The Manchester United Thread

Solskjaer certainly knows how to school Pep that's for sure.

This team and manager is a madness, how the **** do you play so bad against Palace and then manage to beat THIS City team? Wow.... we need consistency but this team can beat anyone on their day as shown again.
Consistency will come I'm sure but not yet I fear, there are still areas of the squad which need sorting the squad needs a decent leader for one (Maguire is not that person), a consistent striker would be nice but if the goals are spread around the team it isn't essential and a central defensive pair who work well and compliement each other's strengths and weaknesses.

22 unbeaten away in the league, that's a madness record we've got going.

City can kiss goodbye to their winning record. ;)

But they'll be able to kiss the PL trophy soon so it's not all bad.

Excellent away performance. We outplayed them at times today. Consistency will come. But the progression is there to see despite being frustrating at times throughout the season. Shaw and Martial were outstanding today. Shaw been the best Fb in the league easily this season and one of the best in Europe.

Huge win!

Excellent away performance. We outplayed them at times today. Consistency will come. But the progression is there to see despite being frustrating at times throughout the season. Shaw and Martial were outstanding today. Shaw been the best Fb in the league easily this season and one of the best in Europe.

Huge win!
What?

Huge win!
Don't get carried away ToD, yes it was a huge win and SHaw played well once again but he still needs to improve. Martial once again was wasteful he is still not a CF in my book. To be honest City should have and would have scored on another day.

I will also say that DDG given a personal leave may just be a blessing in disguise for Henderson to really shine.

I'd say Henderson is a better goalkeeper than DDG but DDG is the better shot stopper. We lose that occasional jaw-dropping save with Hendo (he's no slouch however) but henderson offers us much more all round. He commands his PK area really well, distribution is good and is quite vocal. His throw to Luke Shaw en route to the 2nd goal was just shades of Schmichel

Don't get carried away ToD, yes it was a huge win and SHaw played well once again but he still needs to improve. Martial once again was wasteful he is still not a CF in my book. To be honest City should have and would have scored on another day.
Not carried away at all. Shaw has been fantastic all season so consistent and turns out good performances week in week out. Martial hold up play was top draw tonight had City players bouncing off him. Only gripe is he should of buried his chance! We all know he’s not a STR but he was very good today.

To add to the FB discussion-

Personally think City's Cancello, just like he was at Juventus before they signed him, has been not only the best FB but also one of the best players period in the league this season.

James Justin at Leicester, before his horrific injury, and Reguilón at Tottenham have also stood out every time I've seen them. Tariq Lamptey's had a fine season for Brighton at RB/ RWB too. Or was. I think he's injured now too?

To add to the FB discussion-

Personally think City's Cancello, just like he was at Juventus before they signed him, has been not only the best FB but also one of the best players period in the league this season.

James Justin at Leicester, before his horrific injury, and Reguilón at Tottenham have also stood out every time I've seen them. Tariq Lamptey's had a fine season for Brighton at RB/ RWB too. Or was. I think he's injured now too?
Cancelo form has only really been good during this run he was pretty poor at the start of the season. The rest have all been good tbh.

Not carried away at all. Shaw has been fantastic all season so consistent and turns out good performances week in week out. Martial hold up play was top draw tonight had City players bouncing off him. Only gripe is he should of buried his chance! We all know he’s not a STR but he was very good today.
Shaw strikes me as the kind of character who needs competition or a stick up his **** as he gets complacent too much.

Shaw strikes me as the kind of character who needs competition or a stick up his **** as he gets complacent too much.
Hes just a confidence player. Was absolutely on fire under LVG till his horrific injury then was picked on every week by Mourinho. The stuff about him being overweight and unfit is just a myth by the haters. He’s been consistently playing well since Ole has taken over and getting better by season. If our forwards were in last seasons form he would have double figures assists this season.

Yeah I’m sure Telles coming in has pushed him a bit that’s the same for fit most teams and players fighting for positions. That’s where the squad buildings showing this season from Ole, we simply have more quality in the squad depth wise.

I mean, I've touched on this several times if we go back on this thread. He's only actually plays well anytime there's anything close to real competition for his spot. So take Brandon williams for example. He benched shaw at some point last season before lockdown. After project restart he have a very good run where he was solid defensively before he got injured vs Southampton.

He started this season terrible up until Telles was bought and then he raises his game again.

Shaw is underrated for me, so consistent but not flashy. Sometimes wish he would do more attacking like he did for 2nd goal so well. But he has been doing really well this season.

8CA048A6-02A7-4917-ACC0-51010A930B2D.jpeg
That’s another myth about Shaw not being attacking. Like I said if our attackers could finish he would be easily into double figures this season. This was before kick off yesterday. He’s now top of that list. Still only 25 to.

Hes just a confidence player. Was absolutely on fire under LVG till his horrific injury then was picked on every week by Mourinho. The stuff about him being overweight and unfit is just a myth by the haters. He’s been consistently playing well since Ole has taken over and getting better by season. If our forwards were in last seasons form he would have double figures assists this season.

Yeah I’m sure Telles coming in has pushed him a bit that’s the same for fit most teams and players fighting for positions. That’s where the squad buildings showing this season from Ole, we simply have more quality in the squad depth wise.
I agree Shaw is a confidence player, he didn't have real competition when he came through at Southampton, after all anyone who was playing regularly for the U18 squad at 15 and whom made his first team debut at 16 does not lack confidence nor do they need pushing. He has always played well once he has got a run in the side it's just that injuries have curtailed his development at United. It is hardly surprising that he suffered post that leg break which could have ended his career. The arrival of Telles has pushed him but at the same time a relatively injury free season has meant that he has had a run in the team. He can still improve but that is due to his age not due to competition. As for the suggestion by some that he is not an attacking LB yes his crossing still needs work but a 24% cross rate is still better than TAA at Liverpool (22%), Bellerin (17%) and Tierney (19%) all of whom are called attacking fullbacks, it's not his fault the forwards can't put the ball in the net.

I agree Shaw is a confidence player, he didn't have real competition when he came through at Southampton, after all anyone who was playing regularly for the U18 squad at 15 and whom made his first team debut at 16 does not lack confidence nor do they need pushing. He has always played well once he has got a run in the side it's just that injuries have curtailed his development at United. It is hardly surprising that he suffered post that leg break which could have ended his career. The arrival of Telles has pushed him but at the same time a relatively injury free season has meant that he has had a run in the team. He can still improve but that is due to his age not due to competition. As for the suggestion by some that he is not an attacking LB yes his crossing still needs work but a 24% cross rate is still better than TAA at Liverpool (22%), Bellerin (17%) and Tierney (19%) all of whom are called attacking fullbacks, it's not his fault the forwards can't put the ball in the net.

Flattering when you add our players into much of anything this season but it really doesn't help whatever the cause is. You could make a case for Mo. But it's complete folly remotely trying to analyse any other L'pool player this year.

He was injured for a month if I recall (vs Everton back in November

Another thing, Bellerin is ****. I'm actually shocked his cross completion is that high