The Manchester United Thread

Pellistri, Hannibal, Garner, Chong, Kwambala, Shoretire, Laird, Elanga, Fernandez - all of them look pretty good. Atleast a couple of them will make it to the first team naturally this time around, I think (Hannibal, Chong, Garner most likely)

My main plan was to sell Rojo, Romero, Grant and Lingard which was achieved (ok so I made a loss on Rojo, and Romero but I did con Roma into buying Lingard for £14m plus some very achievable extras which will boost the price closer to £20m). Decided not to sign Sancho this season so picked up Munir (£18.5m) from Sevilla and a surprisingly good Ruben Garcia from Althetico Pamplona for his £9.25m buyout clause they will cover the right wing for now. Also brought in another RB in the form of Dutchman Hans Hateboer from Atalana for just over £10m who can also provide back up as a CB at a push. However, my best deal has to be for Wonderkid Barrenetxea (a winger who can play on both sides) from San Sebastian for £12m he is back at San Sebastian currently as I feel he needs first term experience for now. The squad looks alot more balanced with those additions. I've also concentrated on finding loan deals for more of the youngsters most notably sending Brandon Williams to Ajax.

Pellistri, Hannibal, Garner, Chong, Kwambala, Shoretire, Laird, Elanga, Fernandez - all of them look pretty good. Atleast a couple of them will make it to the first team naturally this time around, I think (Hannibal, Chong, Garner most likely)
Gurado, Mengi, McNeil, Elanga, Galbraith, Kovar all look fantastic on my save also. Obviously Greenwood and Williams also. And new signing in Jan Traore looks a beast

I think this is the way forward for you lads.

Sack the men's side off. Watch the woman's team in real life and play Utd saves on FM in between.

That way you can get your Utd fix and still be successful.

it's genius!
More like it gives fans a chance to actually test out the what ifs. FM cannot replace a real game ever just lull you into an alternative reality.

Kicked off at 1 Utd u18s vs Boro.

Team was:
Manchester United: Johan Guadagno – Iestyn Hughes, Rhys Bennett, Björn Hardley, Álvaro Fernández – Zidane Iqbal, Martin Svidersky – Charlie Wellens, Dillon Hoogewerf, Alejandro Garnacho – Joe Hugill.
Subs: Radek Vitek, Marc Jurado, Isak Hansen-Aarøen, Charlie McNeill, Charlie Savage.

Score finished 1-4 Utd goals by Hugil x2, Wellens, Hansen.

I think this is the way forward for you lads.

Sack the men's side off. Watch the woman's team in real life and play Utd saves on FM in between.

That way you can get your Utd fix and still be successful.

it's genius!

That's not a bad idea in fairness :ROFLMAO:
The majority of United fans under 30 are living in dreamland anyway ;)

Great game in the women’s derby! Proper derby with needle. City absolutely outplayed us first half getting a 0-2 lead could of been way more. But in the second half they came out with a rocket from Stoney at HT and got it back to a 2-2 result with an absolute banger from Tobin Heath to get us back in it. Then nearly won it at the end but had a header cleared off the line. Keeps us top of the league, but with Arsenal and Chelsea with a game in hand so at worst will be 3rd come end of the weekend.

After that though we have teams in the bottom half while Chelsea, Everton, Arsenal, City all play themselves for the next couple of weeks.

**** what are United researchers smoking to have Brandond so skilled. Stats seem like top PL FB.

1605617928693.png

**** what are United researchers smoking to have Brandond so skilled. Stats seem like top PL FB.

View attachment 520186
Tbh it’s the same every year with kids in the English teams. Least Williams has performed at a young age at a top level. Some of the ratings for other youngsters in England who have not even played a min of first team football is ridiculous. It will always be the same in FM.

View attachment 520186
Its almost the same as the last year. Spoiler below for FM20

130CA and in FM21 he probably has around 133CA. I would agree that his potential might be a tad high ( though it might be random, mind!)

Greenwood has 125CA and I think thats too low. He should be on par with Brandon, if not few points higher. Lets take Liverpool for example: TAA has 2nd highest CA as a rightback in the game as a 20 year old, tied with Joshua Kimmich. Ok, you can argue with that, but how can someone think that Naby Keita, Jordan Henderson and Wijnaldum can all have 4, and 1 point below Bruno Fernandes is perfectly fine. Also FM researches are rating Fabinho higher than Bruno by 1CA.
Naby Keita with 155CA would be 4th highest rated player in Manchester United while he's 11th at Liverpool. And while talking about Liverpool players, take a look at their reserve team. Pedro Chirivella who has 49 games as a 22 year old midfielder in Eredivise on loan from Liverpool is just 1CA lower than Mason Greenwood.

Its even worse in City, Phil Foden is 19CA higer than Mason Greenwood and would be joint 10th best player at Manchester United. Do you know who Zack Steffen is? Well he's rated same as Dean Henderson ( both are GK) at 135CA! Cities youth and reserves are filled with players who have higher CA than Williams, Greenwood and 90% of us never even heard about them.

While I agree that some United players are overrated, it's nothing compared to years when United was at top, similar to Liverpool and City currently.

Come on , it happens everywhere that local young lads are overhyped the second they kick a ball straight a couple of times.

Come on , it happens everywhere that local young lads are overhyped the second they kick a ball straight a couple of times.
Totally agree and it's even more so when they play for the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City and any of the big London clubs. How many times have we heard the lines so and so is the next Best/Rush/Greaves etc.

Manchester United
@manutd
?️ Here's how our #MUAcademy U21s line up v Morecambe in the #PapaJohnsTrophy tonight:

Woolston; Neville, Fish, Mengi, Devine; McCann, Mejbri, Puigmal; Pellistri, Hugill, Shoretire.

Subs: Carney, Bejger, Fernandez, Hardley, Helm, Stanley, Elanga.

Result was 4-0. Not surprising really. But we didn’t help ourselves either especially at the back. Harvey Neville costing us the first to goals letting the right footed LB come inside both time to curl to shots past the keeper, instead of showing him down the line. The other 2 gls should not have stood as one was offside and the other a foul was committed on our LB in the build up.

Mengi and Fish were pretty good at CB and at no fault for the goals. Mejbri and McCann were decent in CM especially Mejbri who all the play went through. New signing Pellistri looked very good dribbling with the ball and great control, final ball was off. Shortire was class but starved of the ball.

Good learning experience for the lads, playing against grown men. Av age of our team 18 there’s was 29.

In other news Galbraith fine form got him some mins for the NI first team last night.