The Manchester United Thread

Joel Glazer, the club's co-chairman, will join the Manchester United Fans’ Forum on Friday 4 June.

Joel said:
“I am looking forward to the meeting with the Fans’ Forum to hear their views and be part of a constructive discussion. I firmly believe that this can open a new era of positive dialogue and co-operation between the club and the fans.”

Yeah seems like a natural bounce to me. And I'm not sure if I would use the word "honesty" to describe a player who drops down and screams like he was bombed with napalm 'when opposing player gets closer than 10 meters.
Tbf, he said "honesty" with regard to the context of his assist.

Shaun Logan
@shaunlogan10
·
May 18, 2021
Was thrown to Luke in a good manner. Nothing aggressive. Was told by the Stewards I’m facing a 3 year ban. All paid up for Gdańsk next week and this looks like it could be the end of the road for me. Was a peaceful gesture that was taken out of context. Luke shaw laughed...🇾🇪

Jimmy McBride
@jimmymcbride1
Lad who threw the green & gold scarf on to @LukeShaw23 when he was taking the corner got hauled out by the security just after the goal ... wouldn’t mind Luke was laughing & so where half the stewards around the pitch it’s not like it was anything that could cause him any harm ☹

Luke Shaw
@LukeShaw23
I understand completely, first match back at old Trafford , emotions are high. I know there was nothing aggressive towards what you did. I will try my best to speak with someone and sort it out 👍🏽

See what happens when you F with 'YSB!' in Florida?

So as per Ducker and Whitwell Utds summer business will be.

Possible outgoings: Joel, Grant, Romero, Jones, Mata, Matic, Lingard, Dalot, Peirera. Then 1 of DDG/Henderson likely DDG.

Incomings also dependant on sales freed wages: Sancho main marquee signing fee between 70-80m, Trippier cheap back up to AWB fee around 15-17m, Rice with Lingard possibly going the other way, 1 of Varane main target CB then Kounde or Torres, And Talks already in the final stages for Tom Heaton on a free to be No2 GK.

Varane will be expensive, around 60 Mn. for a CB who is 29. And he has not been truly elite at RM, that would be Ramos. Dunno.

And why Rice? If we want a full-blown DM, then surely we should be in for Ndidi, who is much better (and probably cheaper). OR Camavinga, although inexperienced.

And if our budget only allows for one marquee signing, then no way is Rice arriving. West Ham will demand north of 90 Mn for Rice, which is an insane fee to pay.

Bit of team news. Dan James will feature on Sunday after returning from injury. Martial is training to be ready for the final and there’s a slim chance of Maguire being fit now he’s doing work after his boot has been removed. Ole also said some youngsters will feature in a very changed 11 as to not risk players for the final.

Laurie Whitwell
@lauriewhitwell
Solskjaer on transfers: "It is an ongoing process that’s well underway, looking at the squad, players who might stay, who might leave. I hope we strengthen with the three or four we definitely need to challenge higher up in the table. We are still too far behind to think it will come by itself." #MUFC

Simon Stone
@sistoney67
OGS says decsion re Juan Mata's future won't be taken until after season is finished.

We've had a few players on loan that might come back in, there is interest in a few others, maybe going out. But you want to come out of the transfer window strengthened and it might be we allow some players to go out and gain experience, come back stronger for it. Apart from that, it's difficult to say.