The Manchester United Thread

Not really. Not saying he would even join tbh with other suitors after him. But saying his farther would scupper a move based on something all those years ago you could call naive also.

I wasn’t referring to the Keane disgrace.

More it would finish him at Leeds and City. Where he's a legend at both clubs.

Just like the absolute clickbait farce of Sancho last summer, thats never happening.

I wasn’t referring to the Keane disgrace.

More it would finish him at Leeds and City. Where he's a legend at both clubs.

Just like the absolute clickbait farce of Sancho last summer, thats never happening.
So if his son goes to Utd. He will no longer be a legend himself at Leeds or City 😂 says a lot about both sets of fans then tbh.

..... says a lot about both sets of fans then tbh.

*Football fans in general across the board.

It rarely happens with L’pool and Utd as there’s been no direct transfer between the 2 clubs for 57 years now and counting. But Ince and Owen completely tarnished themselves with each respective fanbase by later joining the other club.

In general, football turns reasonable people into immature knobheads. And that is at ridiculous levels now with SM.

The abuse Haaland would get doesn’t bear thinking about. That's the sad reality of life.

Last edited:
180 million is an absurd price anyway, for all the hype about Haaland you would think he bangs a hat-trick every game - in fact he has 21 goals which is still good, but hardly unusual for a striker at a decent club in this stage of the season.

Kid is certainly going to be a star but that kind of transfer fee is crazy.

180 million is an absurd price anyway, for all the hype about Haaland you would think he bangs a hat-trick every game - in fact he has 21 goals which is still good, but hardly unusual for a striker at a decent club in this stage of the season.

Kid is certainly going to be a star but that kind of transfer fee is crazy.
Am I the only one that doesn't see what everyone else is seeing. Sure he bangs in lots of goals (Bundesliga has one of the worst defending I've seen in the top 5 leagues) but there isn't something about his game that makes me stand up and go wow that's a generational talent there e.g Mbappe. His first touch is a bit iffy and the Dortmund team is built around getting him the ball but apart from his goalscoring I cant quite put my finger on what is so special about him. Weve had many wonderkinds over the past 20-25 years come and go but from a purely football perspective he doesn't quite measure up (Apart from banging in goals) but how much is that down to him or down to the way Dortmund set up?

I just noticed that Wan bissaka has never actually featured for the senior team. Why would you not want the best 1v1 defender in football at your disposal in a tournament scenario. Southgate I swear is useless.
I think it's all down to his formation I think. Southgate favors the use of wing backs in the back 3/5 formation and AWB isn't a wing back.

He does the all important thing and puts the ball in the back of the net mega constantly. Goal scorers will always be top dollar especially ones as good as him finding the net. But the price is crazy.

Am I the only one that doesn't see what everyone else is seeing. Sure he bangs in lots of goals (Bundesliga has one of the worst defending I've seen in the top 5 leagues) but there isn't something about his game that makes me stand up and go wow that's a generational talent there e.g Mbappe. His first touch is a bit iffy and the Dortmund team is built around getting him the ball but apart from his goalscoring I cant quite put my finger on what is so special about him. Weve had many wonderkinds over the past 20-25 years come and go but from a purely football perspective he doesn't quite measure up (Apart from banging in goals) but how much is that down to him or down to the way Dortmund set up?
Thing is he's doing it at every level. Bundesliga, CL and for Norway. Kid is goalmachine and really well rounded as a striker. For me he's the closest thing to someone like Ruud van Nistelrooy. But at that price tag and with his agent it's a big doubt for no-no for me.

Thing is he's doing it at every level. Bundesliga, CL and for Norway. Kid is goalmachine and really well rounded as a striker. For me he's the closest thing to someone like Ruud van Nistelrooy. But at that price tag and with his agent it's a big doubt for no-no for me.
Got a bit of Ruud and Lewa about him.

Got a bit of Ruud and Lewa about him.
Don't get me wrong he will probably be the next great goalscorer but let's see if he can step up because for me the level of defending in the Bundesliga has taken a nosedive the past couple of years. He isn't well-rounded for me. Yet. He is lazy when pressing and his link-up play is hit and miss but like you said he keeps on improving every time. Remember the group stage game he played against Liverpool and he was hyped back then as well but all I remember was a big oaf chasing after his first touch and then bam 5 mins later he had scored. I want to see if he can adapt his game to being more than just a goalscorer because at the very highest level that is not enough.

..... (Bundesliga has one of the worst defending I've seen in the top 5 leagues) .....

If its honestly worse than the current, abject standard through the single worst PL season theres been to date, and most farcical in English top flight history; I dread to think how bad the Germans have had it?

If its honestly worse than the current, abject standard through the single worst PL season theres been to date, and most farcical in English top flight history; I dread to think how bad the Germans have had it?
Yes. It is worse than that believe me...

Don't get me wrong, Halaand definitely looks unplayable at times, but you never know with lads who are so gifted athletically if they can up their game beyond just relying on physicality.

Don't get me wrong he will probably be the next great goalscorer but let's see if he can step up because for me the level of defending in the Bundesliga has taken a nosedive the past couple of years. He isn't well-rounded for me. Yet. He is lazy when pressing and his link-up play is hit and miss but like you said he keeps on improving every time. Remember the group stage game he played against Liverpool and he was hyped back then as well but all I remember was a big oaf chasing after his first touch and then bam 5 mins later he had scored. I want to see if he can adapt his game to being more than just a goalscorer because at the very highest level that is not enough.
Haaland is anything but lazy. Sure, he's not the most creative player, but he's way more than just a pure goalscorer.
And he IS playing at the highest level. It's not like he's at some mediocre club. Dortmund might not be the top, top team, but it's till a huge one.

jb8521
@jb_8521

Paul Pogba sending him a congratulatory message on Instagram

The mark of a true world class player.

Flanked by 3 photographers, tightly marked by 2 personal assistants and a hairdresser, Pogba achieved the unthinkable and in a dazzling flash of skill, pulled his iphone from his pocket and with one eye on the mirror unleashed a volley of insta posts which included an incredible congratulatory message to a young player.
Klopp and Pep take note... The future is now!! The future is PAUL POGBA.

The mark of a true world class player.

Flanked by 3 photographers, tightly marked by 2 personal assistants and a hairdresser, Pogba achieved the unthinkable and in a dazzling flash of skill, pulled his iphone from his pocket and with one eye on the mirror unleashed a volley of insta posts which included an incredible congratulatory message to a young player.
Klopp and Pep take note... The future is now!! The future is PAUL POGBA.
That’s made my ****** Monday morning mate 😂

Haaland is basically a Ruud Van Nistelrooy regen who's more athletic. Doesn't offer much outside the box but his off the ball movement is superb and is very clinical.