The Manchester United Thread

Ta for the clarification.

In that case, you'd still be far better served to compare players with a similar amount of games.

Not really helping the point from 61 more games and a negligible difference.
Maybe so, but all 3 of the other FB are described as attacking FB's where as Shaw is now seen as more of a more 'defensive' FB. it does goes however prove like you say , it is a very fine line between what is meant by an attacking FB and a so called more 'traditional' FB.

And once again the defence switch off at the end of a game.

Fair result. We were poor with the ball especially Matic and McTominey. They are always awful together! More injuries again is a concern.

Fair results, but considering Milan is also ridled with injures and their main concern is and will be League. They really showed up and gave a good match. Definetly second leg will be a blast and there they will go all out.

Yeah, they deserved that considering they had a goal wrongly chalked off plus Mctominay should've seen a 2nd yellow

Only two positives out of that is Amad scoring which will give him a massive confidence boost and us needing to go there and score a goal. We have been better away all season so we need to go and get one at least to cancel their away goal. But I can see them scoring so we need 2. Should make for a good open game which might play to our strenghts especially if we score first and AC have to come out and attack. But to be honest I think we are out now after that. If I had a choice now of going out but getting top 3 in the league i'd take that all day with Champions League football and go again next season

Fair results, but considering Milan is also ridled with injures and their main concern is and will be League. They really showed up and gave a good match. Definetly second leg will be a blast and there they will go all out.

Milan's main concern is and always will be Europe mate.

That's where they pride themselves and where they belong.

I get that but they are in the same position as us really. Should be in the Champions League. They are in a very good league position to secure that next season. So will they sacrifice the extr games to concentrate on the league. Exactly the same position I see us in now. Unless we are guarenteed to win the Europa, I'd rather see us go out now and secure CL next season

Went through some talks from milan fans and the upset that they can do in the League tops EL a bit(also considering how many injuries they have) .
Sure any cup win is amazing and they would take any of them. Can be sure they will fight hard for EL

I get that but they are in the same position as us really. Should be in the Champions League. They are in a very good league position to secure that next season. So will they sacrifice the extr games to concentrate on the league. Exactly the same position I see us in now. Unless we are guarenteed to win the Europa, I'd rather see us go out now and secure CL next season

I can appreciate that but I'd take a different view as I personally don't believe in sacrificing/prioritising either.

You take each next game as the most important game and see where you end up. That's the way it's always been and always should be to me.

I can appreciate that but I'd take a different view as I personally don't believe in sacrificing/prioritising either.

You take each next game as the most important game and see where you end up. That's the way it's always been and always should be to me.

As a fan I'd love us to go all out for both. As it should be. But I dont think we can now in the real world. It was easy for us 20 years ago. We was top 2 guarenteed every season. With the odd 3rd but that still guarenteed CL football so as long as that 3rd was an exception and not a rule it was ok. Football has changed now. Since they restructured the payments down the league the gap is closing. The top 4 is now a top 6. And even the top 6 varies year on year. I called it as soon as thet changed the rules with the money. Spreading the money out will give the rest more money to catch up and they are. Its great for football. But now it means that everyone needs to chase even more money. Which is CL. So sometimes that means sacrificing certain games. We have slipped a long way, and we need to be in the CL consistently to attract players and push on. As a fan I dont like it, but it needs to be done.

Greenwood, James, Diallo front three on Sunday then lol. With Hugill, McNiell, Shortire our attacking options on the bench

Our midfield is absolute dire, honestly where the **** is Donny? There has been no mention of what his injury even is to my knowledge.

What makes all this worse though is that it doesn't matter, Ole would still have kept him on the bench yesterday.

Kessie was good to watch for Milan.

Our midfield is absolute dire, honestly where the **** is Donny? There has been no mention of what his injury even is to my knowledge.

What makes all this worse though is that it doesn't matter, Ole would still have kept him on the bench yesterday.

He’s got a calf strain. Should be back next week. I knew those 2 last night would be ***** as they always are together. Can’t blame him for rotating but was a poor watch lol. Injuries piling up now unfortunately. Just gotta grind out results till we get some back.

Or Pogba for that matter (reluctantly).

Our midfield is absolute dire, honestly where the **** is Donny? .....

The more pertinent question would be just why the F you bought him with absolutely zero idea of how to play him or where he fits in?

It'll be interesting to see if this ridiculous scatter gun approach of still overpaying just for the sake of a big name actually changes with the, ahem, 'restructure?'

Good 0-0 draw for the u23s especially after being down to 10 after 5 mins and about 13 players missing. Caicedo who we was linked with played for them. Was absolutely *****.