The Manchester United Thread

Varanes a huge upgrade over Linderlof. I really like Kounde also bit pricey though considering he’s still very inconsistent and the best games I’ve seen him as are at FB.

Despite all this, I still can't wrap my head around why RM would let their 2 starting CBs over the last decade walk in one summer. Quite the gamble considering they'd be left with Militao-Vallejo/nacho

Despite all this, I still can't wrap my head around why RM would let their 2 starting CBs over the last decade walk in one summer. Quite the gamble considering they'd be left with Militao-Vallejo/nacho
Both Spanish giants are a mess atm lol. Guess Alaba eases the woes. Think it’s mainly they want funds for Mbappe late in the window.

They've been trying to offload Varane for the past 4-years or so.

Ramos and his gigantic salary I guess is all part of them needing to seriously decrease their wage bill under the regulations of La Liga's cap to add.

Things just aligned at the same time seemingly.

Florentino Perez and his Mbappe fetish. Varane wanted to leave and there was nothing RM could fo about that. And Ramos is a mistake, but calculated one (he's 35 after all). All that talk about Ramos and astronomical wages are laughable when you consider they signed Alaba for similar wages. And Varane was on almost half of it.

Imagine losing club legend, one of the best CB in last 20-30 years and proven mega-winner, plus a CB who's in his prime, 4 time CL winner (same as Ramos, what a partnership to break!, And 3 of those were before his 25th birthday, beating the record of Paolo Maldini) all for what? 40, 45m euros?

Only in Florentino Perez's universe. I hope that Super League experiment screws them even more.

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
Raphaël Varane unveiling as Manchester United player expected next week, due to quarantine rules. Varane’s camp still working on it. 🔴 #MUFC

The deal is 100% DONE. Varane will fly to Manchester this week but will undergo his medical few days later. ‘Official’ planning soon. 🛫

Solskjær considers the arrival of a fast, experienced centre-back to be key to operating with just one defensive midfielder in most matches next season #mulive [@TelegraphDucker]

CM is an interesting one. Looks like Pogba will stay and either see how things go or run down his contract. Varane signing will me no more McFred and hopefully more time for DVB.

It looks like Matic and Pereira are gonna leave. And we are gonna buy a CM even if Pogba stays.

So we could be going into the season with Pogba, DVB, Fred, Mctominey, Fernandes can play there. Garner potentially. And whoever we sign.

Just wondering being realistic who would be your guys preferred choice of CM. Mine would be Neves or Ninguez.?

Just wondering being realistic who would be your guys preferred choice of CM. Mine would be Neves or Ninguez.?

If anyone wants a player with zero pace and little range, Neves would be the bargain he's constantly being touted at ......

It always amuses the living P out of me when he comes up and moronic pundits, and even stupider fans, jump screaming L'pool should be all over him. When his skillset is the very last thing you want in a Klopp midfield.

If anyone wants a player with zero pace and little range, Neves would be the bargain he's constantly being touted at ......

It always amuses the living P out of me when he comes up and moronic pundits, and even stupider fans, jump screaming L'pool should be all over him. When his skillset is the very last thing you want in a Klopp midfield.
He falls into that category of overhyped or super ***** when the fact is he’s a good player who career had gone stale at Wolves. Would be perfect for what we are missing IMO.

I agree, he looks slightly above average eerytime I've watched him at wolves (or maybe I'm not watching his best games). He only gets the hype due to his occasional bangers from outside the box. That combined with his decent passing and you've got yourself a top class DM! He's Declan rice with less pace and better shooting.