The Manchester United Thread

So generally, I'd say OGS has turned us to a side very capable of killing teams off on the break but on the flip side, not every side will do a leeds and open themselves up. It's rather reactive than proactive.

When we are tasked with finding a way through organized and compact sides, we look clueless with the ball and have to rely on individual brilliance to win us a game. If certain players have off days, we struggle and eventually concede some ridiculous goal that'll leave our defenders trying to pass blame.

Essentially, a plan B is our plan A and if a savvy coach snuffs out our threat on the break, we're lost. Klopp did this very well on both occasions last season while other better sides just played into our hands.

Which is pretty much Spice Boys MKII. That’s as good an analogy as I can think of.

Those Evans sides were the same as this current Utd one. Played brilliant, attacking football in their day and could rip any team to bits on the break. Packed full of top quality individual talent. But they couldn’t defend for **** either like this Utd side and relied on teams either playing into their hands, a massive strike of luck, or a piece of individual brilliance when better teams negated their strength. All like this current Utd incarnation. And like you now, the fragility in those sides was unreal. A few players had an off day and things went against them, it invariably turned to ****.

Great entertainment but ultimately frustrating as F that left us a Country mile behind Utd.

Similarities are stark.

It only started to turn into success when Houllier took over and became more pragmatic by instilling tactical discipline into them and shoring up the back end. It wasn’t half as entertaining as Evans sides. But it started to bridge the gap and reestablish ourselves at home and abroad.

You heard the Gerrard rumours?

Asking as a Leeds lad who always seems sound and clued in (Joe off all Leeds TV maybe?), was on something I was watching last night and he was saying Leeds are seriously interested and watching what’s going on at Rangers right now with a view to when Bielsa goes.

Managing PSG is always an attractive prospect for any manager regardless of how toxic it can be. I'm sure if Tuchel could steer this team to a UCL final, Poch can as well. Although, it maybe a tough ask to get Neymar pressing higher up
Getting to a final will see him sacked. CL or bust there. And it will be fun to see how long it takes him to fall out with both Neymar and Mbappe.

Managing PSG is always an attractive prospect for any manager regardless of how toxic it can be. I'm sure if Tuchel could steer this team to a UCL final, Poch can as well. Although, it maybe a tough ask to get Neymar pressing higher up

I honestly believe there’s enough, if they stay healthy, talent in this current Utd group that Pochetino would put up a title challenge. (Which you aren’t currently in any way, shape or form regardless of what the table suggests.).

Not saying you’d topple us. We’re just on a complete different level to anyone right now. And the squad still needs attention. But there’s enough their going forward to build around the likes of DVB and Fernandes, that organising the back line and team tactically as a whole would have you looked upon as a potential challenger instead of the flakey side you are that isn’t.

Southampton wouldn’t be in the position they are now under Hass if Poch hadn’t laid all the foundations and completely transformed the club from top to bottom.

‘If’ we were to look outside the club after Klopp hangs it up, he’d be right at the top of my list.

Last edited:
Getting to a final will see him sacked. CL or bust there. And it will be fun to see how long it takes him to fall out with both Neymar and Mbappe.
Mbappe will be off to Madrid soon enough and I'm sure another season without UCL success would turn Neymar's head.

This combined with a slew of aging players, PSG may find themselves in need of a mini rebuild and who better to oversee this than Poch?

Mbappe will be off to Madrid soon enough and I'm sure another season without UCL success would turn Neymar's head.

This combined with a slew of aging players, PSG may find themselves in need of a mini rebuild and who better to oversee this than Poch?
I don’t think he will get the time honestly. And I can’t see Mbappe or Mbappe moving anywhere in this market especially with Spain finance in the toilet and banks have put a stop to loaning them money for transfers.

You heard the Gerrard rumours?

Asking as a Leeds lad who always seems sound and clued in (Joe off all Leeds TV maybe?), was on something I was watching last night and he was saying Leeds are seriously interested and watching what’s going on at Rangers right now with a view to when Bielsa goes.
Emmm really not....
Have never seen Ranger play so no idea what to think. I would rather not want him as he needs more gametime under his manager belt.

Also I am sure that Bielsa have some say maybe in the manager shortlist. Club structure and filosofy has been changed and we would like to continue in this way. Not go in opposite direction.

But in all honesty, few bad games and talks come who shoukd come in... Lets finsih the season, we are still higher than other promoted team and club is in very healthy state to continue.

So I have to ask as we’re nearly in the Winter Window .....

Just how ‘imminent’ is Sancho this time?

Curious minds and all that ..... ?

Considering they have caretaker manager right now i think, will definetly keep the rumors on the full swing.

So hear me out for a second and this isn't a reach but if Sancho's form is anything to go by this season, his head isn't at Dortmund anymore.

Just been chatting to a mate (a blue which explains the ‘logic’), who declared ‘Leicester owe Utd one today’

Leicester’s historic collapse last season is on NOBODY but Leicester. The last game didn’t take away from the previous 7 months of utter *****. Like all Brendan Rodgers teams (who I actually like as a coach. Go figure?), they are built with absolutely NO backbone what so ever and collapse faster then a soggy digestive biscuit when the pressures on. Utd doing what they had to to take advantage of that doesn’t detract from Leicester’s frailties.

‘Owe Utd’ indeed.’ *Shaking my head.

I need to stop talking to idiots.

Enjoy your day/ game.

Not a bad result all things considered. We had the better chances and should of won. Very Boxing Day like performance from both teams. Vardy and Leicester have been lucky today. Onto Wolves next.

Jamie Vardy should be role model for all footballer. He's 0 talent and 100% combination of pure determination and luck.
0 talent is beyond the definition of harsh. What is "talent"?