The Manchester United Thread

Makes no difference.
We will still be way off the standard of the top clubs.

Manchester United is a f.ucking fashion brand. Selling trinkets and advertising space.

Leave the football to the football clubs.
Huh? Having a top youth prospect come back after a good loan spell away to potentially fill a role we desperately need. Bit weird to complain about that tbh.

I understand the other stuff but that’s just odd. Nothing better than having another good/top player coming through. Better than spunking it on someone that can’t be arsed or only cares for money.

Makes no difference.
We will still be way off the standard of the top clubs.

Manchester United is a f.ucking fashion brand. Selling trinkets and advertising space.

Leave the football to the football clubs.
Clearly a glory hunter fan who doesn't have a scooby. United have had a home grown player in the first team squad for more years than you have probably lived. The club has been built on the youth that have come through the youth teams over the years, without the success of the likes of the Busby Babes and the 1990's homegrown players the so called 'fashion brand' you speak of would not exist. They don't always rely on big names to win things unlike some teams cough, cough Chelsea, and City.

I started supporting Manchester United in 1977.
So cop on to yourself. Trying to talk down to a stranger on the internet is so passé.

Clearly a glory hunter fan who doesn't have a scooby. United have had a home grown player in the first team squad for more years than you have probably lived. The club has been built on the youth that have come through the youth teams over the years, without the success of the likes of the Busby Babes and the 1990's homegrown players the so called 'fashion brand' you speak of would not exist. They don't always rely on big names to win things unlike some teams cough, cough Chelsea, and City.

Who mentioned big names?
I said it wouldn't make a difference who comes through/or back (or as I've said before) who we sign .
The club is rotten from board level (my point).

Read the words... Then reply.

Who mentioned big names?
I said it wouldn't make a difference who comes through/or back (or as I've said before) who we sign .
The club is rotten from board level (my point).

Read the words... Then reply.
I did read your words and to be honest I still stand by my comment. If you are referring to the board then mention them in your comment which I hasten to add you neglected to do. The club can't help it if companies want to invest all clubs do that it's just the United name is more successful at drawing in the money for the very reason that the youth players of yesteryear put them on top. Nor can they stop Joe Bloggs in London buying their gear as fans like to be seen to support certain teams. I'm sure some smaller clubs boards would be more than happy to get even half the deals Woody manages. If you want to whinge about the board then make yourself clearer and not link it to a youth player who may actually prove to be top class.

make yourself clearer

I'll use crayon drawings and more detailed explanations for you next time ;)

Why type a relaxed and simple reply on a football game forum, when you can spew out a long winded, cliché filled copy paste post from Neville's greatest hits.

I'll use crayon drawings and more detailed explanations for you next time ;)

Why type a relaxed and simple reply on a football game forum, when you can spew out a long winded, cliché filled copy paste post from Neville's greatest hits.
Cool pretty pictures :ROFLMAO: . If you had been clearer in the first place there wouldn't be a problem, ;)

Fm21 looks very good so far. Actually added some good features without the over clutter. Utds talent is great so can do another busby babes save ?

Oh, yeah. United actually have a pretty good team. ****, Phil Jones can easily be an excellent defender (despite starting off injured). Kinda think we have been rated a tad high on the beta. Let's see.

In other news,

Wasn't this the guy who was supposed to join us? Stevanovich?

Although, on the beta, have to say, they got Maguire pretty spot on - unusable on a high line. If a player gets the ball near him, pretty much guaranteed they are running past him successfully. Gah.

Oh, yeah. United actually have a pretty good team. ****, Phil Jones can easily be an excellent defender (despite starting off injured). Kinda think we have been rated a tad high on the beta. Let's see.
Think most big clubs have bit overpowered players. Most have been for United, might be bias as I play FM mostly in England and PL

Think most big clubs have bit overpowered players. Most have been for United, might be bias as I play FM mostly in England and PL
Hit and miss, honestly. A lot of players are OP (Phil Jones, Rojo, Lingard - all are pretty usable, even for a Top-6 club). Pogba, may have needed under-rating, but he is still a beast in FM. Whereas Rashford could have used a bigger boost, I think. Same with Henderson and Greenwood, I think. Our youth, however, have been given a pretty good boost, so that I'm happy with. I've hated how United youth were generally rated over the past couple of years.

But overall, yeah, Top-6 clubs have some OP players. But like the researchers were stating at the SI forums, a lot will get changed for the main release as some DB changes didn't make it to the beta.

Lol, same. And he was surprisingly cheap (100 Mn $). Followed that up with Skriniar, and my team for the first season was mostly set (after selling Rojo, Romero and Lingard).

Bought him for £84 million (£72 million up front, a further £7.5 million if we win the league and a further £4.5 million once he hits 30 league goals lol). As for a CB, I'm waiting on Upemacano's contract to expire next summer (RB Leipzig are asking for £91 million for some reason). I went ahead and signed Andrea Papetti (hidden gem for a nominal fee).

Only signed some youngsters on pre contracts so far. Might look at a DM. But Garner and Galbraith look good.