The Manchester United Thread

Doubt it is funny from his side.If you play so little for club there huge doubt getting sniff at national team. Where should he get his fitness up?

I'd be looking to move the first chance I got if I were him. Even stepping down back to the Netherlands or Portugal to then get a major move after that.

His career has just stalled. Badly advised. Presumably through money.

I'd be looking to move the first chance I got if I were him. Even stepping down back to the Netherlands or Portugal to then get a major move after that.

His career has just stalled. Badly advised. Presumably through money.
Dont think it was only money. We can see caps and possible open spots in Manchester midfield that maybe was the motivator and promises.

I would take him with open arms. He would rec havoc with his movement and Bielsa teaching. But I hope we go more after de Paul like we tried last summer. We need creative maestro in our squad.

Just another example of the scatter-gun, really poor recruitment at Utd with no actual plan involved as to where a player fits.

Buy the big name (which was an unneeded panic to make-up for the Sancho embarrassment), and worry about the consequences later.

I like Fernandes a lot mate. Just think van de Baek is a far better all-round footballer personally.

As mentioned, in a different scenario, if Wijnaldum were to leave L'pool, van de Baek would be the perfect replacement above most any other midfielder in Europe.

Far better footballer? Okay mate, let's agree to disagree on that. One would say they're different type of players that play in the same position. What I will agree on is VdB has the better footballing brain but Fernandes is no slouch in that regards.

I also don't believe it was all scatter gun. OGS originally wanted Grealish (along with Sancho) however the board were unwilling to pay £80 million for him (thank **** they didn't) so they gave him VdB instead.

Doubt it is funny from his side.If you play so little for club there huge doubt getting sniff at national team. Where should he get his fitness up?
Apparently this was starting to happen already. But it’s certainly won’t help his cause!

You doubtless won't agree mate as you've some mad notion (to me) that Solksjaer is actually a competent coach. But for me, van de Baek is completely stifled by the massive limitations of his manager not having a clue how to play him. And it's setting his career back immensely.

He's Utd's best midfielder by far me (Fernandes included) and I'd have him at Anfield in a heartbeat.

Utd are SO limited in how they play under Solksjaer when if he had any kind of intuition/ guts, he has the perfect, World-class midfielder in the making there that could literally run games himself. Presses madly. Superb range of pass. Gets beyond the forwards. Brilliant on the ball. You just can't get it off him. Scandalous movement. Super intelligent footballer..... He's the only Utd player that remotely comes close to walking into our best XI and would be the perfect Wijnaldum replacement if he were to indeed leave.

He was the best player in that Ajax side that should have played L'pool in Madrid in 2019 who's been completely wasted at Utd under the PE teacher

A panic signing after the absolute ____show carnage of Sancho who Utd don't have a clue what to do with. When he should be the cornerstone of any United future progression.
I actually agree with some of this but not the bits about Fernandes. And I think you massively **** on Ole way out tbh. But hey that’s your choice.

With DvB hopefully next season is completely different for him. Hopefully Ole gets the CB he wants and we won’t have to have the 2 shirked playing all the time and then we will see Donny at his best.

With DvB hopefully next season is completely different for him. Hopefully Ole gets the CB he wants and we won’t have to have the 2 shirked playing all the time and then we will see Donny at his best.

People say let's buy a CB but imo, getting a proper CDM is a slightly bigger priority for me.

Ideally, Ndid would be my dream signing as he can pretty much slot effortlessly in a 4-1-4-1 formation. I can then see Bruno and VdB slotting right in front of him

People say let's buy a CB but imo, getting a proper CDM is a slightly bigger priority for me.

Ideally, Ndid would be my dream signing as he can pretty much slot effortlessly in a 4-1-4-1 formation. I can then see Bruno and VdB slotting right in front of him
There won't be a new midfielder unless one of McTominay/Fred/Pogba leaves.

If it’s anyone it will be Garner coming back and Mejbri being promoted
McTominay/Fred should share minutes. Matić should completely be phased out. Fernandes is a machine and he pretty much plays every game, so you don't really need a bona fide backup player for him. Those 4-5 games he gets rest during the season someone else should be able to fill in. That leaves one CM spot which - if he stays - its Pogba's (untill he goes on a strike again). Then you have Donny and one of McTominay/Fred as a rotational players, with Matić as a backup way down in order.
I believe Garner will get another loan unless someone leaves. I would like to see Mejbri getting some minutes as well, he's way to good for u23, let alone u18.

Donny van de Beek was the subject of approaches in January with interest from clubs in Italy, Germany and Spain. #mufc batted away enquiries and Van de Beek had interest in hearing what clubs had to offer #mulive [@TelegraphDucker]

Donny van de Beek’s future could be influenced by what happens with Paul Pogba. He was signed partly in anticipation of Pogba leaving #mufc this summer #mulive [@TelegraphDucker]

Sources close to Donny van de Beek say he agreed to join #mufc in full knowledge that Pogba & Bruno would be difficult to dislodge, was aware the transition would not be easy and that he isn't someone to run from a challenge at the first sign of trouble #mulive [@TelegraphDucker]

Been a good international break for us. Rashford, Fred, AWB, Greenwood, Bailly, Fernandes all had a rest. Pogba and VdB got some much needed fitness in. And the players that did feature all played well. Providing Linderlof and Martial come through today we will have a fully strength squad to pick from according to Ole.

Donny van de Beek was the subject of approaches in January with interest from clubs in Italy, Germany and Spain. #mufc batted away enquiries and Van de Beek had interest in hearing what clubs had to offer #mulive [@TelegraphDucker]

Donny van de Beek’s future could be influenced by what happens with Paul Pogba. He was signed partly in anticipation of Pogba leaving #mufc this summer #mulive [@TelegraphDucker]

Sources close to Donny van de Beek say he agreed to join #mufc in full knowledge that Pogba & Bruno would be difficult to dislodge, was aware the transition would not be easy and that he isn't someone to run from a challenge at the first sign of trouble #mulive [@TelegraphDucker]
I mean...even when pogba was injured for 3 months, he still found game time difficult to come by

#mufc XI vs Liverpool: 1. Vitek 2. Hughes 3. Pye 4. Fernandez 5. Fish 6. Savage 7. Shoretire 8. Svidersky 9. Hugill 10. McNeill 11. Hannibal

SUBS 12. Jurado 13. Mee 14. Hoogewerf 15. Hansen-Aaroen 16. Forson 17. Emeran 18. Wellens