The Manchester United Thread

Pellestri looks like a gem but I suspect he needs a loan or 2...perhaps to a pl/championship side
Yeah he looks quality. And was very good out on loan last season at Alves. Think he will end up there again for one more season.

Good 1-2 win dominated pretty much. And Grant should of saved there’s. Lingard unlucky hitting the bar.

Laurie Whitwell
@lauriewhitwell
Jesse Lingard playing well. Neat touches + positive intent. Very nearly a superb goal too. Cutting in + hitting a curler one of his strong moves.

Lingard's future? West Ham interested, but indications are he wants to fight for his place at #MUFC.

Wayne Rooney impressive post-match. Very difficult situation at #DCFC with inability to make signings unless takeover goes through.

On Teden Mengi: "He did excellent for us last season. He is a player I like. There is nothing I can do, I can't bring loan players in." #MUFC

Laurie Whitwell
@lauriewhitwell
Solskjaer on Pellistri: "I can see a loan deal for him, there's been loads of interest Spain, France, Germany, Premier + for his best interests would be what we look for."

Jonathan Shrager
@JonathanShrager
The only thing currently preventing the finalisation of Brandon Williams’s season-long move to Southampton is the loan fee being stipulated by #MUFC Should be done in the next days

Jonathan Shrager
@JonathanShrager
Lots of clubs are interested in taking Garner on loan from #MUFC
Swansea are very keen, and Nottingham Forest would also like to take him back for the season. United will wait until everyone is back training before making a decision, but the club will give James Garner a new contract. Seen as a future first teamer

Returning to Paris is not thought to appeal to Paul Pogba. It is expected that contract renewal discussions with #mufc will continue into the new season. Sources believe Pogba is open to staying, but he is set to 'survey the scene' first #mulive [@TheAthleticUK]

Be the perfect window!

In addition to Varane, Solskjær is keen to add Kieran Trippier to his squad and the club is also open to recruiting a midfielder. [Samuel Luckhurst, MEN]

If Ole wont get any title u think he will stay at helm after this kind of transfer window?
Will be dependant on how close he is points wise and how far he goes in the cups knowing our board. In theory he should defo be winning something this season. And what I want to see the most. Is better squad utilisation, no more silly set piece conceding was ridiculous last season! And a good start to the season. The last 2 starts have been *****.

Will be dependant on how close he is points wise and how far he goes in the cups knowing our board. In theory he should defo be winning something this season. And what I want to see the most. Is better squad utilisation, no more silly set piece conceding was ridiculous last season! And a good start to the season. The last 2 starts have been *****.
Nah, he should walk if we end up having another trophyless season (provided he signs Varane, tripper and a new DM). The squad, on paper, would have everything to compete for titles.

What the **** was the England team thinking!!! 😡😡😡 incredible he was still performing to such an elite level.

#mufc want to assess Luke Shaw’s fitness for the start of the season after he played at #EURO2020 with broken ribs. He suffered the injury against Germany but played through the pain barrier #mulive [@mcgrathmike]

Nah, he should walk if we end up having another trophyless season (provided he signs Varane, tripper and a new DM). The squad, on paper, would have everything to compete for titles.
Will be interesting to see how Ole wil cope with pressure and now tacticaly when I would say this summer sees biggest overhall to his first team players if CDM comes in. Sancho, Varane and probably new CDM have not played in PL and take time to adjust + many class players have shown first year might be rocky, added the fact that long season and Euros was behind us.

What the **** was the England team thinking!!! 😡😡😡 incredible he was still performing to such an elite level.

#mufc want to assess Luke Shaw’s fitness for the start of the season after he played at #EURO2020 with broken ribs. He suffered the injury against Germany but played through the pain barrier #mulive [@mcgrathmike]

But Southgate's the best they've ever had for caring about his players right?

Hasn't that been the narrative?