over to asinine transfer demands.