The Manchester United Thread

Days like this makes me wonder...where did it all go wrong? And I'm not talking about the match itself but it's everything that's happened post-Fergie.

There is something seriously wrong with this team and accountability for places in the team as well. Pogba has been rubbish for 3 games but still starts every game. It's ridiculous. Same can be said for Maguire and AWB, both been utterly useless but they won't be on the bench... why?

There is something seriously wrong with this team and accountability for places in the team as well. Pogba has been rubbish for 3 games but still starts every game. It's ridiculous. Same can be said for Maguire and AWB, both been utterly useless but they won't be on the bench... why?

I always thought with Van Der Beek, he'd be more or less, easier to drop. Why we still persist with him is beyond me but I think that's a section of the overall issue: where's the coaching? Where's the team structure? Where's the shape both offensively band defensively? The front office will get the deserved stick but OGS isn't helping himself.

I wonder if De Gea is going to be in goal in the next game, 11 goals in 3 games, he's making it too easy for Henderson.

Are you blaming DDG for the shambles he had to deal with in front of him today?
Nope, but it isn't going to help his cause especially when you consider Henderson has had two clean sheets in the two games he has played with more or less the same defenders.

It’s been going wrong before post Fergie just a lot slower down to the great man himself. But trust me it started before he lect

Still don't know how he won that last title by such a margin?

Well arguably the worst squad he had at Utd the PL era. For a Ferguson Utd squad, that was really poor.

A testament to his motivational expertise.

Are you blaming DDG for the shambles he had to deal with in front of him today?
Yeah, any blame he gets today is only a by-product of his own superpowers earlier. We were utter shambles defensively earlier too, he just was a superman and kept everything out, practically everything. I mean, remember the Arsenal match? That should have had a worse scoreline than today.

Nope, but it isn't going to help his cause especially when you consider Henderson has had two clean sheets in the two games he has played with more or less the same defenders.
And you haven't considered the quality of the opposition he faced?

Well arguably the worst squad he had at Utd the PL era. For a Ferguson Utd squad, that was really poor.

Man, Ferguson cannot be underestimated. He won that league by a canter too, no other manager could have managed that with the squad available to him.

But yeah, the rot started post Ronaldo. We bought players who weren't good enough/the required quality, the investment in our youth reduced and Ferguson started seeing "less value in the market". It's no joke Rooney felt the same way. It was just masked by Ferguson's dominance and the ability to milk the last drop of talent from an average squad. However, no other manager I've seen can do that as effectively as he could, and so, the decline inevitably started.

Only Fergie can win the league with the squad he had but I do agree that the issue began with his approach to team building in his final years. He often just added stop gap solutions to paper over lingering issues (i.e. recalling Scholes from retirement rather than buying a long term replacement or giving Pogba a genuine chance, signing 29 year old van persie, not properly replacing Rio/Vidic).

Yeah, any blame he gets today is only a by-product of his own superpowers earlier. We were utter shambles defensively earlier too, he just was a superman and kept everything out, practically everything. I mean, remember the Arsenal match? That should have had a worse scoreline than today.

I remember that whole season (I take it the 2nd season under mou). We only conceded 26 goals but our xG against for that season was 50.

Only Fergie can win the league with the squad he had but I do agree that the issue began with his approach to team building in his final years. He often just added stop gap solutions to paper over lingering issues (i.e. recalling Scholes from retirement rather than buying a long term replacement or giving Pogba a genuine chance, signing 29 year old van persie, not properly replacing Rio/Vidic).
To be fair to him, he had plans to get in Strootman/Thiago to recreate Keane/Scholes and Lewandowski for Rooney, something which would have solved most of those issues. And those deals were almost done too, but then of course, Moyes came in and wham. Gone with the wind.