The Manchester United Thread

Said it all along. Ole gone Sunday after we get battered in the Derby. Not got a clue

We need goals and when he finally goes to a back 4 he takes telles off that's our best attacking lb and leaves on an unfit Shaw on a yellow card, then 10 minutes later takes him off? Started the game with 5 at the back (with wing backs) and 2 holding dm's?

Since the end of last season I've said about AWB tucking in too far when the ball is down their right and leaving their player in the back post open. Every game for months. How did they score their first goal? How can the management still not see this after months? How much are they on? But it's ok coz AWB is out of position 10 times a game but coz he gets back and slides in he gets called the spider.

Maguire getting **** for their goal but it was obvious where it was going. Why didn't de gea come for it? And when he did he turned his back? Slide out and take the ball. Even if he goes through the player as long as he gets the ball it's no pen. Even if it is we have a chance of them not scoring. He needs dropping now for a significant length of time.

Not even gonna go on about why martial, pogba, lindelof and Bailly should have been done ages ago. How long since fergie and still a shambles from top to bottom

Actually, I'm expecting a win lol. It'll fall in line with the pattern I've noticed during his tenure
Well yeh to be honest so am I. Always seems to pull these league games out of the bag. No doubt will get him up until we exit Thursday night football and the top 4 is gone

Man, this was still the biggest worry I had at the start of the season, and it continues. Lack of tactical nous and not improving players enough. And whatever improvement happened in a few players has already regressed in record time (without even hitting the peak). The tactical decisions have honestly been awful.

We honestly don't play with any intensity, we don't have someone dictating tempo. And yes, despite our position in the table, we have been ridiculously lucky to be there. We need a change and we need it urgently.

And honestly, Pogba can leave. I have been one of his supporters (and I still maintain he has WC ability, but doesn't have the mentality). But too much time, it's just a bad combination. He suits places where he gets more time on the ball (which is why he has been better in the CL). Plus, no defensive responsibilities and generally can't play as part of a 2.Maybe Madrid, PSG w/e. Sell him or exchange with someone quality. With him gone, hopefully, we have seen the last of Raiola, even if we do miss out on some quality players.

Should have honestly gone for Poch a while back, now, you would assume he is waiting for Zidane to get sacked (and basis their form and consistency, that's not far off).

We need goals and when he finally goes to a back 4 he takes telles off that's our best attacking lb and leaves on an unfit Shaw on a yellow card, then 10 minutes later takes him off? Started the game with 5 at the back (with wing backs) and 2 holding dm's?

Since the end of last season I've said about AWB tucking in too far when the ball is down their right and leaving their player in the back post open. Every game for months. How did they score their first goal? How can the management still not see this after months? How much are they on? But it's ok coz AWB is out of position 10 times a game but coz he gets back and slides in he gets called the spider.

Maguire getting **** for their goal but it was obvious where it was going. Why didn't de gea come for it? And when he did he turned his back? Slide out and take the ball. Even if he goes through the player as long as he gets the ball it's no pen. Even if it is we have a chance of them not scoring. He needs dropping now for a significant length of time.

Not even gonna go on about why martial, pogba, lindelof and Bailly should have been done ages ago. How long since fergie and still a shambles from top to bottom
We all know why the FBs tuck in so much it’s been obvious for a while. It’s Shaw or Telles also. It’s also the same reason we have to play with 2 DMs to bubble wrap out slow immobile CBs.

Man, this was still the biggest worry I had at the start of the season, and it continues. Lack of tactical nous and not improving players enough. And whatever improvement happened in a few players has already regressed in record time (without even hitting the peak). The tactical decisions have honestly been awful.

We honestly don't play with any intensity, we don't have someone dictating tempo. And yes, despite our position in the table, we have been ridiculously lucky to be there. We need a change and we need it urgently.

And honestly, Pogba can leave. I have been one of his supporters (and I still maintain he has WC ability, but doesn't have the mentality). But too much time, it's just a bad combination. He suits places where he gets more time on the ball (which is why he has been better in the CL). Plus, no defensive responsibilities and generally can't play as part of a 2.Maybe Madrid, PSG w/e. Sell him or exchange with someone quality. With him gone, hopefully, we have seen the last of Raiola, even if we do miss out on some quality players.

Should have honestly gone for Poch a while back, now, you would assume he is waiting for Zidane to get sacked (and basis their form and consistency, that's not far off).
I honestly don’t think Poch is the answer. Yes I’m sure we would have a better style of play. But him and Ole have both been poor when the pressure is on or in big games when it really matters.

Match last night.

Under 21 vs Accrington: Woolston Fernandez,Fish,Mengi,Devine Galbraith,Puigmal, Hannibal Pellestri, Shortire, Elanga SubsErcolani,Carney, McCann, Stanley, Neville, Helm, Hugill

Finished 1-1. Pellistri with our goal.

I honestly don’t think Poch is the answer. Yes I’m sure we would have a better style of play. But him and Ole have both been poor when the pressure is on or in big games when it really matters.
I'm going on Poch purely on his record for improving players. When was the last time a manager of ours improved players dramatically? Fergie? Also mate, Poch took Tottenham almost to the title and the CL. On minimal spends. I would say he massively over-delivered. He pretty much built the squad that Mourinho is performing with now.

