The Manchester United Thread

🚨

Manchester United defender Max Taylor is on trial with League One side Portsmouth. He is out of contract with United at the end of the season and is looking to secure a contract in the Football League upon his release #mufc #mujournal [@portsmouthnews h/t MEN]

..... Another thing, Bellerin is ****. I'm actually shocked his cross completion is that high

Has he learned how to take a throw-in properly yet?

Man alive he had 4 or 5 straight foul throws earlier in the season.

One of the worst players in the history of the PL. And that's saying something as there's been some proper ***** played over here the last 3 decades.

Manchester United
@ManUtd

We are pleased to announce the appointment of John Murtough as the club's new Football Director, and Darren Fletcher as Technical Director. #MUFC

Simon Peach
@SimonPeach

John Murtough has been with #MUFC since 2014, most recently in the role as Head of Football Development and played a huge part in the academy restructuring. Ed Woodward said his new position as Football Director "is a natural evolution that harnesses his leadership qualities & his years of experience in the game”

Last edited:
James Ducker
@TelegraphDucker

Significant shake-up of recruitment at #mufc with John Murtough appointed football director and Darren Fletcher as technical director. Murtough (alongside OGS) now the most senior football man on the ground and reports directly to Woodward only.

Good call by United appointing John Murtough. Goes above and beyond whether it’s flying to the artic circle to see a player’s family or running around Europe chasing (and delivering) players like Hannibal. Important for women’s team too where he has also been very involved.

I thought the Ralph Hassentutti hire was a good one tho
Yeah, I agree on that. Overall, with their players though, not a very impressive viewing. (Although there was an Athletic article which covered this, basically stating that their recommendations were ignored by the littany of head coaches that followed Poch.

Flattering when you add our players into much of anything this season but it really doesn't help whatever the cause is. You could make a case for Mo. But it's complete folly remotely trying to analyse any other L'pool player this year.
The stats aren't just this season but for their whole Premiership career. If it was just this season then TAA has an even poorer record (18%) compared to Shaw (34%). (Bellerin has 17% and Tierney has 19%).

He was injured for a month if I recall (vs Everton back in November

Another thing, Bellerin is ****. I'm actually shocked his cross completion is that high
I did say relatively injury free not totally injury free, that month out was taken into account and it took a few games if I remember for him to get back up to speed.

James Ducker
@TelegraphDucker

Significant shake-up of recruitment at #mufc with John Murtough appointed football director and Darren Fletcher as technical director. Murtough (alongside OGS) now the most senior football man on the ground and reports directly to Woodward only.

Good call by United appointing John Murtough. Goes above and beyond whether it’s flying to the artic circle to see a player’s family or running around Europe chasing (and delivering) players like Hannibal. Important for women’s team too where he has also been very involved.
Probably one of the only decent staff member Moyes brought with him from Everton.

Hasn't Saints hiring been disastrous of late? It was during the Poch era (and the staff then) who made those good calls.
Relative I guess to the budget and size of the club. They have actually brought in some good players last couple of seasons.

The stats aren't just this season but for their whole Premiership career. If it was just this season then TAA has an even poorer record (18%) compared to Shaw (34%). (Bellerin has 17% and Tierney has 19%).

Ta for the clarification.

In that case, you'd still be far better served to compare players with a similar amount of games.

Not really helping the point from 61 more games and a negligible difference.

Good 0-2 in the FA Youth Cup. Goore with the first and Charlie McNeil with the second with a world class finish from a tight angle.

Has he learned how to take a throw-in properly yet?

Man alive he had 4 or 5 straight foul throws earlier in the season.

One of the worst players in the history of the PL. And that's saying something as there's been some proper ***** played over here the last 3 decades.
Yup, full agreed. Nothing more than a Tapas Serge Aureir