The Manchester United Thread

1601970668076.png

If anyone interested I can post the full article from Athletic if wanted, interesting read.
Reading it I am glad we have DOF to do work in player department. Can rely fully on manager wanting only 1 player without backup and moron trying to make deals.
And I understand that United is more often trying to push move trough agents not going directly to talk with clubs, what i find strange.

Last edited:
Probably biased towards Dortmund due to where it has come from but meh, I don't really care anymore. We know it's a shambles.

For me this window is not even about Sancho though, I already said before I don't think our solution is just to buy the new shiny toy that will cost a lot. We've been there many times with other marquee signings that have ultimately failed.

All I wanted to see from United this summer was an execution of a plan that addressed our two main areas of concern going into the window: CB and RW.

I didn't really care who those signings were as long as they were sensible additions that addressed those areas... we didn't even get that.

Instead what they have done is spent the whole window ******* around on Sancho and think a deadline day signing of Cavani is somehow brilliant. The fact we're giving him a no.7 shirt as well... the mind boggles at our stupidity. It was only in February his agent said that if he moves to us or Chelsea it will be for money..... oh well bingo we've got Woodward on the phone for you.

For the record I've got nothing against Cavani himself, but the way we have treated this transfer shows how inept we are. That we are selling it as like this world-class player, the reality is that he hasn't even played for 7 months and yet we need him for a game in two weeks time.

Probably biased towards Dortmund due to where it has come from but meh, I don't really care anymore. We know it's a shambles.

For me this window is not even about Sancho though, I already said before I don't think our solution is just to buy the new shiny toy that will cost a lot. We've been there many times with other marquee signings that have ultimately failed.

All I wanted to see from United this summer was an execution of a plan that addressed our two main areas of concern going into the window: CB and RW.

I didn't really care who those signings were as long as they were sensible additions that addressed those areas... we didn't even get that.

Instead what they have done is spent the whole window ******* around on Sancho and think a deadline day signing of Cavani is somehow brilliant. The fact we're giving him a no.7 shirt as well... the mind boggles at our stupidity. It was only in February his agent said that if he moves to us or Chelsea it will be for money..... oh well bingo we've got Woodward on the phone for you.

For the record I've got nothing against Cavani himself, but the way we have treated this transfer shows how inept we are. That we are selling it as like this world-class player, the reality is that he hasn't even played for 7 months and yet we need him for a game in two weeks time.
His agent is sure cheap or has low values lol as Cavani from reports is on about 160k a week not even one of our top 5/6 earners

See a couple of articles this morning about Pallistri. Veron and Riquelme really raving about him. Got me a bit more hyped to say the least.

You know, I was one of those who told you not to flip out yet, and that it was early days yet (while questioning Solskjaer's tactics), but at that point of time, there was reason to be cautiously okay. Sancho, sure, but there were some other links with Coman etc which showed that we could be looking at a RW. And links to Upamecano/Badiashile/Gabriel (late) showed that we did have a CB in mind. So, the plan to identify our weaknesses, at that point, atleast, was going on decently.

What ruined it was the ability of people handling the situation. Woodward and the board basically displayed (as they have done constantly) that they have no idea what stance they need to maintain and how to maintain the reputation of the club). If Sancho wasn't an option, move on. Get someone in. In that way, the planning was woeful (ne, non existent). It's utter shambles all around, and honestly, what manager would be happy walking into this mess? Managers basically know they can't get the player they want (or any backups) because of the board's ineptitude. What manager do we even get?

I'm not slagging off on the youngsters we have signed, but they weren't the solution (or even the plan). And yeah, I fear Scouse is right, we are destined to midtable/Arsenal mediocrity until something changes (and considering our size and worth, that something won't change anytime soon, if ever).

His agent is sure cheap or has low values lol as Cavani from reports is on about 160k a week not even one of our top 5/6 earners

Well it will help Pellistri settle and I would be happy to see him make an impact in first team this season... not sure how likely it is though. I'd love to see united make a star rather than buy one, for me I get no greater satisfaction seeing a player develop in to his potential.

While I’ve been flat out busy at work watching match highlights and YouTube vids ? gotta say Amad has got me a little trouser tent going on! Can see why we spent the money. Fast, direct, can dribble great close control. And has the power to hold players off. Instantly thought of Sancho, Greenwood, Ronaldo, Hazard, Mbappe, Neymar. Youngsters you watch and just think yes there gonna make it.

Think the window itself how it was handled had disappointed more than the players itself. Yes I know we needed a RW and CB still peed we didn’t! But our problem last season was squad depth with actual quality that has been rectified at least. 6.5/7 - 10 for me

That Newcastle game is pretty huge now in the context of what lies ahead, I fear if we don't win that then Ole may struggle to last long.

I don't think he has been fully backed this window but at the same time... the more you see his signings... the more suspect they do look. Even if we make excuses for Maguire and AWB, they have been terrible this season, I mean not quite sure what even the reason is for AWB......

Yeah tough month. Hopefully this break and fresh faces will give the players a boost. Think it’s gonna be a tough season. We still look hung over from playing nearly the same 11 since the lockdown ended. Then to not really having a break or a pre season. Like this weekend gone has shown I can see a lot of crazy results this season. Hopefully we can scrape top 4 and have some good cup runs again. Then reset next summer to some sort of normality in regards to the season ending. A proper off season and then followed with a proper pre season.

Just been reading a good article about Cavani since becoming a free agent and not playing since March. He’s completely changed his diet and hired a personnel nutritionist. Has hired a personal trainer on a specific regime to help with his muscle injuries. And taken up Yoga and Ballet to prolong his career. That’s the sort of mentality and dedication that we want and has made him a top player for so long.

Just been reading a good article about Cavani since becoming a free agent and not playing since March. He’s completely changed his diet and hired a personnel nutritionist. Has hired a personal trainer on a specific regime to help with his muscle injuries. And taken up Yoga and Ballet to prolong his career. That’s the sort of mentality and dedication that we want and has made him a top player for so long.

Just to get Manchester'd and injured two weeks in.