Plus, I would say a style of play is long overdue. Then, you would buy players accordingly. I honestly can't tell you what our current style of play is other than the fact that we counter-attack. We sometimes have a medium press, sometimes no-press. There is no tempo visible. Our CBs sometimes hoof the ball, sometimes try to play out from back. They don't lead the backline and there is barely any defensive organisation. Also, we never know who our starting CMs are - I get functional ones like Fred and McTominay for big games - but weirdly - we use them for games where we should be dominating too (add Matic into this equation). You would argue a lot of this lies at the hand of the coach to improve upon.

So, yeah, I would take Poch, any day. Although, I saw reports of us being linked to Tuchel. Not a particularly big fan of that. Plus, Scouse would have a field day if it happens!

The frightening thing is we kinda have reverted back to the Cantona era, with him serving as a talisman for the team (and almost carrying it through). Oddly similar situation for us with Bruno. Mindblowing impact for us. But honestly, take him out of the equation, and we struggle, massively. Particularly with the fact that van de Beek barely gets games, despite the fact that he is probably among our top 3 midfielders?

I appreciate this won’t help your mood, but if you could keep the pattern going and beat City, that would be great.

Ta in advance. ?
The way both Manchester clubs are playing at the moment your wish will probably be granted. After all you don't know what United will turn up from game to game and City currently are missing a spark to really batter teams like they would have done over the last couple of seasons.

I'm going on Poch purely on his record for improving players. When was the last time a manager of ours improved players dramatically? Fergie? Also mate, Poch took Tottenham almost to the title and the CL. On minimal spends. I would say he massively over-delivered. He pretty much built the squad that Mourinho is performing with now.

Plus, I would say a style of play is long overdue. Then, you would buy players accordingly. I honestly can't tell you what our current style of play is other than the fact that we counter-attack. We sometimes have a medium press, sometimes no-press. There is no tempo visible. Our CBs sometimes hoof the ball, sometimes try to play out from back. They don't lead the backline and there is barely any defensive organisation. Also, we never know who our starting CMs are - I get functional ones like Fred and McTominay for big games - but weirdly - we use them for games where we should be dominating too (add Matic into this equation). You would argue a lot of this lies at the hand of the coach to improve upon.

So, yeah, I would take Poch, any day. Although, I saw reports of us being linked to Tuchel. Not a particularly big fan of that. Plus, Scouse would have a field day if it happens!

The frightening thing is we kinda have reverted back to the Cantona era, with him serving as a talisman for the team (and almost carrying it through). Oddly similar situation for us with Bruno. Mindblowing impact for us. But honestly, take him out of the equation, and we struggle, massively. Particularly with the fact that van de Beek barely gets games, despite the fact that he is probably among our top 3 midfielders?
The only thing Poch would bring to me is a style of play. And improve some players. His big game record is terrible and had the worst record against the top 6 sides out of anyone in his tenor in charge. And absolutely blew that title run in when it was all but there’s. Sorry I just don’t think he’s the guy for us to win titles. Saying that no manger is with this board in charge. We might luck the odd trophy here and there but won’t get to be a consistent top team.

If Poch does get the job he won’t get money here either. And our recruiting at first team level is largely poor unlike at Spurs. Plus he won’t have his bestie here to be DOF like at Saints and Spurs. Which is largely overlooked in the Poch discussion. The most I expect if he is appointed is a Style of play and to become the new Arsenal being consistently around 3/4 every season.

"and United crashed into that competition due to culmination of naive decisions against a series of more cynical and streetwise opponents"

Yup, OGS' naivety kinda trickles down to the players. We need to realize that nice guys finish last.

I'd also add Ole's decision to sub off Alex Telles made no sense for the reasons below

>Luke Shaw was on a yellow
>First game for Shaw in 2 months
>If we're attacking, you're going to need an attacking fullback rather than a defensive one

And guess what? he ended up subbing Shaw off for Williams anyways lol. Naive decision after naive decision. Just a string of them. You could also say we missed Fred in midfield whom I've grown to appreciate even more seeing Mctominay and Matic **** themselves yesterday but we wouldn't be missing him if OGS did the logical thing against PSG and subbed him off.

I'd also add Ole's decision to sub off Alex Telles made no sense for the reasons below

>Luke Shaw was on a yellow
>First game for Shaw in 2 months
>If we're attacking, you're going to need an attacking fullback rather than a defensive one

And guess what? he ended up subbing Shaw off for Williams anyways lol. Naive decision after naive decision. Just a string of them. You could also say we missed Fred in midfield whom I've grown to appreciate even more seeing Mctominay and Matic **** themselves yesterday but we wouldn't be missing him if OGS did the logical thing against PSG and subbed him off.
I think I saw at somepoint camera pointing to him and seems like he was wondering if he can make more subs :D

But yeah that sub was very strange. Wasted those subs, even James or Mata would have offered a bit more than those two subs.

Another question is pointing to the coaching staff. Are they that innept to give suggestions and point out things to Ole? If these kind of tactical change is done for back 5 and sudden chaos in backline like they never played like this - dont the do it in training sessions?