The Manchester United Thread

jb8521
@jb_8521

Joe Hugill now has 14 goals & 2 assists in 8 starts & 7 sub appearances for the u18s & u23s this season. A goal involvement every 70 minutes played. He'll still be eligible for the u18s next season.

Defensive mistakes or not, credit where its due. His alertness in pressing to capitalise, and more so the composure thereafter, was superb today.

Well that was a load of ****, I wish we weren't so defensive.. like... why... it's ****** Arsenal. Missing key players.... Ole needs to explain himself.

Arsenal x2, City, Chelsea and Liverpool: we scored zero goals.

Zero goals in 5 games. We can't score a goal against big teams and too defensive.

We're not winning the title this season. It's a fallacy I'm afraid.

Zero goals in 5 games. We can't score a goal against big teams and too defensive.

we were never winning no matter what there is only 2 teams in this race just media trying to hype something that was never there

The plan was not to win the league this season but to be competitive, the media are are ones who have hyped up United's chances this squad is still a very much WIP. There is still a need for a CB to cover the lack of pace of Maquire (Baily would be that player if he could stop getting niggling injuries), a regular reliable forward is also needed (Martial flatters to deceive in the No9 position) and there is still that right wing to sort out.

Whoever thought we was is mad tbh. Nothing impossible in this strange season. Talks of winning the league from people getting giddy mate. To be in a title race is beyond most people’s expectations before the season started. So we are ahead of IMO of what I expected.

There are things that annoy me lately. Rashford on the right Pogba on the left are the 2 most annoying things. But not much choice with players massively out of form.

The plan was not to win the league this season but to be competitive, the media are are ones who have hyped up United's chances this squad is still a very much WIP. There is still a need for a CB to cover the lack of pace of Maquire (Baily would be that player if he could stop getting niggling injuries), a regular reliable forward is also needed (Martial flatters to deceive in the No9 position) and there is still that right wing to sort out.
We are still 3 players of top quality short IMO. DM, CB, RW. Could argue a NO9 but ours don’t get enough quality chances created so it’s hard to judge atm.

Whoever thought we was is mad tbh. Nothing impossible in this strange season. Talks of winning the league from people getting giddy mate. To be in a title race is beyond most people’s expectations before the season started. So we are ahead of IMO of what I expected.

There are things that annoy me lately. Rashford on the right Pogba on the left are the 2 most annoying things. But not much choice with players massively out of form.

No Van De Beek again as well.. the most pointless signing I've ever seen, could have made a difference today, but Ole is too predictable with his subs.

No Van De Beek again as well.. the most pointless signing I've ever seen, could have made a difference today, but Ole is too predictable with his subs.
He needs to be used more. Read somewhere that VDS spoke with him and he’s struggled to settle in with the pace and physicality of the English game. But also said he’s not worried and that VDB will adapt.
Tbh I would not have played him today in front of Fred, Pogba, Fernandes

We are still 3 players of top quality short IMO. DM, CB, RW. Could argue a NO9 but ours don’t get enough quality chances created so it’s hard to judge atm.
I forgot about DM but have a feeling that Fred and McTominay may negate that need in Ole's eyes.

Wow, I know our record vs the "traditional" big 6 wasn't great but if you put that into perspective, that's terrible and far cry from last season where we seemed to pull out wins vs most big team

Wow, I know our record vs the "traditional" big 6 wasn't great but if you put that into perspective, that's terrible and far cry from last season where we seemed to pull out wins vs most big team
It’s because the big teams now won’t come out and go gun ho against us and get smashed on the counter like last season

SV Werder Bremen EN
@werderbremen_en

ℹ️

@TahithC has ended his loan spell early and will leave SV #Werder Bremen. Thank you for all of your contributions and good luck for the future, Tahith!

Gone straight out to club Brugge on loan

True story-

Alisson Becker has more open play goal assists than Bruno Fernandes in the PL against the big 6.

Strange times.

True story-

Alisson Becker has more open play goal assists than Bruno Fernandes in the PL against the big 6.

Strange times.

All our attacking players combined mate lol. Also, that's for this season. I do remember Bruno will an assist last season vs city.

All our attacking players combined mate lol. Also, that's for this season. I do remember Bruno will an assist last season vs city.

Wasn’t that a clever free-kick chipoed down the side to Rashford maybe?

Don’t think he’s as yet scored or assisted from open play against a big 6 side the league as yet mate as thats regularly been doing the rounds but you’d know better.