The Manchester United Thread

🚨

John Murtough will become the first point of contact for agents and clubs looking to sell players to Manchester United and vice versa. His promotion allows Woodward to take a step back from fielding any calls and have far less involvement in United’s transfers #mufc #mujournal [@lauriewhitwell]

Last edited:
About as good as it was going to get, bot sure a Woodward 'yes man' counts?

But happy for your happiness regardless. 🍻
Yeah, at the end of the day, both still report directly to woodward but my primary concern is how transfer negotiations are handled.

Matt Judge had way too much influence here considering he knows f*ck all about football. If the rumors are correct, he didn't even remember the name or position of a transfer target.

With Fletcher, you have a former player who's going to play a key role with presentations to potential transfer target (as well as Murtough).

I'm relieved with that alone.

Woodward only say regarding it now will be signing checks. That’s a huge fecking relief he will have absolutely nothing to do with talking to agents or sticking his nose into negotiations.

People don’t realise how much Murtaugh has done behind the scenes at our club. And if he gets afforded the same freedom he has been given in completely revamping the scouting system, bringing data analytics to transfers and performances into the club, was the main driving force on revamping the academy. And was solely incharge of bringing the women’s team together and is the main reason it is we’re it is now.

People complaining about this appointment obviously have no idea how much clout he has at this club and what he’s done for it since he’s been here.

Woodward only say regarding it now will be signing checks. That’s a huge fecking relief he will have absolutely nothing to do with talking to agents or sticking his nose into negotiations.

People don’t realise how much Murtaugh has done behind the scenes at our club. And if he gets afforded the same freedom he has been given in completely revamping the scouting system, bringing data analytics to transfers and performances into the club, was the main driving force on revamping the academy. And was solely incharge of bringing the women’s team together and is the main reason it is we’re it is now.

People complaining about this appointment obviously have no idea how much clout he has at this club and what he’s done for it since he’s been here.
Call me cynical but it seems like restructuring only to take the heat of Woodward as the names mentioned have probably been doing the same job all these years but now are given a different title. At the end of the day Woodward is still involved in the football side and its naive to say he will just he signing checks. Only time will tell if it is actually a step in the right direction or a rebranding. As it stands Woodward is still involved at the club in the football side and that is never a good thing.

Call me cynical but it seems like restructuring only to take the heat of Woodward as the names mentioned have probably been doing the same job all these years but now are given a different title. At the end of the day Woodward is still involved in the football side and its naive to say he will just he signing checks. Only time will tell if it is actually a step in the right direction or a rebranding. As it stands Woodward is still involved at the club in the football side and that is never a good thing.

The structure changing and Woodward ceding power which the Glaziers happily bestow on him ....... Oh Kayyyyyyyyyy.

But hey ho, that's Utd's bag.

In other news, looking forward to this tea-times game. Sorry and all that but I'm fully behind Milan in this one given my love for that football club.

Well not really lol as Fletcher hasn’t been at the club years and is a completely new appointment.

Murtaugh has been heavily involved no doubt but has had absolutely no way on first team matter on the field or transfers. I can understand some people being sceptical only time will tell. But people need to give it a chance and time before judging also.

If what’s being reported by the Athletic, Ducker, BBC Woodward will literally be a cheque signer and will have no involvement in contract negotiations as that role will solely be done by Judge. This is what interests me now the most. Was it Ed all this time sticking his nose in or Judge being incompetent. We will finally see.

That was my thinking. Nothing has really changed behind the scenes with regards to how things operate. Its just a change of job title to create the illusion of the club doing what fans have been asking for

That was my thinking. Nothing has really changed behind the scenes with regards to how things operate. Its just a change of job title to create the illusion of the club doing what fans have been asking for
It’s not though lol. I understand the scepticism but there has been a big change. Wi it work only time will tell.

I mean, fletcher was simply a first team coach beforehand.

Jeez!! This ref should just pull on a United jersey :LOL: