The Manchester United Thread

Am I correct in saying Eric Bailey has missed 104 games since we signed him?

What in the name of electrified excrement are we offering him a new improved contract for?

Am I correct in saying Eric Bailey has missed 104 games since we signed him?

What in the name of electrified excrement are we offering him a new improved contract for?

I also don't get why he feels like he'll never get first team football...lad, you miss more games than Werner misses open goals. I don't really get that.

So happy Rashford has returned to Utd to recover! Also happy Bruno only played 45 mins the other night for Portugal

Solskjaer getting a new contract regardless of what happens with the remainder of this season, kinda sums up where we are as a club and the owners we have imo. We're just a glorified Arsenal now, happy with top 4 and no real ambition to do much else lets be honest.

Yes we've made progress in the league in terms of points, but we still won't ever win the league with Solskjaer. I've got serious doubts we'll even win the Europa League.

Solskjaer getting a new contract regardless of what happens with the remainder of this season, kinda sums up where we are as a club and the owners we have imo. We're just a glorified Arsenal now, happy with top 4 and no real ambition to do much else lets be honest.

Yes we've made progress in the league in terms of points, but we still won't ever win the league with Solskjaer. I've got serious doubts we'll even win the Europa League.
saving this post for future reference 😋

Love him or hate him, I still believe Solskjaer is just a yes man for the Glazers and they will ride him for ALL he's worth. Simply put they won't sack him until they absolutely have to. All they care about is revenue from top 4, nothing else at all.

There has been progress in terms of points and results in the league, but they are trying to sell it like some massive achievement on the way to something bigger that annoys me. The style of football is not much better than Mourinho(this season), in fact I'd argue if you compare to how we were playing at this stage last season to right now we're actually worse.

I think the league this season has largely been gash anyway if you take away City, what else really has been a rival to us? Liverpool falling off a cliff was unexpected and most teams like Wolves have fell off as well. Chelsea under Lampard... I could go on. Progress needs to be put in perspective to see whether it really is progress imo.

There’s been factual progress there’s no denying it.

Ole is doing a good job IMO not great though. He took over at a time where squad morale was at an all time low. We were 6th and 11 points off 4th. Since then he has cleared much of the deadwood and we are 2nd, 6 points above 4th. We got knocked out at the Semi Final stage of the league cup to a better side, two years running and the loss to Sevilla still annoys me to this day. Had more than enough chances to win it when we dominated then just after second half. We are undefeated away from home in the Premier League for over a year. We are the second highest scorers in the league this season. Maybe if we had a Champions League group as comfortable as Chelsea's or City's we would still be in that competition too (still shouldn’t have blown it mind!). As it is, we have every chance of winning the Europa League. We are still not the finished article a way off it, but until all signs of progress have been diminished, Ole will rightfully be backed.

What do we think about Jonas Wind? The Denmark and Copenhagen striker?

Never heard of him lol
Really? He even played against United last? year.
Strong, tall, decent in air, two footed and real fox in the box. I would think he wouldn't cost a fortune and he's 22. Maybe it's worth to get him as a backup striker

Really? He even played against United last? year.
Strong, tall, decent in air, two footed and real fox in the box. I would think he wouldn't cost a fortune and he's 22. Maybe it's worth to get him as a backup striker
Honestly can’t remember mate. I like the look of that str at Salzburg Daka 👍🏼

Honestly can’t remember mate. I like the look of that str at Salzburg Daka 👍🏼
It wasnt a game to remember. I'm remembering it for different reasons lol.
Yeah, Daka seems really good and would cost a bomb. And no way United is paying bomb for a striker unless your name is Haaland and/or Martial leaves.

It wasnt a game to remember. I'm remembering it for different reasons lol.
Yeah, Daka seems really good and would cost a bomb. And no way United is paying bomb for a striker unless your name is Haaland and/or Martial leaves.
Seen quotes to Dortmund and Juve around 35m£. Salzburg don’t tend to sell for huge fees as it’s not part of there model. Tempt in hot prospects with the promise of first team footy at a good level. And agree to sell for if a good offer comes in while not overcharging and putting off buyers and making the players stay.

There’s been factual progress there’s no denying it.

Ole is doing a good job IMO not great though. He took over at a time where squad morale was at an all time low. We were 6th and 11 points off 4th. Since then he has cleared much of the deadwood and we are 2nd, 6 points above 4th. We got knocked out at the Semi Final stage of the league cup to a better side, two years running and the loss to Sevilla still annoys me to this day. Had more than enough chances to win it when we dominated then just after second half. We are undefeated away from home in the Premier League for over a year. We are the second highest scorers in the league this season. Maybe if we had a Champions League group as comfortable as Chelsea's or City's we would still be in that competition too (still shouldn’t have blown it mind!). As it is, we have every chance of winning the Europa League. We are still not the finished article a way off it, but until all signs of progress have been diminished, Ole will rightfully be backed.

We did choke tho. Imagine beating PSG away from home while romping RB Leipzig 5-0 and then still crashing out of the group. I mean, that's almost inconceivable considering we only needed a point from Bashakeir away, PSG at home and RB Leipzig away.

We did choke tho. Imagine beating PSG away from home while romping RB Leipzig 5-0 and then still crashing out of the group. I mean, that's almost inconceivable considering we only needed a point from Bashakeir away, PSG at home and RB Leipzig away.
Agree totally not good enough. Especially that Bashakeir result. When we missed some absolute sitters. You can’t blame that on Ole though. You could say he should of played his best team from the start and not started Tuanzebe, Matic, Mata, VdB. Then making weird subs like TFM, McTominey when we was chasing a goal. Can’t blame him for try to rotate I guess especially as we are the only top team in Europe that’s played twice a week since the season started and played more matches than anyone in Europe. Still not good enough mind.

Personally I don’t mind his new contract.Theyshould of just waited till the end of the season to announce it to the public.

Apparently the safe standing area for 1500 is now complete at Old Trafford ready for trial as soon as fans are allowed back in.

Seen quotes to Dortmund and Juve around 35m£. Salzburg don’t tend to sell for huge fees as it’s not part of there model. Tempt in hot prospects with the promise of first team footy at a good level. And agree to sell for if a good offer comes in while not overcharging and putting off buyers and making the players stay.
Still a relatively good chunk if the quoted 75-100m budget for the Summer transfers is true.