The Manchester United Thread

Huh, last month was a roller-coaster. Milan team aint nothing special, if United have any serious ambitions, they should win comfortably especially if few players come back.
Yes lol. Highs of City to low conceding late against Milan then the high of that huge win against WHU that all but sealed CL next season for the first time in consecutive years since Fergie left

Don't forget Maguire channeling his best Pallistar against WHU. That was one of the best defensive games I've seen in a long time. Whats next, Martial starting making runs in behind? Or even crazier, someone finally making that RW his so they can form a partnership with AWB?

Don't forget Maguire channeling his best Pallistar against WHU. That was one of the best defensive games I've seen in a long time. Whats next, Martial starting making runs in behind? Or even crazier, someone finally making that RW his so they can form a partnership with AWB?
Yeah noticed the last 3/4 games but especially against WHU the form of Maguire returning. And there’s been a change off the field or something as he has been a lot more vocal and seems to be getting angry with his players and rollicking them on the pitch.

I won't get ahead of myself with Harry. Sure in the last month he was really good, but also some of the mistakes are on to him as well. But he really improved, lets hope we don't jinx him and he continues in this form. Still way too much of silly goals and defending overall.

Also finally getting a football director ( thats how they called it, right?) and moving Judge away from such power position is amazing. He's been moved just as a negotiator, no more of him meddling into scouting.

I won't get ahead of myself with Harry. Sure in the last month he was really good, but also some of the mistakes are on to him as well. But he really improved, lets hope we don't jinx him and he continues in this form. Still way too much of silly goals and defending overall.

Also finally getting a football director ( thats how they called it, right?) and moving Judge away from such power position is amazing. He's been moved just as a negotiator, no more of him meddling into scouting.
Yes let’s not jinx it lol. It was also pointed out after the WH match. That against Milan and WH our defence was higher at set plays and Maguire was no longer dropping back first as soon as the cross came in

🚫 “There is no truth in it [that Van de Beek wants to return to Ajax].”

🙏 “He has not asked Man United to leave, he’s focussing on his injury.”

🥰 “Donny’s so happy at Utd as it’s one of the best clubs he’s worked at.”

Ronald de Boer says Donny van de Beek is happy at #MUFC after recent talks.

Rashford on shoulder injury
"To be honest, I just focus on the next game in and and that's how I deal with it at the minute. "What's needed after, we'll deal with it when the season ends and I'll focus on being available for the team."

Solskjaer on Pogba, VDB and team news
"There's a couple we need to assess. Martial is a definite no-go, others we need to speak and decide when we travel, still needing to confirm whether they're available."

"There's always speculation here. They've been involved with the training session. Let's see tomorrow whether there's any reaction or not. Donny has been working really hard to get back available for the latter stages of the season now. That's our focus."

More on injuries and De Gea
"Shola [Shoretire] will be playing for the Under-23s, so we felt that was right for him. Eric [Bailly] is being assessed.

"And with regards to the decision-making on what team we're going to play, let's see how everyone feels tomorrow."

Solskjaer on Dalot future
"The plan was always for Diogo this season, the main thing was him to be fit. He never managed to be fit for a long spell when he was here, unfortunate with injuries.

"He's now playing for a big club, he's been available for them, so it's been a good year for him. I've been very pleased with his development this season. He's our player and we're looking forward to having him back."

Solskjaer on Cavani
"Edinson has trained for a couple of days now and we're still assessing him. When he's in and around the club, his experience and influence on others is great. He always tries to help everyone.

"And when it comes to a game, the lads look to him. Hopefully there's no reaction to the training he's had and he'll be available."

Yes let’s not jinx it lol. It was also pointed out after the WH match. That against Milan and WH our defence was higher at set plays and Maguire was no longer dropping back first as soon as the cross came in
He was, but he was keeping them off side, that's the key part. If he can continue doing that, then it's fine.

No doubt in that. Player side for sure, on football tactical style played not so much .
I'm all in for entertaining football, but it rarely wins you trophies. Dunno if you catched RM vs Atalanta couple of days ago. It would have seemed that Atalanta is on pair with RM, yet RM pragmatic style mixed with Atalanta's over eagerness scored them easy an win.

After seeing the team earlier, I stuck €20 on Milan to win 2-1, greenwood to score in 90 and also Greenwood to have 3 or more shots.
102/1

Fred, McTominey and Especially Fernandes should be ashamed that half! We are playing with literally no midfield.