The Manchester United Thread

TEAM NEWS: United line-up confirmed
United XI: Henderson, Tuanzebe, Bailly, Maguire, Telles; Matic, Pogba, Van De Beek, Fernandes; Greenwood, Cavani.

Subs: Grant, Fosu Mensah, Shaw, Fred, Martial, Rashford, Lingard

GET IN!

Good job Utd with a belter first goal.

‘Tell yer Ma, yer Ma, to wipe away all your tears; NO trophy for 25 years, Tell yer Ma, yer Ma .....’

Merry Christmas Everton!

PLEASE don’t F up tonight at the house made out of wood.

They’re already chatting utter wham again about being in a title race and a serious threat for the league. Bless their delusional, messed up heads.

The Ev in a semi on top of that WOULDN’T be good!

It’s your duty to ruin Everton’s Christmas!!!!!
Yer welcome mate

Thought Bailey and Tuanzebe were both great last night. And that Cavani finish ?? good to see Martial on a bit of form now 3 in 3.

Don’t worry about Bruno he never missed a game for Sporting either.

Good! Strange to see the sack Tuchel tbh not his biggest fan!. 1 point off top, still in CL, and just won there last match last night 4-0. Give it 12-18 months and super Poch will be out the door when they fail in the CL again!

Yer welcome mate

1608818650073.png

Another major blunder in post-Ferguson Utd history if you miss out on another top coach.
This means that we are sadly stick with OGS...I mean, who else is available? Allegri? We'd be going through the same cycle of misfits/baggage managers getting the job. Poch is as close to being the perfect manager for us as it comes...

This means that we are sadly stick with OGS...I mean, who else is available? Allegri? We'd be going through the same cycle of misfits/baggage managers getting the job. Poch is as close to being the perfect manager for us as it comes...

I mean on the one hand I’m made up with Utd’s current run as good as guaranteeing Solksjaer long term and keeping you as NO serious threat to ourselves in the coming years.

But on the other, I can really emphasise. There’s some really good talent in this squad and that talent under a coach who knew what he was doing would be a worrying combination.

Right now, you remind of 13/14 L’pool. Or further back, Spice Boys MKII. On your day being flat track bully’s against the lesser sides down to that individual talent (Namely the one genuine WC player you have who driving everything every game.). But as soon as you come up against one of the better sides with a savvy coach to counter, you’re left absolutely rudderless from the sideline. Utd flatter to deceive as there’s no real plan in place and no leadership to pull it all together and add discipline.

Brilliant going forward. Utter ***** at the back and as fragile mentally as they come. You are the new ‘Spice Boys.’ Been there. Gone through that. Totally feel your frustration.

We know about the continued issues with the owners and the accountant. But that’s not changing sadly so you overcome their flaws with coaching and someone who can utilise what their is to it’s fullest. Pochetino. Is that man. Solksjaer NEVER will be.

You aren’t where you currently are down to coaching and it’s not a sustainable way forward.

Last edited:
Think if you look around then there are some decent fellas around. Few up and coming from Bundesliga or just even look closer in PL to Ralph Hasenhüttl. He is amazing coach that might suit you more than Poch from playstyle even though he is somewhat better manager.

After our side with Bielsa, Ralph has been also very interesting to watch and how their game has improved a lot. Ton of positive info from staff, players and people around the club.

Think if you look around then there are some decent fellas around. Few up and coming from Bundesliga or just even look closer in PL to Ralph Hasenhüttl. He is amazing coach that might suit you more than Poch from playstyle even though he is somewhat better manager.

After our side with Bielsa, Ralph has been also very interesting to watch and how their game has improved a lot. Ton of positive info from staff, players and people around the club.

Completely agree but I doubt any ‘big’ club gives Hass the chance.

Which is elitist English football in a nutshell.

Rafa would stabilise Utd and fight back against the accountant but that would never fly with the fanbase. Another problem in this insular Country.

Pochetino ticks every box for me and is their last big hope of winning anything major with a talented group.

He actually came into mind but so did that 9-0 loss...

Completely agree but I doubt any ‘big’ club gives Hass the chance.

Which is elitist English football in a nutshell.

Rafa would stabilise Utd and fight back against the accountant but that would never fly with the fanbase. Another problem in this insular Country.

Pochetino ticks every box for me and is their last big hope of winning anything major with a talented group.
Will be interesting to see how after these ex player use up all the chances and time as managers. Then when after them really someone needs a bit more time will be sacked and they go only after old winners and big names.

If he continues the way he has then some big clubs definitely go after him.

Will all end in tears for Poch at that cretinous club give it a few months maybe a bit more.

He’s only taken the job because no other big club wants him anyway.

I mean on the one hand I’m made up with Utd’s current run as good as guaranteeing Solksjaer long term and keeping you as NO serious threat to ourselves in the coming years.

But on the other, I can really emphasise. There’s some really good talent in this squad and that talent under a coach who knew what he was doing would be a worrying combination.

Right now, you remind of 13/14 L’pool. Or further back, Spice Boys MKII. On your day being flat track bully’s against the lesser sides down to that individual talent (Namely the one genuine WC player you have who driving everything every game.). But as soon as you come up against one of the better sides with a savvy coach to counter, you’re left absolutely rudderless from the sideline. Utd flatter to deceive as there’s no real plan in place and no leadership to pull it all together and add discipline.

Brilliant going forward. Utter ***** at the back and as fragile mentally as they come. You are the new ‘Spice Boys.’ Been there. Gone through that. Totally feel your frustration.

We know about the continued issues with the owners and the accountant. But that’s not changing sadly so you overcome their flaws with coaching and someone who can utilise what their is to it’s fullest. Pochetino. Is that man. Solksjaer NEVER will be.

You aren’t where you currently are down to coaching and it’s not a sustainable way forward.
So generally, I'd say OGS has turned us to a side very capable of killing teams off on the break but on the flip side, not every side will do a leeds and open themselves up. It's rather reactive than proactive.

When we are tasked with finding a way through organized and compact sides, we look clueless with the ball and have to rely on individual brilliance to win us a game. If certain players have off days, we struggle and eventually concede some ridiculous goal that'll leave our defenders trying to pass blame.

Essentially, a plan B is our plan A and if a savvy coach snuffs out our threat on the break, we're lost. Klopp did this very well on both occasions last season while other better sides just played into our hands.

Will all end in tears for Poch at that cretinous club give it a few months maybe a bit more.

He’s only taken the job because no other big club wants him anyway.
Managing PSG is always an attractive prospect for any manager regardless of how toxic it can be. I'm sure if Tuchel could steer this team to a UCL final, Poch can as well. Although, it maybe a tough ask to get Neymar pressing higher up