The Manchester United Thread

I thought it was lighthearted and in no way making light of the seriousness of the disgrace last night in Paris but if you find it offensive I apologise and will gladly pull the post.
Do what you think is right. I ain't offended, its just in poor taste, at least for me.

How many times under Solskjaer in big games like Sevilla and Leipzig have we conceded stupid back post goals. You’ve got a back 5 and that’s happening... couldn’t make it up.

Puts the big game nonsense in perspective-

Ole Gunnar Solskjær has lost six of his 10 Champions League matches as a manager (W4); he is the first manager to lose six or more times in their first 10 games in the competition while in charge of an English side.

How many times under Solskjaer in big games like Sevilla and Leipzig have we conceded stupid back post goals. You’ve got a back 5 and that’s happening... couldn’t make it up.

Some United fans seem to blame that on individual errors lol. If it happens that frequently, it's an issue with the system.

People ask why AWB was so narrow on 2 of RB Leipzig's goals but they don't realize that AWB ALWAYS sits narrow. If this were a trait, it should've been stamped out by now however, it seems more tactical than anything. I don't remember him having to sit so narrow back at crystal palace so it seems like he's instructed to.

Puts the big game nonsense in perspective-

Ole Gunnar Solskjær has lost six of his 10 Champions League matches as a manager (W4); he is the first manager to lose six or more times in their first 10 games in the competition while in charge of an English side.
And they say that at PL games they should play CL music because Ole plays better there :D

Some United fans seem to blame that on individual errors lol. If it happens that frequently, it's an issue with the system.

People ask why AWB was so narrow on 2 of RB Leipzig's goals but they don't realize that AWB ALWAYS sits narrow. If this were a trait, it should've been stamped out by now however, it seems more tactical than anything. I don't remember him having to sit so narrow back at crystal palace so it seems like he's instructed to.
People forget how young and new to playing top level football AWB is. He has the potential to be so much better and is already outstanding and one of the best at the defensive side/traits of the game. He is new to playing fullback considering he only converted two seasons ago and has only played in a defensively coached Hodgson side completely different to the way he is being asked to play fullback at Utd. My question is what are the coaches at utd doing with him as I feel for the lad he is getting no direction whatsoever on how to adapt and play differently.

Someone posted on Redcafe some good heat maps of AWB and it was noticeably different how he ticks in more as a WB in a 5 than he does as a FB in a 4.

I have no problems with AWB he’s a great defensive FB but my reservations of him have always been in an attacking capacity. Yes it’s slightly improved from when he first joined. It’s still pretty bad despite being converted from a winger.

City will get plenty of joy from the half spaces in our final third. Combine this will KDB's ability to whip in dangerous back post crosses....