The Manchester United Thread

Looks like another Dan James. Not necessarily a bad thing as with the right coaching, he can be a very good player...which makes me question why he came to united under Solkjaer?
His close control and dribbling are nothing like James lol. He’s not as fast as James either who use his pace and nothing else to beat a man. More old school winger not a bad thing as it’s very useful in certain situations.

Last edited:
What exactly was Shaw even trying to do there, stop a cutback? And he was so slow to reach it too, at that.
Only good thing that has come out from empty stadium is that you can hear more what players + managers yell. In NBA they have mics on referee, should be done something similar in football also.

..... If anyone interested I can post the full article from Athletic if wanted, interesting read.
Reading it I am glad we have DOF to do work in player department. Can rely fully on manager wanting only 1 player without backup and moron trying to make deals.
And I understand that United is more often trying to push move trough agents not going directly to talk with clubs, what i find strange.

Now, now mate.

There's no need to insult morons. What have they done to deserve comparing to him?

Still cant belive you gave Herrera away for free...

You cant win as a United, you really cant.
First United ****** up wage structure by giving at time second best player in the league 400kpw, then similar money for at the time best GK in the world and club legend but when you dont give that kind money to Herrera its terrible mistake for United.

You cant win as a United, you really cant.
First United ****** up wage structure by giving at time second best player in the league 400kpw, then similar money for at the time best GK in the world and club legend but when you dont give that kind money to Herrera its terrible mistake for United.
He wasn't second best player in the league at the time, though. Hazard, Aguero, Kante, Sterling, Silva, Salah, van Dijk, Kane, de Gea - all of these players were definitely a cut above. If you only have to take wide players, then Hazard, Silva, Salah, Sterling definitely rank better, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple. Sanchez was also off the boil for Arsenal all through 2018, IIRC? Mate, he was a money-grabbing player, and Woodward just fell for him and agreed to the demands. That salary, whatever way you try, cannot be justified.

de Gea, arguably, the only reason we paid him that much was because we ****** up with Sanchez. Of course de Gea will feel he deserves more, considering he was the best performer in the team, and Sanchez was a muppet.

Also for Herrera, we didn't offer him that crazy money, but it only went to that extent because Sanchez. That one move was again the start of a fall of dominoes.

Yeah pretty much what others have said, Herrera could be forgiven if we didn't make so many other mistakes and continue to do so on players just basically stealing a living here could contribute to his wages.

In the end if I isolate just Herrera alone can see why we wouldn't want to pay his wages, but doesn't forgive not replacing him either until basically.... Van de Beek? I don't know if you can even count him or maybe Fred.... but that was never intended to be so.

Case in point, we can't pay £250k for Herrera wages (understandable) but will pay for 4 high earning goalkeepers in the league averaging a salary of over £650k per week. :D
I'm sure you meant a total wage, and not average. xD

Yeah pretty much what others have said, Herrera could be forgiven if we didn't make so many other mistakes and continue to do so on players just basically stealing a living here could contribute to his wages.

In the end if I isolate just Herrera alone can see why we wouldn't want to pay his wages, but doesn't forgive not replacing him either until basically.... Van de Beek? I don't know if you can even count him or maybe Fred.... but that was never intended to be so.

Arsenal has just done that with a fella Utd should have been ALL over this window.

New shirt numbers.

Attachments

• FC8A7375-97FB-4BBD-9303-1F0368893480.jpeg
    FC8A7375-97FB-4BBD-9303-1F0368893480.jpeg
    326.3 KB · Views: 37
He wasn't second best player in the league at the time, though. Hazard, Aguero, Kante, Sterling, Silva, Salah, van Dijk, Kane, de Gea - all of these players were definitely a cut above. If you only have to take wide players, then Hazard, Silva, Salah, Sterling definitely rank better, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple. Sanchez was also off the boil for Arsenal all through 2018, IIRC? Mate, he was a money-grabbing player, and Woodward just fell for him and agreed to the demands. That salary, whatever way you try, cannot be justified.

de Gea, arguably, the only reason we paid him that much was because we ****** up with Sanchez. Of course de Gea will feel he deserves more, considering he was the best performer in the team, and Sanchez was a muppet.

Also for Herrera, we didn't offer him that crazy money, but it only went to that extent because Sanchez. That one move was again the start of a fall of dominoes.
I remember things differently, but I suppose you're right, especially when saying that there's no way you can justify giving that type of wages.

Listening to Tim Vickery on Pillistri this morning. Saying he reminds him of a youn 21/23 yr old David Silva at Valencia but with more pace. And says he could see him developing into a top class AM. Same as what happens with Silva at Valencia. Broke through wide then slowly ended up playing in the centre.

Could defo see this after watching lots of highlights of Silva this morning at Valencia.

I prefer the VdB signing however, we needed a CDM. I would've honestly preferred Sangare as his potential ceiling is higher and is 4 years younger than Partey.
Garner will take the role next season under Matic for a year before he leaves. Doing very well on loan at Watford.