The Manchester United Thread

Good shout. Don’t get any of the hype around Milenkovic! Don’t get this myth either that he’s some Ariel beast 🤷🏻‍♂️
I don't think there's much of a hype around Milenkovic. That was his agent trying to stir some interest since he aint signing new contract at Viole.
Pavlovic even played against United when he was 17, in EL against Partizan. However he's yet to prove himself on higher level since Serbian Super Liga is worse than Championship.

Just because I've just gone on to YouTube for a mooch and this was the first suggestion.

The first 3-3-

I was listening to an Argentine journalist on a pod who's apparently close to him, just prior to him taking the PSG job. And he was suggesting Pochtino and Jesus were just waiting to find the perfect fit to tide them over for the long game of Anfield.

Which, 1) They F up massively if they thought Paris was that. And 2) I wouldn't fancy his chances of our job down the line.

It was a headscratcher?
Also, I feel the PSG gig is/was weird provided the owners have shown their lack of patience time and time again.

I'm not sure about Ten-Haag. Think he suits a team like Barca/City more than us. Plus, right now, he walked into a team with Ajax who are stylistically and ideologically built to play a certain way (like Barca earlier). Dunno if he would be able to go and impose that sort of play elsewhere/mould different players into the playing style.

Poch would still be the dream post Ole (and lets be honest, he has stabilised the club from LvG/Mou and cleared out a lot of players. If not Poch, I would have said Nagelsmann/Rose as both have been brilliant. Also, I know results haven't caught up with them, but Graham Potter is one more shout for a good playing style. But overall, Poch would be a good fit.

Since we were talking about tactics and managing a squad. Fergie's team tactics, broadly, in that crazy year. It is insane the kind of stuff he pulled off, which we take rather normally now.

There are two things I feel has been missing genuinely from almost all managers post Ferguson - a clear tactical thought through the squad (and building it accordingly) and the ability to improve players through training. I've been very critical of Ole for these exact same reasons previously too - and while I still am not convinced about his tactical nous (and it is criminal they haven't got in a coach in Ole's team who can help with that, if Ole can't himself), atleast there is some work in improving players (which is still not at the top level).

Part of the reason why I still really like Poch. Sure, his trophy record might not be the greatest, but he improved that Spurs squad so massively and made them genuine Top-4 contenders. Improving players that are already at the club is a must - felt that never happened much with LvG/Mourinho, while it is happening in bits and pieces under Ole (I mean, Shaw and wan Bissaka have improved and so has Rashford to an extent). Although, his squad management, atleast, is decent.

An annoying thing about all our hires is that all of our managers post Fergie have completely distinct (and almost opposing styles). Only thing I'm thankful for, is that the current squad (and potential targets, basis rumours) can play in multiple ways if coached (most of them, atleast). So, that atleast can be managed. But even then, Poch is still a completely different style to what we currently are playing if we do end up going for him later on, which will require a bedding in period, to say the least.

Disastrous end to the women’s FA cup campaign and Stoneys Utd career. Getting beat and played off the park by newly promoted Leicester. Team looked lost very emotional before kick off. And lacked intensity and fight which is never the case.

Huge off season for them to turn things around.

Manchester United Chief Scout in the Scandinavia region, Moller Nielsen confirmed the club’s interest in the young man (Kamaldeen Sulemana ) and described him as the best talent in Northern Europe.

According to Mike Verweij (podcast) who is tier 1 for Ajax related news. Man United are ready to outbid Ajax for Sulemana. So it will come down to the will of the player.

Kai Rooney, hat-trick

⚽️

⚽️

⚽️

and a hat-trick of assists in a 6-3 win for Manchester United U11’s A chip off the ol’ block

👏🏼

👏🏼

#Rooney @WayneRooney

Great news to have Dan James and Anthony Martial back for tomorrow and the seasons end. Also sounds like Mata will definitely be off from Ole presser.