The Manchester United Thread

Do live your life in a computer game?? :ROFLMAO:
No why? 3 transfers hardly 100s of millions and goes with our transfer history from past windows. Heatons a free and Trippier is entering the last year of his contract which expires next summer. Hardly un realistic especially with funds raised from sales and freed wages. I will be surprised if we have a total spend of about 80m after the window.

Great interview. Will make Scouse happy to

I’d have enjoyed that (The two faced shithouse interviewer aside) regardless of his kind words on L’pool. Always fascinating to listen to the methods/ thoughts/ psychology behind all time greats.

The mutual respect between the clubs that people rarely want to openly acknowledge just topped it off.

Boss little watch that ta.

I’d have enjoyed that (The two faced shithouse interviewer aside) regardless of his kind words on L’pool. Always fascinating to listen to the methods/ thoughts/ psychology behind all time greats.

The mutual respect between the clubs that people rarely want to openly acknowledge just topped it off.

Boss little watch that ta.
Yeah true. No matter what is said or my feelings towards Liverpool as a rival fan. The respect for the club as a whole is always there. I could honestly listen and read about Fergie forever lol. So engaging and the way he used to do things was very different from a lot of mangers at the time.

Feelings mutual on both Utd and Ferguson.

Although I will be rooting hard for the absolutely daft but real likeable Alby Moreno and his Villarreal compadres next Wednesday you'll understand. 😉

Seeing a lot of rumours linking us to Kane. Honestly, one player we shouldn't be going anywhere near this year. Wildly expensive and his injury record is questionable (playing literally every single game could probably cause that to happen). Ronaldo is another player that we shouldn't going near (lots of rumours, again). While he is elite and would bring that mentality and professionalism to the squad, we would still lose fluidity on the pitch as Ronaldo's game means everything has to flow through him, slowing our play down (unlike Cavani, who runs his socks off).

Honestly, need to focus our business on a RW, CB and a CM/DM. Sancho would be the dream (and could possibly be more realistic than last year) - but either ways, this is a priority. Then, get in a CB (Torres/Kounde) and a DM (not Rice - quite like Bissouma this season and he would be cheaper).

Pogba's future also needs deciding and it's important it get sorted, either way. PSG will be the only club who will be able to afford his wages in this situation, I think. Not too fussed with losing him this season, but his creativity and link-up play needs to be replaced.

Nuno has decided to leave Wolves - could be a long shot, but Neves could be worth a shout, if Pogba leaves. Honestly, I've always viewed him as a player in the Carrick mould, and he would be a really good addition.

Seeing a lot of rumours linking us to Kane. Honestly, one player we shouldn't be going anywhere near this year. Wildly expensive and his injury record is questionable (playing literally every single game could probably cause that to happen). .....

With three years left on his contract, and a ridiculous fee on his head down to that, I highly doubt he’s leaving Tottenham so iit won’t be an issue mate. Levy holds ALL the cards here.

As a side note, ANY self-respectful club would drop him totally tomorrow after that disgrace on the golf course with Neville.

But Tottenham never have been that so he’ll be captaining them at Leicester.

joke.com

Last edited:
From anyone half decent in regards to Utd news in the past. There is absolutely no chance of Utd going for Kane. Especially how hard Ole had to convince Cavani to stay for another year. Haaland is Ole main STR target next summer.

Sancho, CB, RB are the main targets with Pogba moving back into CM and more game time for by VDB next season. Sounds like Pogba will sign if we win the Europa and the signing of Sancho together means a CM isn’t a priority.

The feeling round the club if Pogba doesn’t win the Europa and sign he will run down his contract.

Like I said earlier Sancho, one of Varane Kounde Torres, Tripier an Heaton. With a few young talents coming in again.

Sancho, CB, RB are the main targets with Pogba moving back into CM and more game time for by VDB next season. Sounds like Pogba will sign if we win the Europa and the signing of Sancho together means a CM isn’t a priority.
How exactly? The whole discussion ranges around finding a midfielder who can do the McFred role, not a creator. Apples and Oranges comparision there. You were the one who was stating the importance of a DM/CM earlier on here, what suddenly changed? We still don't have a defensive player to take control so that Pogba can be played in a 2 man midfield. I don't like Pogba playing on the left, causes an imbalance compared to the direct running of Rashford, and McFred pivot means our midfield lacks creativity.

How exactly? The whole discussion ranges around finding a midfielder who can do the McFred role, not a creator. Apples and Oranges comparision there. You were the one who was stating the importance of a DM/CM earlier on here, what suddenly changed? We still don't have a defensive player to take control so that Pogba can be played in a 2 man midfield. I don't like Pogba playing on the left, causes an imbalance compared to the direct running of Rashford, and McFred pivot means our midfield lacks creativity.
It doesn’t matter what I think and nothing has changed in my regards as per a DM being needed mate. But it’s clear it’s not a priority this summer. A RW and a good CB partner will solve a phew issues in the squad and balance. Fred and Pogba have actually played well together in CM and have a good win %. I can see Garner being eased into that creative DM pivot role over the next year or 2.

I predict next season we will be lining up something along the lines of

DDG/Henderson

AWB- Kounde-Maguire-Shaw
Fred-Pogba
Sancho-Bruno-Rashford
Cavani

A lot better than this seasons most started 11. Then the likes of Heaton, Tripier, Telles, Linderlof, Bailly, Tuanzebe, McTominey, VDB, Garner, Greenwood, Martial, James, Diallo making up the squad.

Then Ole having to make a decision on the likes of Laird, Williams, Levitt, Chong, Pillestri, Dalot, Elanga, Shortire, Mejbri being in the squad or out on loan

It doesn’t matter what I think and nothing has changed in my regards as per a DM being needed mate. But it’s clear it’s not a priority this summer. A RW and a good CB partner will solve a phew issues in the squad and balance. Fred and Pogba have actually played well together in CM and have a good win %. I can see Garner being eased into that creative DM pivot role over the next year or 2.

I predict next season we will be lining up something along the lines of

DDG/Henderson

AWB- Kounde-Maguire-Shaw
Fred-Pogba
Sancho-Bruno-Rashford
Cavani

A lot better than this seasons most started 11. Then the likes of Heaton, Tripier, Telles, Linderlof, Bailly, Tuanzebe, McTominey, VDB, Garner, Greenwood, Martial, James, Diallo making up the squad.

Then Ole having to make a decision on the likes of Laird, Williams, Levitt, Chong, Pillestri, Dalot, Elanga, Shortire, Mejbri being in the squad or out on loan

We still need a better DM and I doubt Pogba will be here next season.

We still need a better DM and I doubt Pogba will be here next season.
Noone (bar maybe PSG) has the purchasing power to get Pogba (in terms of transfer fee and wages). My guess is that we will end up giving him a ridiculous contract and he stays.

We definitely need a proper DM if we have to play Pogba in CM (which itself is necessary, as McFred is woefully short of creativity). Otherwise, if Pogba goes, pair Fred with someone who is decent defensively but can make line-breaking passes (Neves) and it could work. Any other midfielders like Pogba (SMS, Grealish) will still require a DM style player as they prefer to carry the ball to advanced areas.

On the topic of Fred, this was an interesting article sometime back summing up his qualities.

I honestly think he would decent at the base of a 3-man midfield in the Fernandinho role. Granted, his passing is erratic (improving now) and tackling is hit or miss, but his interceptions are rather good and he has the atheticism to observe and position himself better. In a 2 man midfield, those qualities alone just don't work.