The Manchester United Thread

Simon Stone

@sistoney67

Talks underway between @ManUtd + Eric Bailly over new deal. OGS: "We have started talking. Eric is keeping fitter for longer + I have been very happy with him. His playing style has made him miss too many game. 100 games is not enough for the period that he has been here. We are changing things with him."

Utd 1-0 up just before half time. Absolute banger from Noam Emeran. Was one heck of a scuffle in the Utd box about 5 players booked lol.

Wow that second half was a demolition and some pure football ***! 6-0 in the end. Emeran and Garnacho with 2 each then Hoogerwerf and McNeil with one a piece. Hansen Aaroen looks and plays like and Odegaard clone

Outstanding performance. Emeran, Hoogewerf and Hansen-Aaroen completely ran the show, Hansen-Aaroen in particular was a cut above, looks an excellent talent. With a little bit of end product Hoogewerf could be a great player. McNeill and Garnacho both played really well, on a different day McNeill has a hat trick. I'm really liking the look of McNeill so far.

Little shout out to Bjorn hardley and 15 year old Louis Jackson who swept up everything in our half all game, their distribution was excellent. Everyone played very well today, a very enjoyable team performance.

Wow that second half was a demolition and some pure football ***! 6-0 in the end. Emeran and Garnacho with 2 each then Hoogerwerf and McNeil with one a piece. Hansen Aaroen looks and plays like and Odegaard clone

Outstanding performance. Emeran, Hoogewerf and Hansen-Aaroen completely ran the show, Hansen-Aaroen in particular was a cut above, looks an excellent talent. With a little bit of end product Hoogewerf could be a great player. McNeill and Garnacho both played really well, on a different day McNeill has a hat trick. I'm really liking the look of McNeill so far.

Little shout out to Bjorn hardley and 15 year old Louis Jackson who swept up everything in our half all game, their distribution was excellent. Everyone played very well today, a very enjoyable team performance.
now if only the first team could play aswell

now if only the first team could play aswell
Yes lol. Tbh our u18s are head and shoulders talent wise I would say of just about anything else at that age group. Even at U23s if everyone is available. Now we need to start seeing some of them come through.

I think today is pretty massive game for top 4 race, if we win then can't see us dropping out. But if West Ham win, it kinda throws everything open because they'll only be 3 points behind us and with a game in hand.

I'm not all that confident, how can we be with our predicted lineup due to injuries? But I feel Moyes won't allow them to REALLY go for it, so we may be ok.

I think today is pretty massive game for top 4 race, if we win then can't see us dropping out. But if West Ham win, it kinda throws everything open because they'll only be 3 points behind us and with a game in hand.

I'm not all that confident, how can we be with our predicted lineup due to injuries? But I feel Moyes won't allow them to REALLY go for it, so we may be ok.
Yep big game. Results have gone our way so far this weekend. Agree CL security would almost be done with a win. Gotta grind it out any old how with injuries till we get some back.

Cant see any youth being promoted as the academy is in dire state with injuries, loans. Heck some players that played on Friday night for the u23s even played for the u18s on Saturday.

What’s your thoughts mate on Bailly getting a contract extension. Read he’s getting a longer contract with no pay increase. IF that’s true I honestly don’t mind. We are clearly going to buy one this summer as first choice. So that would leave us with say Maguire, Kounde, Linderlof, Bailly, Tuanzebe for next season with hopefully Jones out the door?

United giving a new contract to an injury-prone player like Bailly? Nothing to be shocked about but I'm not really a fan of it. He's played 100 games in like 4/5 years, in the same time Pogba has played 195 roughly and Pogba himself misses a month or two virtually every season.

Last edited:
United giving a new contract to an injury-prone player like Bailly? Nothing to be shocked about but I'm not really a fan of it. He's played 100 games in like 4/5 years, in the same time Pogba has played 195 roughly and he himself misses a month or two virtually every season.
Yeah normally I would agree and not be to happy but he’s been very good this season and if managed rightly like Spurs did with Ledley King he can be a very good squad option. Especially if he’s not taking a pay increase. If he doesn’t work out least we can get some sort of fee instead of him leaving for nothing. I just want Jones gone lol.

Yeah normally I would agree and not be to happy but he’s been very good this season and if managed rightly like Spurs did with Ledley King he can be a very good squad option. Especially if he’s not taking a pay increase. If he doesn’t work out least we can get some sort of fee instead of him leaving for nothing. I just want Jones gone lol.

You summed it up right there mate, we know that's the real reason behind our thinking!

You summed it up right there mate, we know that's the real reason behind our thinking!
Yeah no doubt mate that will play a big part in it and understandably so in these times when clubs are haemorrhaging money. But I also think Ole has managed him well and thinks he can be a good player for us. Which tbh he’s most probably our best CB.